Post-Game Talk: WEEK 16 - G̶e̶o̶r̶g̶e̶ Bailey Zappe has a Christmas Eve miracle - PATS 26 Denver 23

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
There is the inconvenience that they owe him 25 million for next year.

What is certain is Mac Jones will play somewhere else in 2024.
Without a doubt.

They ruined him here. I expect him to succeed somewhere else. Might take a year or so, but he'll make it elsewhere. I don't think Bill ever wanted or liked him as a QB.

I don't see them getting rid of Bill even though it's time.

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
Without a doubt.

They ruined him here. I expect him to succeed somewhere else. Might take a year or so, but he'll make it elsewhere. I don't think Bill ever wanted or liked him as a QB.

I doubt that Bob Kraft wants to keep him around just so he can fail upwards to Shula's win record. At the end of the day, the Krafts care about the team's brand equity and Belichick has continued to damage it. There's no way he can be allowed to continue unless this team falls outside of the top ten picks.

Reactions: bbfan419

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
Without a doubt.

Although this was before my time and slightly different, this MIGHT be a Jim Plunkett situation. The Boomers here should remember him.
I can’t see Bill returning. How can he? Unless he is demoted strictly to head coach with no say over anything else, he’s as good as gone.

I’ll give you a public apology if I’m wrong.

Last edited:
Reactions: EvilDead

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Although this was before my time and slightly different, this MIGHT be a Jim Plunkett situation. The Boomers here should remember him.

I can’t see Bill returning. How can he? Unless he is demoted strictly to head coach with no say over anything else, he’s as good as gone.

I’ll give you a public apology if I’m wrong.

I remember Jim Plunkett. Heisman Trophy winner & iirc the #1 overall pick of his draft class. Played for some awful Patriots teams, he spent a lot of time either running for his life or getting crushed by opposing defenses. He was considered toast when he left. Became an Oakland Raiders reclamation project and ended up leading them to 2 Super Bowl wins.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Without a doubt.

Mac ruined us and should have never played again after Zappe won a couple games. Worst starter in the league this year. Worst teammate as well just a petulant little b. Handpicked his coordinator and got even worse.

Reactions: KesselBuiltMyHotrod

SwayHeyKid

Living by faith, not by sight.
Mar 14, 2022
Mac ruined us and should have never played again after Zappe won a couple games. Worst starter in the league this year. Worst teammate as well just a petulant little b. Handpicked his coordinator and got even worse.
I don't get the fans allegiance to Jones at all. He is all of the above. Good riddance.

Reactions: BigGoalBrad

bruins19

Aug 11, 2005
If they were going to win one, at least it pretty much knocked Wilson and the Broncos out if the playoffs.

I can live with this win because of that.
First of all, Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all you wonderful people. Second, while I know it messed up the draft, it did hose Wilson and the Broncos, so there’s that. Also, it’s kind of inspirational in that some times you have to suck it up, play hard, and win with the guys you have versus the guys you wish you had.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Reactions: Johnnyduke
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad