NCAA GDT: Week 13: Rivalry Week

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
USF is good. For all the heehawing about UCF being disrespected..San Diego State and USF and Fresno State are even moreso.

PanthersPens62

Coach Nerd
Mar 7, 2009
Mike's Wheel Barrell
At least Pat White got hurt.

Was just waiting for the bubble to pop for Miami. They were undefeated so they were deservedly ranked high, but they never had the look or feel of a playoff team.
Yeah, they were living on the edge quite a bit, and the eye test for me really did not see them as the #2 team either. But in the grand scheme of things, I am pleased with where they are. My hope was for them to take that 1st step & win the Coastal, which they did. No one expected a championship run this season. It's just incredibly frustrating that they completely laid an egg against a team they should have beaten with ease.

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
I will say that the AAC is a fun conference. Its too bad they could be losing two or three more coaches this year.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Going to Michigan State-Rutgers as I got a $25 ticket. My friend who works for Rutgers says they've only sold-distributed about 20k tickets. Suprised the Sparty fans haven't bought more of them (the Rutgers fans sure as hell won't).

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
Bret Bielema fired. Arkansas is a tough gig unless you have built in ties to Texas and the Gulf Coast. His downfall was he never built a rapport with Texas high school coaches. He wasn't well liked in that state.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Going to Michigan State-Rutgers as I got a $25 ticket. My friend who works for Rutgers says they've only sold-distributed about 20k tickets. Suprised the Sparty fans haven't bought more of them (the Rutgers fans sure as hell won't).
If you were from Michigan, would you bother making a trip to Piscataway, New Jersey on Thanksgiving weekend?

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Bret Bielema fired. Arkansas is a tough gig unless you have built in ties to Texas and the Gulf Coast. His downfall was he never built a rapport with Texas high school coaches. He wasn't well liked in that state.

He has an attractive wife to go home every day though so he's got that.

I agree though about Arkansas re coaching there. The Natural State doesn't seem to have a lot of "Natural" talent for lack of a better term.

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
Nope Arkansas doesn't have much talent to mine. Texas and Louisiana and Mississippi/Memphis do but a lot of competition.

Duke33

Oct 9, 2009
Houston, TX
I thought that spread was quite attractive for Pitt, personally. I laid them at +13.5. Miami has been living dangerously against weak teams all season, and for whatever reason, ranked teams are much more vulnerable on non-Saturday games.

Question now, is the ACC CG still win-and-you're in?

It has to be the end of Miss St. as a ranked team, doesn't it? One of the most inexplicable rankings I've ever seen.

I'd agree. Miami looked pretty unimpressive in their early wins, then they peaked with two high impact, nighttime home games vs. VT and ND. If they're anywhere close to a real #2 team you don't lose to a 4-7 squad and look bad doing it.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
If you were from Michigan, would you bother making a trip to Piscataway, New Jersey on Thanksgiving weekend?
The draw of playing Rutgers isn't visiting Piscataway, it's about an hour north. Why do you think Rutgers is in the Big 10 in the first place? Also there are a lot of alumni in the area and I'm suprised they all aren't taking their one chance to see their school.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad