Post-Game Talk: WEEK 17: Pats come up short; BUF 27 NE 21

Status
Not open for further replies.

BernieMcAvoy

Feb 18, 2020
I will leave the tiebreakers to others but this is how I expect it to shake out:

Carolina 2-15
Washington 4-13

Arizona 5-12
New England 5-12
Tennessee 5-12
NY Giants 5-12
LA Chargers 5-12

Please tell me we're not picking 7th in this scenario.
Titans have a .019 better SOS so 6th should be the worst but idk how much that can change in one week. What i don't understand is how tankathon have the Commander picking 2nd right now when the SOS is the same and they beat the Patriots

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Everyone wants Bill gone, but if he stays we're going to be on Hard Knocks with a rookie QB. Think of the content.
No thanks. Bill has had his reputation benefit greatly by being lucky enough to have tripped into Brady. He's been more than exposed for what he is at this point. No goddam show will make me want to suffer through more of this horseshit and his blowhard act where he never accepts responsibility for how the end of this era went.

I'd also love to see some consistency from you and the other Zappe swabs. You literally shit on Jones all day every day and when Zappe single handedly gives the Bills 20 points gift wrapped, you do nothing but cheer him on. It's total bullshit. If Jones had thrown 2 picks in a half you'd be screaming for his head. Zappe throws 3 in a quarter, including a pick 6 and all we get is crickets. It's why I can't take what you say seriously. There's zero consistency in your takes.

mar2kbos

Sep 28, 2017
I'll make a mental note of it because you're wrong. When the Aidan O'Connell's, Jake Brownings, Tony DeVitos, Drew Locks, etc still have jobs, and you genuinely don't think Mac will get even a backup? Well you're just going to look silly. But thats okay. It doesn't matter.
Yawn, I hope you follow Mac to his new team

• Haha
Reactions: Mione134

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
How did you enjoy the game? You screamed at every pick Jones threw and there's your boy literally turning it over every chance he got and that was fun for you? How about his constant sacks? Inaccuracy? The book is out on him. Pressure him and he can't complete a pass. The Jets will be blitzing all day long. Better hope he can adjust and get the ball out quick, otherwise it'll be a lot like today. And really, if Allen had played even an average game for him, the Bills would have won by 20. He sucked so the game stayed closer on the scoreboard than it really was in actuality.

I think mac fans are just rage watching Zappe. he's shown a lot of poise and is a much better teammate and a much better arm. Great to see especially a pass over 10 yards.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Why wait? No one cares about him now. The simple truth is that it wasn't Jones as the reason the team sucked. It's Bill paying more attention to defense and special teams and taking a steaming shit on the offensive side. No quarterback would be successful with this collection of absolute trash on the line and at receiver. It's just not good.

How dare you make sense on here. Everything is Mac's fault. Zappe is our savior. Bill stays for another 5 years. Can't wait to draft a guard! Wahzooo!

Reactions: EvilDead and LSCII

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
How dare you make sense on here. Everything is Mac's fault. Zappe is our savior. Bill stays for another 5 years. Can't wait to draft a guard! Wahzooo!

I think Mac never bought it, thinks his way of Alabama Mac is the way. No Alabama QB has won anything since Namath. All the Pats QB's Brady Cassel, Jimmy, Brisset, Zappe have better winning percentages than Mac. So poor Mac, good luck with that noodle arm

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I think mac fans are just rage watching Zappe. he's shown a lot of poise and is a much better teammate and a much better arm. Great to see especially a pass over 10 yards.
That could be true, except I'm not and have never been a Jones fan. I'm also not a fan of Zappe. You know why? Because both of them aren't good. The problem is that the GM/coach of the team picked them and then saddled them with bad coaching, bad receivers, and bad offensive linemen.

The other hole in your anti Zappe theory is that he's simply been bad. You don't have to root against a guy that has thrown a pick a game, and takes more sacks than chicks at a swinger party.

I think Mac never bought it, thinks his way of Alabama Mac is the way. No Alabama QB has won anything since Namath. All the Pats QB's Brady Cassel, Jimmy, Brisset, Zappe have better winning percentages than Mac. So poor Mac, good luck with that noodle arm
Now do Bill's winning percentage for his entire career...

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
That could be true, except I'm not and have never been a Jones fan. I'm also not a fan of Zappe. You know why? Because both of them aren't good. The problem is that the GM/coach of the team picked them and then saddled them with bad coaching, bad receivers, and bad offensive linemen.

The other hole in your anti Zappe theory is that he's simply been bad. You don't have to root against a guy that has thrown a pick a game, and takes more sacks than chicks at a swinger party.

Now do Bill's winning percentage for his entire career...
Well I'm comparing Pats QB's the last 23 years so good sample size. I never heard about Bill ruining any QB's before Mac. Bill and Mac had a good 1st year but I think Mac wanted his own brand trademarking his own name. I read he also rage texted Edelman after a hot take. Think he is just a diva that will never fit and his arm can't cash his ego's check

Last edited:

BruinsFan37

Jun 26, 2015
The Pats, Cards and Washington are all 4-12, if they all lose next week, order will be determined by:

"aggregate won-lost-tied percentage of each involved club's regular-season opponents and awarding preferential selection order to the club that faced the schedule of teams with the lowest aggregate won-lost-tied percentage"

As of right now that's:

New England 111-109 (0.50454)
Washington: 112-110 (0.50450)
Arizona 123-98 (0.556)

And the Pats draft 2nd.

With a couple games left to play today. a KC loss and a Denver win would help the Pats tiebreaker situation.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617

bur yet Hurts and Tua are good QB's.

Mac is a good QB, if you invest in him. Its clear Bill didn't want him. He wasn't Bills guy. If you watch his rookie highlights, genuinely do you think anything is positive about them? Statistically he was great and broke records for a rookie in this organization and in general. 2nd in voting behind Ja'Marr Chase.

Clearly there's talent there. Bill failed to invest in his QB. The 2nd year of hell was ALL on Bill. Then he addresses nothing this off-season and look how it went.

Let's just sign JuJu and not Meyers despite his obvious chemistry with Mac. Let's not sign Dhop because "he's washed" but give an undeserving Parker a raise.

This roster mismanagement is ALL on Bill. Did Mac play good this year? No. But it'sJim. all on him. But as long as Bill makes it seem that way, this fanbase will eat it up.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
bur yet Hurts and Tua are good QB's.

Mac is a good QB, if you invest in him. Its clear Bill didn't want him. He wasn't Bills guy. If you watch his rookie highlights, genuinely do you think anything is positive about them? Statistically he was great and broke records for a rookie in this organization and in general. 2nd in voting behind Ja'Marr Chase.

Clearly there's talent there. Bill failed to invest in his QB. The 2nd year of hell was ALL on Bill. Then he addresses nothing this off-season and look how it went.

Let's just sign JuJu and not Meyers despite his obvious chemistry with Mac. Let's not sign Dhop because "he's washed" but give an undeserving Parker a raise.

This roster mismanagement is ALL on Bill. Did Mac play good this year? No. But it'sJim. all on him. But as long as Bill makes it seem that way, this fanbase will eat it up.

Even if you give Mac a Tyreek or Jefferson they will see their lowest production. No arm to make the deep throws. Most playmakers see their stats dissapear with Mac

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Even if you give Mac a Tyreek or Jefferson they will see their lowest production. No arm to make the deep throws. Most playmakers see their stats dissapear with Mac

Mac had better offensive weapons at Alabama than with the Patriots, from blue-chip talent to actual NFL production. Roughly 80% of his career completions at Alabama went to first- or second-round draft picks, namely DeVonta Smith, Jaylen Waddle, John Metchie III and Najee Harris.

But tell me again about having top talent around him wouldn't make a difference because those players played damn well with him throwing it to him.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Mac had better offensive weapons at Alabama than with the Patriots, from blue-chip talent to actual NFL production. Roughly 80% of his career completions at Alabama went to first- or second-round draft picks, namely DeVonta Smith, Jaylen Waddle, John Metchie III and Najee Harris.

But tell me again about having top talent around him wouldn't make a difference because those players played damn well with him throwing it to him.
but yet all these Alabama QB's who play on superteams in college haven't won anything since Namath. Why is that?

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
but yet all these Alabama QB's who play on superteams in college haven't won anything since Namath. Why is that?
Who knows. Does it matter?

You said if you put Jefferson or Tyreek on the Pats with Mac that it wouldn't make a difference, yet look at the players he played with and threw to. And they had fantastic college careers with Mac at the helm.

So why wouldn't that happen on an NFL team?

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Who knows. Does it matter?

You said if you put Jefferson or Tyreek on the Pats with Mac that it wouldn't make a difference, yet look at the players he played with and threw to. And they had fantastic college careers with Mac at the helm.

So why wouldn't that happen on an NFL team?

The NFL is a different league. These College superteams beat up on a lot of bad teams. You see a lot of college QB's dominate within in a good system in College but it doesn't always translate well to the NFL vs pro defenses. Mahomes and Allen didn't go to college superteams but individually capable of taking over a game based on talent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad