NFL GDT: Week 16 - Part II

Sep 19, 2008
It took some time but Gus Bus is getting things done in Jacksonville. That blowout of the Colts was a sign something might be brewing there

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Jags score and finally get a 2 point conversion(1 for 3 now today). They now have 1:13 to get 2 onside kicks and a TD + 2 and a FG to tie :laugh:

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
For everyone who was wondering WTF happened on that Panthers' 4th down play to Olsen

But the play that will eat at Olsen is the fourth-down pass with 1:53 remaining. Newton took the shotgun snap and, with some pressure in his face, threw it up about 10 yards downfield for Olsen.

Olsen, however, had only gone about 5 yards because of confusion. The ball fell harmlessly to the ground near midfield.

“I didn’t do a good enough job of getting the play call. I wasn’t sure what was happening, then the ball got snapped on me,” Olsen said. “I was just trying to get to the first-down chains and figure it out. I didn’t even really run a route. So I would love to have that play back and get out on them and run.”

In hindsight, maybe a timeout would have been appropriate to get everyone on the same page. They had time.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
and Saints win. Houston clinches at least a SOV tie. Indy is going to need a better hail Mary to make the playoffs than the Rodgers to Rodgers throw.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
This game is over. Russells a fighter so he wont quit but the line is just not giving em a chance.

Or i guess st louis defensive line. They're dominating

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
I'm confused, I wasn't exactly paying attention when they showed that replay, how was that not a safety?

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
For everyone who was wondering WTF happened on that Panthers' 4th down play to Olsen

In hindsight, maybe a timeout would have been appropriate to get everyone on the same page. They had time.

Somewhat on the same topic. I guess there was a lot of back and forth during the game due to how the Panthers acted in the previous game. This quote was in a article on espn:

"Charles Johnson came up to me and said, 'Who are you?' and I said to him, 'I'm a Super Bowl champ and a two-time NFC Champ. Who are you?'" said Schofield, formerly with the Seattle Seahawks. "They're trying to tell me, 'You're going to be at home while we're in the playoffs.' I don't care."

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...-were-sore-losers-was-dabbing-all-their-faces

Probably the best comeback I've ever seen. I don't care for either team, but I wouldn't know what to say to that if I were Charles Johnson.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Looked like the ball crossed the plane back into the field of play just a tiny bit as he was hit

but doesn't it depend on where he went down? Like by the time his knee/arm/butt was down the ball was in the end zone.

Or is the rules different for when you go down in the end zone?

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Vikings game is turning into close to a must win at this point. If St. Louis holds on against Seattle and the Vikings lose to the Giants, it's far from a sure thing that they'll get in.

If the Vikings lose @ Packers, Seahawks lose vs. Cardinals and Falcons beat the Saints (I'd say the Cardinals, Packers and Falcons are all the favorites there), then the Vikings don't make the playoffs.

Crazy how quickly things can turn.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
Somewhat on the same topic. I guess there was a lot of back and forth during the game due to how the Panthers acted in the previous game. This quote was in a article on espn:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...-were-sore-losers-was-dabbing-all-their-faces

Probably the best comeback I've ever seen. I don't care for either team, but I wouldn't know what to say to that if I were Charles Johnson.

Schofield is pissy because of the picture, and that wasn't even the first time they did that. There's a difference between having fun and doing stuff like that, and taunting. I'm really not sure why the NFL and some media/******** parents have to lump it all together. The Panthers have fun, and the biggest taunt of the year went unwritten about, unflagged, and unfined (Norman waving at Bortles during his pick 6 in game one).

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
Vikings game is turning into close to a must win at this point. If St. Louis holds on against Seattle and the Vikings lose to the Giants, it's far from a sure thing that they'll get in.

If the Vikings lose @ Packers, Seahawks lose vs. Cardinals and Falcons beat the Saints (I'd say the Cardinals, Packers and Falcons are all the favorites there), then the Vikings don't make the playoffs.

Crazy how quickly things can turn.

If all of that happens, it still depends on a bunch of other games as Canada4Gold as pointed out. The SOV tie-breaker is not determined at all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad