NCAA GDT: Week 14

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
I don't see how Ohio state would jump MSU. MSU beat them. Im pretty sure they go to the rose bowl.. again.

Iowa would get jumped by OSU and rightfully so

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
I would expect a one loss OSU to hop a two loss MSU, even though MSU beat them. Fair? Nope. But that's how it usually goes in the rankings.

USC Trojans

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
May 17, 2002
LA Oiler fan
USC entering the game with a lot of emotion. Despite everything that has happened this season, we managed to make it to the conference championship game and a chance to avenge the loss to Stanford. Plus, the players are riding high after Helton is named full time coach. It'll be tough, but I think we have a chance to win this one.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
I just got a facebook update saying Lincoln Riley was interviewing today for that job?

I saw a couple places that they were working out the details, but I also saw that its down to Riley and Muschamp.

Twitter has pretty much ruined sports lol...everyone trying to be an insider....

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
well, that solves the post of mine...they're still interviewing

Bruce Feldman ‏@BruceFeldmanCFB
#Arizona coach Rich Rodriguez is set to meet with #SouthCarolina, source told @FoxSports

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
There's a pretty big difference in those choices. I think Rich Rod could win a lot of games at South Carolina, but not get them to where they think they deserve to be. Nobody can do that though.

Why do you say deserve? I mean its not like its a former elite program. Didn't Spurrier take them to new heights compared to where they had ever been?

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Why do you say deserve? I mean its not like its a former elite program. Didn't Spurrier take them to new heights compared to where they had ever been?

South Carolina thinks they deserve to be in the SEC Title Game every year just like most of the other teams in that conference. I could see Rich Rod winning 8-9 games a year there, maybe getting to one of those.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
i am going to make this my cover photo on facebook on saturday in order to give unc good luck against clemson

o-PAPER-facebook.jpg

Eco

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2013
Beaupré, Quebec
Funny but a fair point. The SEC East is soft except for when Florida and Georgia are good. That's what you get when your division has some basketball schools.

Tennessee is also a really good program, just in a giant slump since letting Fulmer go. I fear the same is going to happen to UGA.

In terms of 'deserve', UGA is the worst with what they think they deserve. Firing a coach when he was winning 9-10 game a year for a school that has 1 National Championship (they claim another in the '40 but meh) and 1 Heisman, neither of which makes a school elite.

Hockeyfan02

Oct 10, 2002
Pistivity
Visit site
Tennessee has the talent to be really good again, just not sold on Butch Jones at all. He's recruited well but his in game management in close games leaves a lot to be desired.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
South Carolina was 17th in producing 3-5* recruits over the last 5 years. That ranks them 8th of the 11 SEC home states behind Texas, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Alabama, Tennessee, and Mississippi. Ahead of only Missouri, Arkansas, and Kentucky. Yeah, there are lots of other factors involved and schools recruit heavily out of state, but the majority of other SEC schools are starting with a better pool of local talent to build a foundation on.

Which illustrates an interesting thing with New Jersey. 12th overall in producing upper tier college players (ahead of states like Michigan and Tennessee), very few of them stay in state. Rutgers is the only FBS school in the state. Once they qualify for the full share of B1G revenue there's the potential in future years to build a strong football program there just by recruiting locally.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
South Carolina was 17th in producing 3-5* recruits over the last 5 years. That ranks them 8th of the 11 SEC home states behind Texas, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Alabama, Tennessee, and Mississippi. Ahead of only Missouri, Arkansas, and Kentucky. Yeah, there are lots of other factors involved and schools recruit heavily out of state, but the majority of other SEC schools are starting with a better pool of local talent to build a foundation on.

Which illustrates an interesting thing with New Jersey. 12th overall in producing upper tier college players (ahead of states like Michigan and Tennessee), very few of them stay in state. Rutgers is the only FBS school in the state. Once they qualify for the full share of B1G revenue there's the potential in future years to build a strong football program there just by recruiting locally.

You mind letting me know where you pulled those numbers from? Stuff like that fascinates me and I'd like to look at them :)

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $365.00