Post-Game Talk: WEEK 16 - G̶e̶o̶r̶g̶e̶ Bailey Zappe has a Christmas Eve miracle - PATS 26 Denver 23

Status
Not open for further replies.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Since they now aren’t picking high enough for a top QB I’d like to see them go BPA whether that’s MHJR or one of the OT. Then draft a QB in round 2 and have Zappe start the year with the 2nd round pick learning and preferably a 3rd veteran QB as the backup whose role is to help the development of both guys (Jimmy?)

Last edited:

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Since they now aren’t picking high enough for a top QB I’d like to see them go BPA whether that’s MHJR or one of the OT. Then draft a QB in round 2 and have Zappe start the year with the 2nd round pick learning and preferably a 3rd veteran QB as the backup whose roll is to help the development of both guys (Jimmy?)
The fold at tankathon have Pats taking Daniels at 4

Reactions: CDJ

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan

I would cry tears of joy if the Patriots get Jayden Daniels.

Oh boo you Karen Guregian. Get out of here with this revisionist nonsense. How dare she say something so blatantly stupid.

Since they now aren’t picking high enough for a top QB I’d like to see them go BPA whether that’s MHJR or one of the OT. Then draft a QB in round 2 and have Zappe start the year with the 2nd round pick learning and preferably a 3rd veteran QB as the backup whose roll is to help the development of both guys (Jimmy?)

Marvin Harrison Jr is going in the top five. There's no way the Patriots would be close enough to sniff him now. Especially if they keep winning meaningless football games.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Baker Mayfield looks closer to that type of story than Mac IMO
Mayfield was a good fit to slug it out on a team with a bad line but great skill position guys in a terrible division.

Daniels isn’t going to work in the NFL. Take the PSU tackle and try and get Penix later on.

Need that pick for Bill badly. Not picking at the top of R2 will sting as well.

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
Caleb Williams is trash and is an absolute head case especially when he doesn’t get his way. He can go elsewhere. If he comes to New England I’ll be finding a new team to root for.

He reminds me of every USC quarterback sans Carson Palmer and Matt Cassell. He's a prima donna who expects to waltz into the NFL and to just be an instant success because he played at LA's premier school and was the head of the fraternity. He's no different than Matt Leinart, Sam Darnold, Rodney Peete, John David Booty, and Mark Sanchez who came before him. If there's a QB prospect and his alma mater is USC, you should run away from that player.

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
I have been on the Daniels hype train

1703515816952.png

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Mayfield was a good fit to slug it out on a team with a bad line but great skill position guys in a terrible division.

Daniels isn’t going to work in the NFL. Take the PSU tackle and try and get Penix later on.

Need that pick for Bill badly. Not picking at the top of R2 will sting as well.
Top 5 pick far too early to pick an O lineman. Word has it this draft is deep with O linemen, take one in 2nd or later rounds. Pats are desperate for an impact player on offense

I have been on the Daniels hype train
I haven’t watched him. Reading good things about how he’s shooting up in mock drafts. He looks thin, needs to bulk up.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Top 5 pick far too early to pick an O lineman. Word has it this draft is deep with O linemen, take one in 2nd or later rounds. Pats are desperate for an impact player on offense

I haven’t watched him. Reading good things about how he’s shooting up in mock drafts. He looks thin, needs to bulk up.
His weakness coming into the year was his deep ball and I believe he had the best deep ball this year in college football. At least he did midway through the season. It will come down to whether or not he can process defenses but he has every tool you could hope for

Saw people trying to bash his character, not sure what that’s all about. Because some of his old Arizona State teammates were salty he went to a much better situation? They tried to say he sucked and then he was the best player in college football this year so who really sucks? He won college footballs award presented annually to the nation’s top quarterback who best exemplifies character, scholastic and athletic achievement. If people don’t like his character they probably just hate everybody under the age of 25.

Def has to put on some weight

Last edited:
Reactions: Oates2Neely

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Mac ruined us and should have never played again after Zappe won a couple games. Worst starter in the league this year. Worst teammate as well just a petulant little b. Handpicked his coordinator and got even worse.

Jones doesn't have the pull you think he doesn't. O'Brien was coming back regardless because 1. He was the obvious choice. And 2. He's Bill's friend. Funny you say he's a bad teammate, but Bourne LOVES him and literally got benched all last year for defending Mac and had his back. Henry, Andrew's, I can go on and on. Saying he's the worst teammate is a joke.

Mac didn't ruin us. Bill Belichick did. The entire roster construction is on him. Look at our WR's. We're like last in separation. Who picked these guys? Bill. Who drafted certain players? Bill. We didn't lose exclusively because of Mac. This falls on the head coach and the head coach only. If you can't see that then I don't know what else will.

Reactions: GabeTravels

BernieMcAvoy

Feb 18, 2020
I think it will forever be hard for Mac, just doesn't have the arm to make the big throws over 10 yards
Mac doesn't have the arm, he can't move around the pocket or is aware of what's going on around him and he can't throw on the run. The worst thing is probably the contested catch throws. Mac throws it where it's easier for the defensive player than wr to catch it 90% of the time.

Davante Parker while still overpaid goes from bum with Mac as qb to solid wr3 on the team with Zappe. 2.3 catches per game and 35.5 yards per game with Mac as the starter compared to 4.25 and 59.25 yards per game when Zappe starts. There's a 156 yard game with Mac in there as well, goes down to 2.22 catches and 28.8 yards if you remove that one game.

Zappe will be a good career backup who can come in and at least give you the chance to win some games if he needs to play and the only thing Mac has on Zappe is when the pocket is perfect he's more accurate within 15 yards. It wouldn't surprise me if Mac gets the chance to be a backup on a few teams and is out of the league by 2028. He could also find himself in the perfect situation and improve like Tua did but i don't think he will.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
But don't you see? This proves Bailey Zappe is a good QB and that Bill's a good coach and that he's the franchise because he beat a couple of tomato cans in games that meant nothing despite losing to real teams.

:^)
It does prove that at this point in time Bailey Zappe is a superior QB to Mac Jones.

25-33 for 256 and 2 TDs in a win. If only Mac could do that!

Tough days for the Mac diaper babies.

• Haha
Reactions: EvilDead

HHHH

Feb 15, 2010
Would the Patriots have a shot at drafting Joe Alt? They could stand to build some stability on the line...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad