Post-Game Talk: WEEK 15: Pats can’t Shake It Off, Could Build a Castle Out of All the Picks Bill has Whiffed On- KC27-NE17

Status
Not open for further replies.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
My priorities are quarterback and tackle in that order.

If you don’t find the next franchise quarterback, it doesn’t matter who his weapons are.

And if you draft the next guy, but can’t protect him, it doesn’t matter who his weapons are.

Marvin Harrison is a luxury that this team cannot afford. Too many other holes to fill.

As unpopular as it is, if their guy is not available at two, then I do want them trading down.

BradMarchandismydad

Nov 22, 2016
Boston
My priorities are quarterback and tackle in that order.

If you don’t find the next franchise quarterback, it doesn’t matter who his weapons are.

And if you draft the next guy, but can’t protect him, it doesn’t matter who his weapons are.

Marvin Harrison is a luxury that this team cannot afford. Too many other holes to fill.

As unpopular as it is, if their guy is not available at two, then I do want them trading down.

Respectfully I totally disagree. If you’re picking top 3 it truly has to be Caleb Maye or MHJ. Passing on generational players, especially when your biggest hole is at receiver, is not a good move. You can use other picks in the draft to get great line talent.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
I thought the best coach/GM of all time would have a better succession plan and would reach more than 1 playoff game in 4 years after Brady.
Exactly this. The alleged GOAT team builder/coach should have much higher expectations of himself than the slop we have seen post Brady. Much of it has been self inflicted. He submarined the entire operation last year going with Patricia and Judge. His promising QB has never recovered. Bill has botched so much it's tough to keep track of it all.

Reactions: LSCII

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Exactly this. The alleged GOAT team builder/coach should have much higher expectations of himself than the slop we have seen post Brady. Much of it has been self inflicted. He submarined the entire operation last year going with Patricia and Judge. His promising QB has never recovered. Bill has botched so much it's tough to keep track of it all.
I still consider him the greatest tho, at least the greatest coach. I just think his ego got in the way and he, thru his own doing, had to start over with a new QB in his late 60s when the game has largely passed him by already.

Reactions: CDJ and Johnnyduke

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007

This is probably the best evidence of how Zappe has been better than Mac. Obviously he hasn't done it consistently for even one entire game but my god has it been more functional. I see no reason to not keep Zappe until whoever you draft is ready to play. Trade Mac for whatever you can get.

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
I really don’t get why anyone expected the Patriots to be competitive anytime soon after Brady left. You don’t lose the best player in nfl history and then recover in 2-3 years. I fully expected it to be around 9-10 years so I really don’t get what people expected

I didn't expect it to be 9-10 years, but I also thought they'd be smart enough to do an immediate full rebuild tear down, but they decided to waste 4 years instead.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA

This is probably the best evidence of how Zappe has been better than Mac. Obviously he hasn't done it consistently for even one entire game but my god has it been more functional. I see no reason to not keep Zappe until whoever you draft is ready to play. Trade Mac for whatever you can get.

Now do his second half stats from today and last week. Nothing has changed other than the Steelers playing an even worse qb than the pats have.

Reactions: Mione134

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617

Now tell the whole story. Show hos second half stats in those games.

The Cheifs missed and drop like 3 interceptions today.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida

had a great 1st half vs the best QB, Obviously the kid is green and still learning the NFL game. He just needs to get better and develop his game

• Haha

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Now do his second half stats from today and last week. Nothing has changed other than the Steelers playing an even worse qb than the pats have.
I don't have to because the stats I alluded to are already better than what Mac was throwing out there. I have no idea why you choose this hill to die on. Anyone with eyes can see it has been more functional with Zappe. That doesn't mean it's been great or consistent. It's just been better than dumpster fire.

• Haha
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad