Pre-Game Talk: Week 14: BOS, VGS, TOR. No easy games this week. Let the frustration and anger flow!

what do you feel is our biggest need is right now?

• Total voters

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
It's pretty clear that Georgiev has anger issues. We knew that before he came here.

Man imagine if Roy was the coach. They'd probably fight.
Good. Roy would put him in his bitch place.

If you aren't the Alpha dog, don't act like the Alpha dog. The only play on the team that has the right to act like an Alpha is named Nathan MacKinnon, although Valerie Nichushkin is making a case to be anointed as well. Meanwhile Cale Makar is thankful his dumb ass was given emeritus status after claiming the perfect trifecta by winning the Stanley Cup, Conn Smythe and James Norris Memorial Trophies in 2022.

• Haha
Reactions: niwotsblessing

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Good. Roy would put him in his bitch place.

If you aren't the Alpha dog, don't act like the Alpha dog. The only play on the team that has the right to act like an Alpha is named Nathan MacKinnon, although Valerie Nichushkin is making a case to be anointed as well. Meanwhile Cale Makar is thankful his dumb ass was given emeritus status after claiming the perfect trifecta by winning the Stanley Cup, Conn Smythe and James Norris Memorial Trophies in 2022.
You're saying, as you put it, "Valerie" is an alpha and not a bitch?

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011

GDgX3LPXgAAbcL-.png

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
2-0 this week so far with TOR left to play. We are now sure to get out of this week with at least 4 pts. That is a big win in my book. Getting at least 1 pt against TOR would be icing on the cake.

Now 4-1 in our toughest stretch of the season. The Avs are showing that they are to be taken seriously. It was nice to hear Hank talk about the Avs last night during the 2nd intermission. IMO the other contenders are very scared of what the Avs will do until the TDL as far as trades are going. IMO they will do everything they can to stop them from getting a legit 2C. WIN especially IMO will be the team to beat. VAN is getting scary because they also have the goaltending just like WIN. It will be interesting to see what those two teams will add prior to the TDL.

Anybody that were saying the players had stopped listening to Bednar are out to lunch. I never felt it was the case. The guys are buying in. IMO it just took a little longer than expected for the new guys to feel comfortable with the system. Not getting proper goaltending was making it look a lot worst than it was.

Now that I said all of this I hope they are not gonna go on a losing streak.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
2-0 this week so far with TOR left to play. We are now sure to get out of this week with at least 4 pts. That is a big win in my book. Getting at least 1 pt against TOR would be icing on the cake.

Now 4-1 in our toughest stretch of the season. The Avs are showing that they are to be taken seriously. It was nice to hear Hank talk about the Avs last night during the 2nd intermission. IMO the other contenders are very scared of what the Avs will do until the TDL as far as trades are going. IMO they will do everything they can to stop them from getting a legit 2C. WIN especially IMO will be the team to beat. VAN is getting scary because they also have the goaltending just like WIN. It will be interesting to see what those two teams will add prior to the TDL.

Anybody that were saying the players had stopped listening to Bednar are out to lunch. I never felt it was the case. The guys are buying in. IMO it just took a little longer than expected for the new guys to feel comfortable with the system. Not getting proper goaltending was making it look a lot worst than it was.

While missing their entire 2nd pair in Byram and Manson (Bednar's words), Lehky, Wood, Landy, a 2C, and potentially Kovalenko.

Nobody should doubt that if this team is healthy, or even mostly healthy, and playing the way they're capable of, including in goal, they can beat anybody.

SirLoinOfCloth

Apr 22, 2019
Colorado
While missing their entire 2nd pair in Byram and Manson (Bednar's words), Lehky, Wood, Landy, a 2C, and potentially Kovalenko.

Nobody should doubt that if this team is healthy, or even mostly healthy, and playing the way they're capable of, including in goal, they can beat anybody.
Nope. CMac f***ed up and this team is going to get rolled by any good teams. First round exit incoming.

• Haha

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
Now 4-1 in our toughest stretch of the season. The Avs are showing that they are to be taken seriously.

This is crazy talk. The Avs have been the betting favorite to win the title since Day one. Guess who is the betting favorite to win the Cup right now? Yep, those guys who need to be taken seriously.

They will be more losing streaks and more posters pissed the hell off that CMac didn't trade for their dream target at the TDL. There will be more games where everyone will be convinced AG couldn't be a winning goalie in the KHL or AHL. And yet, teams will take the Avs seriously because outside of this echo chamber of woe the Avs are the team everyone fears.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I think Roy would love Georgiev's fiery competitiveness. Outside the Malinski incident. Man after his own heart.

Bedsy isn't as big a fan of that style, because he wants his players even keel between whistles and after games, and not wasting energy. And that may be the better approach, but that's not Roy's approach.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad