Patriots/NFL Week 10: Pats 8-1 have a week off

Status
Not open for further replies.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
BIG RUSS

MVP MVP MVP

Mercury Morris can pop the champagne bottle in whatever crack den he lives in now

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
91cd458b215d4dcff852cff4cce0ca1d.jpg

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
I can't decide if this was a great or terrible game. Probably the former, but there were so many mistakes by both teams. Would have been hilarious if it had ended as a tie.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Am I the only one that dislikes Kyle Shanahan (I don’t particularly dislike the 49ers in general)??

I just don’t like his sideline demeanor. His off the street FA kicker gets him into OT with a 47 yard FG, but he looks like he wants to choke him our after he misses one from the same distance in OT.

In the postgame, he gave credit to his guys for their effort (which is commendable), but not before he used the 49ers injuries as an excuse for the loss (which is a cardinal sin for pro coaches imo).

I’m probably being to nit-picky? Oh well.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
The 49ers should have been angry about the NFL reviewing the play before that FG and still marking the ball short of the first down. What is the point of reviewing things if we're not going to correct simple, east to see mistakes?

Reactions: HockeyMomx2

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I don't have great expectations for Kaep if he finds a buyer. He could probably take snaps on a bad team, or even be used as a third down wildcat kind of tool. But it's been 3 years and we don't know exactly what he can do anymore.

He's not going to be on a Belichick team because he could barely hold onto the ball his last few years in SF. Fumbled too much.

Reactions: LSCII

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I don't know what it is but every year I see those old Dolphins sipping champagne I want to pull my hair out. I'm really not sure why I dislike them so much

Because they're shitty people?

I used to really hate them, but now I just feel sad for them. Like this is all they have left in life to be happy about? Has to really suck for them. Kind of pathetic, actually.

Reactions: Smitty93

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I don't have great expectations for Kaep if he finds a buyer. He could probably take snaps on a bad team, or even be used as a third down wildcat kind of tool. But it's been 3 years and we don't know exactly what he can do anymore.

He's not going to be on a Belichick team because he could barely hold onto the ball his last few years in SF. Fumbled too much.

This is a dog and pony show so the NFL can say they went out of their way to get him a job, but nobody wanted to bite. Hasn't played a snap in 3 years. Was marginal when he did play last. I'd be stunned if a team wanted to take on him and the headache it will create for them just based on his skills atrophying from the layoff.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
This is a dog and pony show so the NFL can say they went out of their way to get him a job, but nobody wanted to bite. Hasn't played a snap in 3 years. Was marginal when he did play last. I'd be stunned if a team wanted to take on him and the headache it will create for them just based on his skills atrophying from the layoff.
Honestly, the whole controversy around him and the kneeling is pretty much dead. I dont think anyone really cares anymore.

When he first got exiled, he was good enough to be a low end starter or high end backup. But now he's 32 and as a guy whose primary weapon was his legs, maybe his advantage is gone. But maybe he still has it, Lord knows there are some bad quarterbacks in the league right now. The only thing stopping him from getting signed isn't the circus, but how much money he's going to demand, because I'm not sure he's going to take vet minimum for a backup job.

Reactions: LSCII

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
Honestly, the whole controversy around him and the kneeling is pretty much dead. I dont think anyone really cares anymore.

When he first got exiled, he was good enough to be a low end starter or high end backup. But now he's 32 and as a guy whose primary weapon was his legs, maybe his advantage is gone. But maybe he still has it, Lord knows there are some bad quarterbacks in the league right now. The only thing stopping him from getting signed isn't the circus, but how much money he's going to demand, because I'm not sure he's going to take vet minimum for a backup job.

The dude is a pinhead. Elway offered him a decent contract well above minimum plus incentives to be Denver's starter after Manning retired and he reportedly laughed in Elway's face. He has no real interest in playing and just wants to create a circus and find different ways to sue the league.

Reactions: Troublesome 85
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad