NFL GDT: Week 14

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
We just watched a whole slate of noon games in Sunday where the winners slaughtered their opponents by 2+ scores. You seem to have zero perspective.

Even the Sunday night game the Bills got the ball back up two scores with 7 minutes left and just ran out the clock. Not a lot of close games around the league at all Sunday.

I leave this one.....slightly unimpressed by the defenses, I have to admit. Even going back to the 4th down with Baltimore up two scores where they just didn't cover Landry on a slant.

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
Its been a long Fing time since I could say , and believe...
The 2020 AFC East winner is.....
Tatanka..
Plus I really like what im seeing on the field , and off..
I feel like smashing tables and shit.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
The Ravens have been bashed and criticized for a month (NE, TEN, the PIT mess), but...... for a squad that has basically had the season from hell, they pulled a Rasputin- they just can't be killed off.

They've been the villains of the league since the PIT situation and now....... after all they've been through they somehow saved their season.

You can't say Cleveland didn't want or need this game based on how they've played, but the Ravens played like a team that felt and knew they could not lose. In short, a kitchen sink game.

The Browns still have favorable games with the Jets/Giants. The Ravens are up against it with less margin for error.

I personally have turned on this Raven team after their shenanigans with the Steelers , but I got to give them credit- they played like a team that had no tomorrow.

If they lose, they're cooked. Now, they have a chance to pull an 05 Steelers and rewrite the narrative.

We all thought tonight was going to be the night the Ravens season from hell hit bottom. Amazingly, they somehow are not done by a long shot.

Last edited:

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Bro they can't beat a good team.

Regardless of opponent............

eutawiisp9jkji5czmnm

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
They didn't win the game.

My point is that it's not all about DID YOU BEAT GOOD TEAMS?

CLE is 9-4. 9-4 is 9-4 is 9-4. In the NFL, you don't have to apologize for wins but apparently beating good teams is supposed to give you extra brownie points.

Beating good teams guarantees nothing- how did that work out for the Chargers beating Green Bay last year? Heck, look at the Saints- how did that go for them yesterday?

This isn't college football. Beating teams is all that matters.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
You have to beat good teams as well as bad teams my guy.

You have to beat TEAMS period.

To make the playoffs, it's simple- win enough games.

CLE has put themselves in a good spot and quite frankly deserved better (Lamar hit 1 lucky pass and now people are gonna crown him all over again).

I lost a lot of respect for BAL recently and I don't want to see them come out on top after their situation basically screwed over PIT

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Baltimore got lucky.

They were about to choke in another big game but Lamar hits a lucky pass and now everyone's gonna fawn all over them again.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
My point is that it's not all about DID YOU BEAT GOOD TEAMS?

CLE is 9-4. 9-4 is 9-4 is 9-4. In the NFL, you don't have to apologize for wins but apparently beating good teams is supposed to give you extra brownie points.

Beating good teams guarantees nothing- how did that work out for the Chargers beating Green Bay last year? Heck, look at the Saints- how did that go for them yesterday?

This isn't college football. Beating teams is all that matters.
I'd add, they beat Colts and Titans, who are both pretty good teams. The only bad team they've lost to is the Raiders, and they aren't really bad (more mid-table).

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
I'd add, they beat Colts and Titans, who are both pretty good teams. The only bad team they've lost to is the Raiders, and they aren't really bad (more mid-table).

And keep in that mind the Raider game had insane wind

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad