NFL GDT: Week 16 - Part II

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
Boy, you rarely hear the boo-birds at Mile High. Can't blame them, the past few weeks have to have been tough to watch if you are a Broncos fan. I hope our esteemed Ser Woof is hanging in there wherever he is this fine evening.

Kubiak is taking years off of my life. His 1970's style offense just doesn't work with our horrendous offensive line... the first half actually gave me a headache lol. I just can't stand the guy, sometimes it feels as if he's more interested in shoehorning his offense onto this team than actually winning football games. Still not convinced that we'll do anything in the playoffs; this has been a frustrating year.

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
Kubiak is taking years off of my life. His 1970's style offense just doesn't work with our horrendous offensive line... the first half actually gave me a headache lol. I just can't stand the guy, sometimes it feels as if he's more interested in shoehorning his offense onto this team than actually winning football games. Still not convinced that we'll do anything in the playoffs; this has been a frustrating year.

I never understood the hiring of Kubiak with this team. It just didn't make sense.

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
Elway made the hire from a friendship standpoint more than an organizational standpoint unfortunately.

I honestly thought that luring Dungy out of retirement (which I think was possible, but who knows) would have been the best bet. He's proven he can successfully coach a Peyton-led offence before.

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
I honestly thought that luring Dungy out of retirement (which I think was possible, but who knows) would have been the best bet. He's proven he can successfully coach a Peyton-led offence before.

That would have been something most Broncos fans would have been more than fine with but it was always doubtful that Dungy would come out of retirement. I get the impression that it's not easy working under Elway's ego... my opinion has really soured on him the past couple seasons as a manager watching him refuse to address positions of need and seemingly overriding his coaches decisions.

Its not all on Kubiak. Manning was bad all year, the line is hit and miss and way too many drops.

Minus the Green Bay game. And a few drives in the first KC game. The only times Manning looked good was when he was allowed to run the offense himself, as has Brock. Both have looked pathetic when they are forced to run Kubiak's offense. Schofield is a complete disaster and the rest aren't much better yet the drops are a good point; if DT and Vernon Davis don't go on drop-a-thons the past two weeks the Broncos very likely somehow find a way to beat both Oakland and Pittsburgh.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->