NCAA GDT: Week 11: Gameday goes to Seattle

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
If the winner of the Pac-10 Championship game has 2 losses, Penn St wins the Big 10 with 2 losses and Oklahoma wins the Big 12 with 2 losses...why not?

Penn state would have 2 quality wins

One win is against Ohio state. Who Oklahoma lost 2

PAC 12 champion is an actual champion. Big 12 doesn't have one

And again. Wvu is likely the "champion". But let's continue after next week. Oh yeah and louisville

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I go to a flyers gane on a Saturday for once and return to complete chaos. If Alabama were to lose for some reason, they would not move from #1. 2 weeks ago some had a hard time believing the top 4 would change, they'd need something wild and heroic to usurp them. That's simply not how college football works.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
I would say Oklahoma would have no shot but they have two ranked teams left on their schedule. If they beat West Virginia and win Bedlam, they have a shot depending on other scenarios.

Getting blown out at home by Ohio State is less than ideal to have on the resumé though and the loss to Houston doesn't look as acceptable as it did earlier this year either.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Georgia is now 8-2 in the last ten years against Auburn. Auburn had Cam for one of those wins, and got a prayer in the 2nd.

Rocko604

Sports will break your heart.
Apr 29, 2009
Vancouver, BC
1. Alabama
2. Louisville
3. Ohio State
4. Washington - At least they lost to a ranked team and I don't see a 2-loss team that should be ahead of them. Penn State still lost to Pitt. Don't care if they knocked off Clemson today, they're still 6-4. Rabble, rabble, rabble!!

At this point though, forget the playoff. UW needs to focus on beating ASU and Wazzu in dominating fashion and then obliterate Colorado in the title game.

Now excuse me while I go drink profusely.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
What happened?

1 - Well first of all, it was 21-21 with four minutes left and 4th and goal from the 1.. and they went for it instead of kicking a FG.

2 - Other team kicks a FG and goes ahead 24-21. But they get the ball back and are driving, almost within FG range, and they burn their last timeout with 16 seconds left for no apparent reason. Maybe wrong personnel on the field, but idk?

3 - So it ends up being 1st and 25 because of an offensive pass interference (terrible call, by the way) ... the QB scrambles and slides in the middle of the field, but there is enough time to spike it... but instead, they run the FG unit on the field in a rush and don't get the kick off in time.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Clemson has a better chance
Bama is in. Or any sec team let's be real
Big ten team is likely in
Western Michigan with more chaos is a possibility or even now. Let's see the ranking
Louisville or two big ten/sec teams

Washington might have to face USC again

ACC: Clemson & Louisville are still alive
Big 12: West Virginia is still alive but needs help even if they win out, everyone else is likely out
Big 10: Michigan-OSU winner likely gets in, but conference will only get one now
SEC: lol like Bama's getting shut out
Pac 12: Washington has to win out to get back in the mix

I fully expect WVU to make a big jump this week of at least 3 spots if not 4 or 5 on to the cusp of the top 10. Still a lot of work to do though. Have to beat OU (though that's in Morgantown) and hope Okie State loses, though both are games they could easily drop (@TCU, @OU).

Sep 19, 2008
Well, one of the most disappointing efforts I've seen of recent time, especially at home.

Going into the game, Justin Thomas was out so there was every reason to believe it would be a win. Unfortunately, him being out couldn't end the winless streak I have when I watch the games in Virginia bars. 0-2 against ECU, 0-1 against Miami, 0-1 against Tennessee and 0-1 against GT when I watch in bars in the State of Virginia. I thought it was just a coincidence but it's a scary reality.

There were just too many turnovers. The fumble at the start was a bad omen. They never really got going. They fell behind 20-0 and then tried to cut into that lead. They had another opportunity after that TD and a big stop, but then Evans gets picked off again and then that was the end of that. And when they vaguely had another shot in the 4th, there was a fumble, and that's when I said screw it and left the bar. One of the most subpar offensive efforts I've seen. Like the Tennessee game, if they limit their turnovers they might have had a shot.

The good news: This team lost against Tennessee. They won 3 in a row after that. They proceeded to lose to Syracuse. Then they also won 3 in a row. So this team seems to respond well the next week. ND is a good team. But they are beatable. We still have the tiebreaker. Win next week.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
ACC: Clemson & Louisville are still alive
Big 12: West Virginia is still alive but needs help even if they win out, everyone else is likely out
Big 10: Michigan-OSU winner likely gets in, but conference will only get one now
SEC: lol like Bama's getting shut out
Pac 12: Washington has to win out to get back in the mix

I fully expect WVU to make a big jump this week of at least 3 spots if not 4 or 5 on to the cusp of the top 10. Still a lot of work to do though. Have to beat OU (though that's in Morgantown) and hope Okie State loses, though both are games they could easily drop (@TCU, @OU).

I think I said this earlier, but right now Alabama could lose a game and they'd still be #1. They're undefeated now, who is to say they aren't the best 1-loss team either

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Well, one of the most disappointing efforts I've seen of recent time, especially at home.

Going into the game, Justin Thomas was out so there was every reason to believe it would be a win. Unfortunately, him being out couldn't end the winless streak I have when I watch the games in Virginia bars. 0-2 against ECU, 0-1 against Miami, 0-1 against Tennessee and 0-1 against GT when I watch in bars in the State of Virginia. I thought it was just a coincidence but it's a scary reality.

There were just too many turnovers. The fumble at the start was a bad omen. They never really got going. They fell behind 20-0 and then tried to cut into that lead. They had another opportunity after that TD and a big stop, but then Evans gets picked off again and then that was the end of that. And when they vaguely had another shot in the 4th, there was a fumble, and that's when I said screw it and left the bar. One of the most subpar offensive efforts I've seen. Like the Tennessee game, if they limit their turnovers they might have had a shot.

The good news: This team lost against Tennessee. They won 3 in a row after that. They proceeded to lose to Syracuse. Then they also won 3 in a row. So this team seems to respond well the next week. ND is a good team. But they are beatable. We still have the tiebreaker. Win next week.

Regardless of what happens the rest of this season, unless they completely fall apart, they've done a good job of getting things back on track

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB

stop pretending like you like the hokies

we can all see right thru you

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
When exactly is Gameday ever going to Western Michigan again?

Good for them.

Good point here. And to answer your question, probably never. Gameday will go to Morgantown again.

Great season for Western Michigan. I know very little about them. I've always been under the impression that Central Michigan is more or less the 3rd best team in that state. They show up on ACC schedules every now and then and I know Syracuse has gone there recently.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad