NFL GDT: Week 16

SwordsgoneWild

WhenyougazeintotheabysstheBuffaloSabresgazeback
Mar 6, 2011
Lake Worth,Fl
At least games end after 1 ot regardless.
Thank god. Couldn't stomach a reg. season game between 2 shit teams going multiple OTs.. Playoffs are a different story. That Rams/Panthers double O.T back in '03 was great. Can't remember any playoff games since that went past 1. Though I'm sure there's been a few since then.

This has to be a candidate for worst game of the season.
This and the Colts/Broncos definitely stand out .

Reactions: kingsholygrail

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Thank god. Couldn't stomach a reg. season game between 2 shit teams going multiple OTs.. Playoffs are a different story. That Rams/Panthers double O.T back in '03 was great. Can't remember any playoff games since that went past 1. Though I'm sure there's been a few since then.

This and the Colts/Broncos definitely stand out .
I can’t remember any playoff games. Can’t remember any, honestly. I watched Philly/SF in 94 when Ruzek missed the gw kick as ot expired but a penalty gave him a retry and he made it. Closest I remember to it getting there.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
The Bucs: No running game, bad coaching, undisciplined, terrible offensive line.

Yet everyone ignores those red flags because Brady

It's like the Tom Brady mystique is so powerful that it doesn't matter their red flags

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Oh I wonder how easy will it be for Denver to get a real coach& players to sign there?

Why would a legit coach want to go into that mess
Because they’ll be paid appropriately to

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
Oh I wonder how easy will it be for Denver to get a real coach& players to sign there?

Why would a legit coach want to go into that mess
They're in the worst spot in the entire league, by far. The Wilson trade was bad but it's the contract extension that is truly devastating. I get they have a good defense but that defense has lost motivation and for good reason.

I understand they didn't want him to play a lame duck season and then potentially sign somewhere else after having a big year, so they hedged their bets that he'd play up to the contract. It turned out to be the equivalent of investing $200 million into Lehman Brothers in early 2008.

They're now locked into Wilson for a long, long time. The OL hates him, the WRs don't like him and the defense doesn't like him. He has treated himself (and has been treated by the Broncos front office) like he's above the team.

It's a toxic situation. At least the Texans have their own pick and don't have a bad QB locked in to one of the worst contracts in the history of the league.

Reactions: BB88

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Because they’ll be paid appropriately to

They’ll get paid elsewhere too.

What team is in a bigger mess than they?
Lost picks to Seattle, worst contract in the league in Wilson

They're in the worst spot in the entire league, by far. The Wilson trade was bad but it's the contract extension that is truly devastating. I get they have a good defense but that defense has lost motivation and for good reason.

I understand they didn't want him to play a lame duck season and then potentially sign somewhere else after having a big year, so they hedged their bets that he'd play up to the contract. It turned out to be the equivalent of investing $200 million into Lehman Brothers in early 2008.

They're now locked into Wilson for a long, long time. The OL hates him, the WRs don't like him and the defense doesn't like him. He has treated himself (and has been treated by the Broncos front office) like he's above the team.

It's a toxic situation. At least the Texans have their own pick and don't have a bad QB locked in to one of the worst contracts in the history of the league.

Denver looks like a coaching graveyard right now.

Untill they get rid of Wilson contract they aren’t going anywhere.
Chiefs& Chargers will dominate the division

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021

Denver is 100 percent f***ed unless/until Wilson rebounds. They can't do anything with that contract that I know of for a few years unless I'm misunderstanding the CBA.

Reactions: BB88

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
They’ll get paid elsewhere too.

What team is in a bigger mess than they?
Lost picks to Seattle, worst contract in the league in Wilson

Only 32 people in the entire universe get to be NFL head coaches at a given time. And at most there’s like 7 openings every year. If you think Russ is an overconfident egomaniac, head coaches are that turned up exponentially. There will be no shortage of people certain they would turn this around.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Only 32 people in the entire universe get to be NFL head coaches at a given time. And at most there’s like 7 openings every year. If you think Russ is an overconfident egomaniac, head coaches are that turned up exponentially. There will be no shortage of people certain they would turn this around.

Sure their get someone.

I just don’t see why a top tier coach would want to tie his coaching career on Wilson rebounding.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Me: Holy shit the Dolphins are 8-3! They've finally emerged as a legit team after years of painful mediocrity

Me 4 weeks later:
1324007030912.jpg

SwordsgoneWild

WhenyougazeintotheabysstheBuffaloSabresgazeback
Mar 6, 2011
Lake Worth,Fl

Hmmmm...I wonder if this could be the case. It was like he was 2 different QB's after that hit.

It could very well be the case. I remember Josh Allen had great half against GB then he took a big shot in the second half and played like shit the rest of the way and the following week against the Jets. Where he then proceeded to injure his elbow and and continue his own stretch of Meh. He snapped out of it eventually.

But this is different. We're talking about head injuries. Hopefully Tua bounces back.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad