Post-Game Talk: WEEK 15 - What happens in Vegas just went to a new level - speechless

Status
Not open for further replies.

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles

FkTxWc5WIAI1lFr

Lol

• Haha
Reactions: LSCII

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
i’m convinced all that’s going to happen is patricia is moved to a different role and bill o brien is given the OC position if he wants it

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
The Grey area of that play/call is why the ruling on the field stood.
It was ruled a TD on the field and it's so close it's hard to definitively tell whether one part of his foot touched a blade of grass before his toe part touched out of bounds first.
Therefore it wasn't reversible.

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
i’m convinced all that’s going to happen is patricia is moved to a different role and bill o brien is given the OC position if he wants it
Yeah that’s probably it, and hopefully a new QB coach too. Patricia will probably coach o line. Wonder when his contract with Detroit ends though, may play into it if he needs to get paid.

Fire that special teams guy to the moon and move Judge back there.

Should help but could use more change.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
The Grey area of that play/call is why the ruling on the field stood.
It was ruled a TD on the field and it's so close it's hard to definitively tell whether one part of his foot touched a blade of grass before his toe part touched out of bounds first.
Therefore it wasn't reversible.
The burden of proof falls on the evidence to unequivocally show the opposite of what the call on the field was. Thus the play stood. Vs the red saying confirmed.

If replay was not dependent on the call on the field but instead based on the evidence what should the call have been then it should have been called out of bounds and incomplete. And 3rd down for LV.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
The burden of proof falls on the evidence to unequivocally show the opposite of what the call on the field was. Thus the play stood. Vs the red saying confirmed.

If replay was not dependent on the call on the field but instead based on the evidence what should the call have been then it should have been called out of bounds and incomplete. And 3rd down for LV.
It was inconclusive.

Reactions: capecodder

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
That said, this roster has absolutely no business being 7-7 with the limited talent that they have, especially on offense. The fact that they ARE 7-7 is due to Bill the coach.

I'd say it has more to do with the quality of the league as a whole and, specifically, their opponents. There's like 5 good teams, 5 terrible teams and a bunch of mediocre garbage in the middle.

How many of those 7 wins came against good teams? I'd say zero. Any mediocre head coach probably has the same record with the pats roster.

Reactions: CDJ

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
I'd say it has more to do with the quality of the league as a whole and, specifically, their opponents. There's like 5 good teams, 5 terrible teams and a bunch of mediocre garbage in the middle.

How many of those 7 wins came against good teams? I'd say zero. Any mediocre head coach probably has the same record with the pats roster.
A little easier when 5/7 of those teams the Pats played against the backup QBs. 6 if you wanna count Wilson.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Should be given HC - this thing's rotten from the top. Give Bill a surprise vacation and a great ceremony opening night 2023.

bb74

Thanks for Everything Bill
Sep 24, 2003
Cuttyhunk
Not much to say aside the team isn't this stupid, just they are playing stupid. Captain obvious statement here : that means they are poorly coached.

Bill thought he was going lunchpail football with D and a running game but he seems to have missed you need a crew chief to keep the guys from showing up half the time not knowing what job they are there for and forget the sandwiches...

This D with a half decent offense moving the sticks and eating the clock for 4-5 mins a possession would be a heck of a D. Not all world for sure but pretty good. Thing is they get gassed by halftime because the passing offense absolutely sucks and can't make any plays or maintain momentum. Jones seems to be a smart kid, but for as much as he tries to avoid making the wrong plays, he sure doesn't seem to be able to process the right plays fast enough to stick in the NFL. 3rd year with a 3rd OC in a row probably isn't the best situation to find his footing and accelerate reads - it's like what one would expect from the Browns or some other joke franchise.

Bill knows enough football to recognize that 3 coach changes in 3 years is going to make it even harder and by that time we may just not know because if Jones get's traded, it will be 4th OC in 4 years and a total shit way to start a career in the NFL.

Reactions: bruinsfan1968

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Should be given HC - this thing's rotten from the top. Give Bill a surprise vacation and a great ceremony opening night 2023.
No other coach would win this many games with Mac Jones as their QB. I think if he was the starter on another franchise they would possible go 0-17.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Disclaimer: not a football guy these days, have only seen the highlight of the final play.

Could they not just kneel on it and play for overtime?

Who made that final pass to Jones, and has he ever thrown a football in his life? How can a professional athlete, a football player no less, look like he was throwing a football for the first time? It’s almost like he had the realization, just a half second too late, that he is actually left handed.

Has Mac Jones ever tried to tackle anybody? He didn’t even get run over. It was more that he gently laid down and allowed that other dude to gingerly step over him.

Everything is wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia