Post-Game Talk: WEEK 16 - G̶e̶o̶r̶g̶e̶ Bailey Zappe has a Christmas Eve miracle - PATS 26 Denver 23

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
1703539951633.png

Reactions: BigGoalBrad

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
$5 at Dick’s

Hoping they can get someone a little more franchise altering than OL, but they definitely could use it.
Yeah we’ve actually gotten really good play out of Brown this year, we won’t see a huge difference by replacing him with Fashunu or Alt. It does provide a long term solution that we don’t have at least.

I hope they consider Nabers too

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
It does prove that at this point in time Bailey Zappe is a superior QB to Mac Jones.

25-33 for 256 and 2 TDs in a win. If only Mac could do that!

Tough days for the Mac diaper babies.
Ah yes, against the Broncos! And he did good against...the Steelers.

Yeah, Zappe is great. I could cherry pick all the times Mac was good too. Doesn't matter.

It's clear none of them are the future here.

Reactions: EvilDead

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007

Yeah, Zappe is great. I could cherry pick all the times Mac was good too. Doesn't matter.

Nope, didn't say he was great.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Great, good, meh. Doesn't matter honestly
Well, Zappe being better matters somewhat in that the organization could decide to keep Zappe next year even if just as a backup to another QB. Or he has shown enough where he could be a backup somewhere else. Good for Zappe. Even being a backup QB can be a good living. I hope Mac gets that chance somewhere!

SwayHeyKid

Living by faith, not by sight.
Mar 14, 2022

Didn’t Mac beat a bunch of teams w scrub QBs? Your excuses for Mac have always been no skill players and no OL and Zappe has looked good to very good with the same lot lately after Jones has been completely horrible I’m not sure why Jones is so endearing to the fanbase when he’s been a petulant whiny child most of the season on top of being God awful

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
Well, Zappe being better matters somewhat in that the organization could decide to keep Zappe next year even if just as a backup to another QB. Or he has shown enough where he could be a backup somewhere else. Good for Zappe. Even being a backup QB can be a good living. I hope Mac gets that chance somewhere!

This team isn't keeping a third string quarterback because he had good games against teams that gagged on themselves. This team is going to clean house, sign Case Keenum or some other vet, draft Daniels or Penix Jr, and then have the vet and rookie battle it out in camp. Zappe has no place in this discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad