Patriots/NFL Week 10: Pats 8-1 have a week off

Status
Not open for further replies.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
And I saw they signed Koo.

There really are some below average to poor kickers in the league.

Patriots have been pretty fortunate to have had two of the best over the course of their run.

The kicking game used to feel so automatic in this league. I think a lot of the woes across the board are in part to moving the PAT back, which Belichick spearheaded.
I find it hard to believe it's all on kickers just being worse than they used to. And I'm sure the stats don't back that up anyway, they're probably more efficient and we just don't realize it. But I really think it might have something to do with special teams blocking schemes. Earl Thomas revolutionized ST play with jumping the line, and kickers now have to get the kicks off quicker, which effects accuracy.

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
I thought Nugent was fine, but they refused to even try a FG longer than 40, so he really wasn't fine.

A 1000x this. There's going to come a time where you're going to need to kick a 40+ yard field goal, and if you're not comfortable letting your current one kick it, even in blowout, then you need to replace them.

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
To be honest I’m scared shitless of Bryant. With all the late games the Pats have had, I’ve been watching more Red Zone than usual and he looks like he has completely lost his confidence kicking the ball and that’s the worst thing for a kicker. Although maybe kicking for the Pats fixes that?

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
To be honest I’m scared ****less of Bryant. With all the late games the Pats have had, I’ve been watching more Red Zone than usual and he looks like he has completely lost his confidence kicking the ball and that’s the worst thing for a kicker. Although maybe kicking for the Pats fixes that?

Most of his misses have been 50+, i doubt he’d be kicking many of those here

They’ve had tht Maginnis guy in a couple times, pretty sure he’s a trick shot video guy

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Hes very hot and cold

This is what we were talking about when we said a healthy Gostkowski is significantly better than any option available

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
Carli Lloyd.......c'mon down!

(I joke, but it really is odd that there aren't more quality kickers out there. Billions of people in the world, most of which played either soccer or football growing up, and there are maybe a dozen good ones that find their way to the NFL.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad