NFL GDT: Week 10

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Thought that Steelers/Panthers game was going to be a better game, maybe even a potential Super Bowl preview. Looks like everyone was aware of that except the Panthers. Good win for the Steelers, they could be a team to watch as usual in January.

PanthersPens62

Coach Nerd
Mar 7, 2009
Mike's Wheel Barrell
Thought that Steelers/Panthers game was going to be a better game, maybe even a potential Super Bowl preview. Looks like everyone was aware of that except the Panthers. Good win for the Steelers, they could be a team to watch as usual in January.
I want to "watch them finally get over that yearly Patriots hump" before getting overly excited about them. Good as they are playing right now they have a tough schedule with games left against the Pats, Chargers, Saints as well as a rematch with the Jags who always give them a fit & west coast games against Denver & Oakland, who bad as they may be, are capable of stunning the Steelers as the Bears did last year. Avoid the annual stinker, take care of a weakened Jags team, and finally beat the Pats & I will be a happy camper & encouraged for a Super Bowl run.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
The Steelers main asset right now is that they're essentially completely healthy.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
It sounds like Lamar Jackson might be making his first career start this week.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
A lot of "smart" coaches still keep their key starters in regardless of the score.
It's kind of like, guys don't want to look like they're quitting, and I'm sure Cam is sensitive to that after he was raked over the coals after the Super Bowl.

And if you're winning, that's like really fun and guys don't want to come out.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
It sounds like Lamar Jackson might be making his first career start this week.

Might be end for Flacco in Baltimore if the speculation he will need surgery are true

3-6 with playoff hopes fading and Flacco with injury. Might be time to turn over the keys to kid and start preparing for post Flacco future

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Next week.

Yeah, next week. I didn't realize they were on a bye.

Might be end for Flacco in Baltimore if the speculation he will need surgery are true

3-6 with playoff hopes fading and Flacco with injury. Might be time to turn over the keys to kid and start preparing for post Flacco future

Unless Lamar shows he isn't close to being ready, it probably should be it for Flacco. You're not going anywhere with him even if he doesn't need surgery.

PanthersPens62

Coach Nerd
Mar 7, 2009
Mike's Wheel Barrell
Matt Barkley gets the start for the Bills tomorrow. The positive? Anyone with a pulse has to be better than the Nathan Peterman Experience. I still think a Jets team with McCown starting should do enough to win what promises to be an ugly game.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
I want to "watch them finally get over that yearly Patriots hump" before getting overly excited about them. Good as they are playing right now they have a tough schedule with games left against the Pats, Chargers, Saints as well as a rematch with the Jags who always give them a fit & west coast games against Denver & Oakland, who bad as they may be, are capable of stunning the Steelers as the Bears did last year. Avoid the annual stinker, take care of a weakened Jags team, and finally beat the Pats & I will be a happy camper & encouraged for a Super Bowl run.

That's the entire AFC in a nutshell- the Patriots are the final boss.

However.... it should be noted that the Steelers never beat New England in the 6 years Todd Haley was offensive coordinator and their last win was 2011, when- like this year- they have a different OC.

New England is potent, but they aren't untouchable. Brady is 41 and you never know when he might finally play like his age.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Bears/Lions should be good game and a 5-3 vs 3-5 division opponent at this time of year certainly is intriguing

Do Bears put foot down on Lions neck and diminish playoff hopes or do Lions take out Bears and get right back into mix for NFC North

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
These kinds of postponements being possible, especially in California, is another reason why there should be two bye weeks instead of one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad