NCAA GDT: Week 14

Eco

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2013
QC
I'm not sure I agree there. Not all losses are equal. You can't tell me losing to a top 10 team is the same as losing at home to an unranked team. The only reason Michigan State won the East is because of that punt. They could have beat Ohio State and still not represented the East.

Ohio State's schedule was very weak.

Ohio State never played up to their talent until they beat an overachieving Michigan team.

UNC has one loss, and it's early in the season against a terrible South Carolina team, BUT if they win, they will be the ACC Champions, having just beat an Undefeated #1 ranked team. They have to be in after that.

Eco

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2013
QC
The only reason Michigan State won the East is because of that punt. .

A bit of karma after they unfairly lost that game to Nebraska on a phantom call that the head of refs even admitted that it should have never been called.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
Ohio State's schedule was very weak.

Ohio State never played up to their talent until they beat an overachieving Michigan team.

UNC has one loss, and it's early in the season against a terrible South Carolina team, BUT if they win, they will be the ACC Champions, having just beat an Undefeated #1 ranked team. They have to be in after that.

Michigan State also had a weak schedule. So did Iowa. So did Clemson. So did UNC. No they don't. Clemson doesn't feel like a true #1. I hate them but Bama feels more like #1.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
A bit of karma after they unfairly lost that game to Nebraska on a phantom call that the head of refs even admitted that it should have never been called.

They were outplayed that whole game though. Stupid Michigan. Nebraska probably still could have got that TD. They only needed 30 some yards I believe and would have still had 30 seconds.

Eco

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2013
QC
Michigan State also had a weak schedule. So did Iowa. So did Clemson. So did UNC.

Difference is the committee is making the Conference Championship important, and these teams are in their respective CC.

No they don't. Clemson doesn't feel like a true #1. I hate them but Bama feels more like #1.

Doesn't matter what it feels like, but Clemson has looked good outside of the USC game, but they haven't lost and have a solid defense and a play maker at QB.

I think if Bama plays up to their potential, they won't lose to anyone, but if we do what we did at Ole Miss (5 Turnovers), then it's fair game. The key to beating Bama is to us throw it, and somehow control the line of scrimmage. Definitely has looked easier said than done.

Eco

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2013
QC
They were outplayed that whole game though. Stupid Michigan. Nebraska probably still could have got that TD. They only needed 30 some yards I believe and would have still had 30 seconds.

I agree. But OSU was outplayed vs Indiana I thought and barely scrapped a win. We were outplayed versus Tennessean but got the W.

Every team gets outplayed by an 'inferior' opponent. However, the refs did blow it in the Nebraska game, and I'm glad for MSU that it didn't ruin their season.

I do hope Iowa wins today.

Eco

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2013
QC
Texas gets a turnover and has the ball in the red zone already up by a dime.

Eco

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2013
QC
#95 just really screwed his team.

Swoops scores a TD and are about to make it 17-0

Hockeyfan02

Oct 10, 2002
Pistivity
Visit site
right now UNC's best win is @ Virginia Tech. Granted it was Beamer's last home game, its still VT. They have a weak schedule. I think even if they beat Clemson to win the ACC Title, Ohio State deserves to be in there.

If Clemson loses they'd still have a better resume than Ohio St and should stay ahead of them. I said it earlier this week(may have been this thread) but it looks like their only shot is USC and UF winning.

Hockeyfan02

Oct 10, 2002
Pistivity
Visit site
Heading to the Georgia Dome now, hoping for a Gator win but certainly not expecting it. It should be a good atmosphere down there like usual. Just feels right that it's Bama/UF again even if UF isn't quite back yet.

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
Its true. Stidham or Russell would be tearing up the Longhorns but instead they have a guy who has flip flopped from QB to WR back to QB. Props to Texas for taking advantage.

We are still probably gonna lose this game but if we don't lose. Most impressive 5 win team in the country!!

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
I'm just hoping Charlie is able to get a proper OC. I could see us getting 8 wins next year if he does but the fact we are probably starting a freshman again at QB will be tough

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad