NFL GDT: Week 10

Sep 19, 2008
The Raiders are getting impressive contributions from their rookie class, with a franchise-record four TDs in last week's win over Detroit. Running back Josh Jacobs is leading the way with 740 yards rushing and six TDs, while tight end Foster Moreau has added three TD catches and receiver Hunter Renfrow has two. The 11 TDs from rookies are five more than the next highest team, Washington, and tied for the most through eight games since the Rams had 16 in 1983.

Sep 19, 2008
Like most coaches and players, Gruden is not a fan of Thursday night games with only three days of preparation. That's even more the case when the Raiders are dealing with injuries on the offensive line that leave questions about who will even be available. Right tackle Trent Brown left the previous game with a knee injury in the first quarter and his status is unknown. Center Rodney Hudson missed last week's game with a sprained ankle that might not be healed in time for him to play against the Chargers.
''It's hard to prepare for them when you don't really know who's on your team,'' Gruden said. ''We've had so many changes it's tough to do that. I hate this. I don't believe in this Thursday football. I'm not going to be on my soap box any more than that. It hurts both teams, obviously the preparation. We take a lot of pride in getting our guys ready to play. We need a little time to do that, but a lot of people disagree with me obviously, so it'll be a challenge.''

Kel Varnson

Oct 31, 2017
A loss for either team puts a big dash on whatever playoff hopes they have. Should be a decent game but it is a Thursday so you never know

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Chargers/Raiders games are always fun. Each team's playoff aspirations could be on the line here so should be a good game.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Gruden and Mayock finally have this team heading in the right direction. Unlike the last playoff team this one is young and only getting better.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad