Pre-Game Talk: Week 15: Eastern Road Trip (@MTL @OTT @BOS @PHI)

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
One guy that is not getting enough praise right now is LOC. 8 goals 19 pts 36-pt pace and leading the team with +13. He is giving the Avs great value on his contract. He has been given more ice time due to injuries and he has taken advantage of it so far. I don't think he will be able to keep going like this for long but congrats to him so far.
Yup... I hope this is the year he can finally finish as strong as he's started. If he can play like this in March, April, and May... that goes a long ways to helping the depth of the team.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Logan O'Connor is going to play here next season then cash in as a UFA in 2025.

Teams will look at his speed, penalty killing ability, and ~10 goals and ~25-30 point production and offer up 4x3 contracts to him. He'll be used as a 3rd liner and be despised by that fanbase immediately because he won't be worth 3M per season.

I'm so happy we have him on a value contract lol.

Reactions: Murzu and GeoRox89

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Yup... I hope this is the year he can finally finish as strong as he's started. If he can play like this in March, April, and May... that goes a long ways to helping the depth of the team.
The real test is if he gets a chance to keep it up in June.

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
Avs satisfied with the F depth, no callups needed.

IMG_0689.jpeg

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
I've said it a few times last season when Nuke was in and out of the lineup due to his foot injury but once again you see how important he is to this team's success. We are now 2-2 with him out of the lineup. Lehky would help but even with him in the lineup last year we were struggling with Nuke out.

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC

He kinda skirted the question about Georgiev. I understand that but the answer could have also been "I want more out of Georgie, I know he can be better, he knows he can be better, he wants to be better, and he's working hard towards that". I would have liked that answer more.

Last edited:
Reactions: cccoltsicehockey

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
He kinda skirted the question about Georgiev. I understand that but the answer could have also been "I want more out of Georgie, I know he can be better, he knows he can be better, he wants to be better, and he's working hard towards that". I would have liked that answer more.
I would have preferred ‘George has played like a turd after a bender’

GeoRox89

Nov 16, 2013
Fires of Mt Doom
I hate today’s start time. One of the only times I get a Saturday match that isn’t annoyingly early, Avs play at the same time.

Do I watch the Ambulanche auto loss or the auto loss for the team missing 11 players (5 are at AFCON not injured though) instead?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad