Post-Game Talk: WEEK 15: Pats can’t Shake It Off, Could Build a Castle Out of All the Picks Bill has Whiffed On- KC27-NE17

Status
Not open for further replies.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
I see Zach Wilson turned back into a pumpkin.

Not one to applaud injury of a player, but also not shedding any tears over that whole situation imploding this season.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
We’ll see which Dallas team shows up today.

Philadelphia is fading.

I’ll never trust Lamar in the playoffs.

Dallas is the Maple Leafs of football. They look like a million bucks in the regular season, but come playoff time...

Philly is talented as anyone but just suddenly forgot how to play football all of a sudden. Teams that do that in November/December rarely recover from it in January (see: 2019 Patriots)

SF is the safe pick but I still don't know if Purdy is legit

Detroit is good but probably have an inflated record due to the rest of the North sucking

As you say, Lamar usually gets shut down in the playoffs when the great defenses and coaches tailor their gameplans to exploit his flaws

Miami is the biggest paper tiger I've ever seen, running it up on bad teams then getting punched in the mouth by good ones. Chiefs are fully dysfunctional.

AFC kind of reminds me of that year when the rest of the regular contenders were so down and dysfunctional that the Jaguars made the AFCCG and probably should've beaten the Patriots. I could see that happening again where all the division champs shoot themselves in the foot or get an ill-timed injury and someone like Jacksonville or Indy just backs their way into the Superbowl.

Reactions: smithformeragent

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
1702849574699.png

Carolina needs to win again but they are not in tank mode as they don't own the pick anyways

1702849658790.png

Reactions: Oates2Neely

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
13-3 Superbowl win.

He has lost his edge. But to call him a fraud is silly

I really don’t get why anyone expected the Patriots to be competitive anytime soon after Brady left. You don’t lose the best player in nfl history and then recover in 2-3 years. I fully expected it to be around 9-10 years so I really don’t get what people expected

Reactions: BigGoalBrad

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
I really don’t get why anyone expected the Patriots to be competitive anytime soon after Brady left. You don’t lose the best player in nfl history and then recover in 2-3 years. I fully expected it to be around 9-10 years so I really don’t get what people expected
I thought the best coach/GM of all time would have a better succession plan and would reach more than 1 playoff game in 4 years after Brady.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad