NFL GDT: Week 10

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
One of the craziest games I've seen in a long time

Seahawks shoulda/coulda put this game away several times but kept screwing up

They were lucky to get the ball back late in OT and finally made it count

What a game!
Definitely were. Had 3 possessions in a 10 minute OT. Crazy. A defensive battle with a D score for both sides.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
There is some truth to Seattle being lucky. They are +21 point differential and 8-2. That is nearly unheard of. In the past with their great teams they were much higher.

Other than the Arizona game, their other 7 wins have been by 7 or fewer points!

Last edited:

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
True but his receivers also missed some easy catches that could have resulted in more points. They make those catches and he passes for over 300 yards. One of his picks was a pass that went right through the the receivers hands. And Seahawks turned that into 7 points. If he makes that catch the ball is inside the Seahawks 30. Another easy drop on 3rd down would have given the Niners a 1st down around the Seahawks 15. Instead they settled for a FG. And they had another one Samuel dropped that would have given the Niners a 1st down inside Seahawks territory.

And the Seahawks don’t have injuries? Dissly isn’t a key cog to the offense? Lockett was hurt too when they needed him most.

Russ got it done. Jimmy didn’t.

Reactions: darko

JeremyTB

Mar 16, 2007
And the Seahawks don’t have injuries? Dissly isn’t a key cog to the offense? Lockett was hurt too when they needed him most.

Russ got it done. Jimmy didn’t.

Not his fault the kicker missed a game winning field goal. Or it would be Vice Versa. If he hits that FG, Wilson comes off as the goat for that horrible INT he threw.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Not his fault the kicker missed a game winning field goal. Or it would be Vice Versa. If he hits that FG, Wilson comes off as the goat for that horrible INT he threw.

seems like everything evened out, considering Jimmy should’ve had at least 3 throws picked off and the game not even reach OT.

Injuries aren’t an excuse, it’s part of sports. When the Hawks also have injuries, it can’t be the hill you die on.

JeremyTB

Mar 16, 2007
I said this last night and I still feel the same way that the Niners should have just taken the tie. Got the ball back with 1:50 remaining in OT and the Seahawks with no timeouts. The 1st two plays should have been running plays and then see where they are at on the field. Niners should have put themselves in a position where they either win the game or ends in a tie. A tie would have been like a loss for Seattle considering the standings. Niners would have still had a 2 game lead on Seattle, NO, and Green Bay and still be undefeated.

Reactions: kingsholygrail

kingsholygrail

Slewfoots Everywhere
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
I said this last night and I still feel the same way that the Niners should have just taken the tie. Got the ball back with 1:50 remaining in OT and the Seahawks with no timeouts. The 1st two plays should have been running plays and then see where they are at on the field. Niners should have put themselves in a position where they either win the game or ends in a tie. A tie would have been like a loss for Seattle considering the standings. Niners would have still had a 2 game lead on Seattle, NO, and Green Bay and still be undefeated.

I think Shanny just really wanted to get it done and didn't fully consider his position at that time in OT. The ball never should have gone back to Seattle with that much time unless there was a turnover, you know? But hopefully they get something out of the loss. They were able to stand toe to toe with their rival without namely their MVP offensive player. When Kittle was announced to be out, I expected a blowout and it nearly was, but they showed a lot of resilience. I hope they take that from the game and come back next week on fire.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
And Jimmy should’ve never made it to OT. All worked out how it should have.
I guess if you ignore all the other things that could have happened before ot both ways. I thought both qb's played well at times, and made bonehead mistakes at times. If Chase makes that kick instead of missing it, the narrative changes to Russ' 4th quarter fumble and his ot int.

Both teams played hard, both teams made mistakes at the qb position, and each team had a kick to win the game. Seattle made theirs and SF didn't. That was the most significant difference in this game, imo.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $8,351.00