NFL GDT: Week 11

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
I think moving the BUF-DET Thanksgiving day to Black Friday if necessary would have been a better solution. You get two more days to react to the storm, with the capability to move it to the 4 PM window on Sunday, and if it absolutely has to be moved to Monday, have the Bills-Lions play on Friday or Friday night.

Chances are you're going to play the games on the days they're scheduled on, but if not you maintain competitive balance by not taking away a home game and changing venues, and you're still going to have a ton of eyeballs on you. (Although bad luck that the US soccer game is 2 PM Friday, I guess. So make it another night game.)

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
So essentially 7 home games and 10 road games this year with Cleveland short driving distance away and Buffalonians likely to be unable to get out of the city. Yay.

This has been the season from hell in terms of things Buffalo can't control

Ford Field is one of the 6 stadiums the NFLPA called on to get rid of the style of turf they use - stating both the NFL and NFLPA agrees it causes more injuries: NFLPA calls on 6 venues, including Ford Field, to improve playing surfaces and now the Bills get to play there twice in 4 days. Just praying they get out relatively healthy but the way the year has gone they'll lose another couple of contributors.

Incidentally, New Orleans (one of the other 6) is where Tre White originally got hurt on a non-contact play.
I grew up in Ohio. Cleveland to Detroit is 160 miles. It is 110 from Cleveland to Toledo, then about 50 miles north on I-75 to Motown. If the Bills drove, they would probably go through Canada. It is shorter that way!

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
I was wondering which city Cleveland could fly to to get as close to Buffalo as possible to avoid the snowfall. But it would still be a tough and dangerous trek to get there if there’s that much snow on the ground and they were to bus the rest of the way.

Those are the most pressing 6 stadiums to deal with. I remember that Alabama lost 2 WR on nfl turf stadiums. Mechie in Atl and Williamson in Indy.
Cleveland to Buffalo is a 30 to 35 minute flight or a 3 hour drive (without snow).

Why fly to Erie? It would be nonsense.

Titans @ Packers tonight. Should be a good TNF game!!!

Watch it be 9-7 late 4th Q. :laugh:
Green Bay finally found their offense last week. I don't expect another 31 points tonight. That was a 1 time thing.

The Packers are going to blend in with a snow storm in those all white uniforms!

SwordsgoneWild

WhenyougazeintotheabysstheBuffaloSabresgazeback
Mar 6, 2011
Lake Worth,Fl
I absolutely despise the 2nd and long run call.

Tannehill throws for a 1st but GB challenging the spot. I think it's too close to overturn. Need to see some more replays.

Overturned

SwordsgoneWild

WhenyougazeintotheabysstheBuffaloSabresgazeback
Mar 6, 2011
Lake Worth,Fl
Gotta keep them shoes tied Henry

How the hell did Vrabel sack Rodgers 2 times in the early 2000s ,Al? Dude wasn't drafted til 05 and didn't start til the late 2000s.

Last edited:

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Yeah i noticed that as well when we played them a couple weeks back . Poor Jones. Dude is a stud and is being wasted.
The coach is saving him for the cold weather and a possible playoff run.

The Packers sit in 9th place in the NFC. There are 7 playoff spots.

That 2 point loss to Washington really hurts at the moment.

Reactions: SwordsgoneWild

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad