NFL GDT: Week 14

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
He's going to be a fan favorite wherever he plays, he's a generational talent.

Doesn't make him any less of an insufferable hardo.

Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
every team has players that are jerks or who rub people the wrong way.
especially now when we know what players are doing 24/7 thanks to twitter/facebook ect ect
speaking of jerks. PacMan Jones takes the ****ing cake in that regard. He is a clown.

Street Hawk

Feb 18, 2003
Visit site
Bill O'Brien needs to sell out and find a QB this off-season or he'll be out of a job next year and he's lucky that a terrible division is keeping him employed this year.

And who would that be?

Cutler, Stafford, Ryan all having sub par years, but I don't see those franchises getting rid of them simply because of the lack of quality young QB's coming into the league.

Go around the league and you'll see a lot of teams needing a QB change for next season. And some would like an upgrade, but there's not much out there.

AFC West - Broncos are going to move on from Manning (in both sides best interests).
AFC North - Browns have to so something. McCown is what he is. Can't see Manziel being the solution there
AFC South - Texans need someone. Hoyer/Mallett were not the answer
AFC East - Jets are going with Vet Fitzpatrick because there are no better options for them. Maybe Bryce Petty can emerge. For the Bills, this was Taylor's first full year as a starter. EJ Manuel is no better at this point.
NFC West - Think Kaep is done in SF. Rams, don't think Foles is the solution there.
NFC South - Only change is if Brees opts to leave. Would then become Garrett Grayson's team
NFC North - Cutler/Stafford, are inconsistent, but what other options are there?
NFC East - Manning/Romo are safe. Bradford, likely remains an Eagle. Washington has made their bed with Cousins.

Brees has a massive cap hit next season, but can restructure his contract. Depends if both sides want to continue.

Can McCarron steal the job from Dalton? This is his opportunity. Treat it like Alabama. Get the ball to your play makers and don't turn it over and trust your defence.

The only other option I see, is RGIII. A reclamation project. Does an organization believe that they can help turn him into a Wilson/Newton? Same set of skills, but his pocket awareness isn't at their level.

No stud QB coming out of the draft. Too much spread offense in college football.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Then its on NFL coaches to coach up these QB's. Pro teams are using more and more spread and air raid concepts that the transition isn't that big if the guy is talented. NFL teams are using these concepts because d-lines are so good you can't afford to sit in the pocket and an emphasis on match ups and spacing.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Saying EJ Manuel is no better than Tyrod Taylor is an insult to Taylor because it implies he sucks.

Taylor: 18 TD's/5 INT's, 2439 yards. 100.9 QB rating. (371 yards rushing, 3 TD's)

That's really good for a guy coming off the bench into the starting role the first time. Buffalo would be fools to try and go with somebody else. Especially considering he was hobbled with injury in a couple. He can burn you with your legs, has a surprisingly good deep ball and can actually read a defense.

If the Bills got that from their QB's last year, they probably make the playoffs.

As for Houston, i don't think it would be bad if they looked at McCown assuming Cleveland lets him go. They played themselves out of a high pick and they need something at QB. Hoyer and the other garbage they have isn't cutting it.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Cam is the best QB in the NFL, but he might not be the best football player on his team, Kuechly is that good, someone on NFL network (LaMarr I think) said he plays like Jack Ham (for those not familiar with him, he played in Lambert's shadow, but in reality was a better LB than Jack was for the Steelers back inn the day) when it comes to playing the pass, that's about the biggest compliment you can get as a LB.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Hoyer is in the top half of QB ratings and has a 3-1 TD to INT ratio. He's not great, but he's not the major problem down there.

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis has Big Kahunas
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
Cam is an unique QB from a size point of view. That's the reason he made it and RG3 fell to pieces. Watching him jog laps around the field at 11am, no pads, he's a huge man. He has to be 260.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Where does everyone put Bortles on the QB list? He's 3rd in TD's, 6th in yards...but he's also tied for 3rd in picks and is below 60%. But Jacksonville throws the ball downfield more than most teams, they take more risks, he is 2nd in average distance of pass attempts behind Palmer.

....if you were starting a team today for the next 5 years....where would you put Bortles? I am not sure I would take more than 5 or 6 guys for SURE ahead of him.

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis has Big Kahunas
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
johnnytablet.0.gif

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Good win for the Pats last night. Defense looked really good. McCourty injury is apparently only minor, which is good.

Sep 19, 2008
Atlanta looks terrible and has lost like six straight. Quinn reminds me of Jim Zorn. Zorn started off fantastic but couldn't won anything in his second half. And his second year was pure disaster. I thought Atlanta was fixed. What gives.

Whoa they let sbnation post gifs again without dumb subtitles. Somehow this gif violates copyright law!!!

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
AJ McCarron will try to be the first QB from Alabama to win a game as a starter since Jeff Rutledge.....in 1988. 27 years since a 'Bama QB has won an NFL game.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Where does everyone put Bortles on the QB list? He's 3rd in TD's, 6th in yards...but he's also tied for 3rd in picks and is below 60%. But Jacksonville throws the ball downfield more than most teams, they take more risks, he is 2nd in average distance of pass attempts behind Palmer.

....if you were starting a team today for the next 5 years....where would you put Bortles? I am not sure I would take more than 5 or 6 guys for SURE ahead of him.

I think he might develop into a good one, as he gets older he will make better reads and improve his accuracy, also the young talent at skill positions in Jacksonville is pretty damn good, hopefully they keep tracking in the right direction.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Good win for the Pats last night. Defense looked really good. McCourty injury is apparently only minor, which is good.

Sprained ankle, could have been a lot worse since I was thinking Achilles with the way it was non-contact on Houstons garbage turf

On a side note it is borderline inhumane to let people play there. Time in and time out it is consistently the worst quality. Way worse than even the Rogers Centre which had players get **** in their eye popping off the turf

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Supposedly Cam is fined 5k every time he gives a ball to a kid, he's paid over 250k in fines.

God I hope that's not true

Worth it for the brand building on Cam's part, but still. The NFL is fascinating- they almost go out of their way to alienate the players and the fans yet the product is still as strong as ever.

Gonna collapse like a house of cards on them eventually. Could be in 10 years, could be in 20. But it will 100% be Roger's fault.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad