NFL GDT: Week 1

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Allen is Brett Favre with a little more mobility. Dumb gunslingers who love to moonlight at linebacker and seek out contact. Allen without Brian Daboll is like most of Favre's post-Holmgren career
Favre was a great QB but he blew many games making throws to guys that were covered.

Reactions: Say Hey Kid

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
The Jets are gonna bring in grass for the World Cup but they can't do it for football?
Multiple cities are doing that. No other events will be occurring during the time the WC is running in that city. Easier maintenance.

NY, like I saw when I searched events taking place at Metlife from Sept onward, it's all football until the NHL winter game in mid Feb.

It's northeastern USA, so someone like Taylor Swift isn't going to book a show past September outdoors in a colder climate.

It's the indoor stadiums like in Dallas, Atlanta, New Orleans, LA, Houston, etc. that are a bit more of an issue since they have other events going on during the NFL season.

Buffalo, Cincy, NY I think the NFL is the only thing happening in their stadiums. Seattle, NE have MLS so the condition is a factor for them in terms of getting it ready for MLS match.

But, we have seen Tottenheim and Man U. new stadiums or renovated ones be able to lower the pitch in 3-4 sections under. Regardless of how they do that, it's a matter of how quickly the seams reconnect seamlessly (sorry for the bad pun), so that there isn't increased risk of injury should the athletes plant hard on or right where the seams join up.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
Pugula's response:

He seems far more upset that someone would deign to say something negative about him than about racism.

IIRC, back when the Flores suit came out...Pegula was on some diversity committee.

One must be careful when dealing with allegations though. Sometimes, one side is truthful. Other times, it's utter bullshit despite sounding plausible.

With new knowledge now, I believe the Flores suit was a bit of "staged fight" because that's often how class actions operate. A lawyer picks a friend to do the act that makes the friend lead Plaintiff. The law cannot see "friends", so the system has to consider the suit on its merits. Also, if there's an arbitration clause, 99% of the time the case will die in arbitration, shield from the public.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
Vinny Testaverde was an honorary captain for the Jets game. Today is the 24th anniversary of him blowing out his tendon.
One of those eerie things just like Alex Smith's injury 33 years to the day Theismann had his.

Josh Allen is on that Cam Newton career path with those hits he takes week in, week out.
Asterisk that. Cam went vegan...that might have accelerated his downward trend.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
This board would've been a riot during the game Testaverde got hurt. Bill Parcells was trying to save a roster spot by having Rick Mirer has the emergency QB, which back then meant that unless your first two QB's were done for the day, the third QB couldn't play until the 4th quarter. The Jets backup QB was their punter Tom Tupa, so they couldn't lose the punter.

And then Tupa balled out while Mirer shit himself

Look at that throwing motion.

• Love
Reactions: Filthy Dangles

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
He looked washed in Chicago a couple years ago

Dont see what he offers to team at this point at his age. Better off signing some kid cut from camp/roster around the league
Hawks lost their starting two second year Tackles vs the Rams. Went with Curham and Forsythe in the second half.

Barnum

Aug 28, 2014
‘Murica Ex-Pat - UK
Allen is Brett Favre with a little more mobility. Dumb gunslingers who love to moonlight at linebacker and seek out contact. Allen without Brian Daboll is like most of Favre's post-Holmgren career
I was thinking this last night when I watched that game. It’s different though, Favre only started doing that shit on the back 9 of his career and his ego grew out of proportion, Favre wasn’t like that earlier on. Allen… I dunno. He lacks football IQ and situational awareness. Allen doesn’t seem that bright to me, hell of a talent though.

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
I was thinking this last night when I watched that game. It’s different though, Favre only started doing that shit on the back 9 of his career and his ego grew out of proportion, Favre wasn’t like that earlier on. Allen… I dunno. He lacks football IQ and situational awareness. Allen doesn’t seem that bright to me, hell of a talent though.
He put them in a spot to win V KC ,that game was WON , 13 seconds left , last night the sacks are what bothered me more ,get f***ing rid of the ball.
Week one and Josh gets the raiders seconday next week , 300 yards , 65 on the ground and 3TDs ..all will be forgotten.

Reactions: Barnum

Barnum

Aug 28, 2014
‘Murica Ex-Pat - UK
He put them in a spot to win V KC ,that game was WON , 13 seconds left , last night the sacks are what bothered me more ,get f***ing rid of the ball.
Week one and Josh gets the raiders secondary, 300 yards , 65 o the ground and 3TDs ..all will be forgotten.
Yeah totally, hard to argue that. Even if they beat the Raiders, still have to worry about his football IQ. Something has changed in him, needs to go back to simple football. He is trying to sling too much. Everyone loves guys like Fitzpatrick but it doesn’t win championships.

Reactions: TheAngryHank

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
Yeah totally, hard to argue that. Even if they beat the Raiders, still have to worry about his football IQ. Something has changed in him, needs to go back to simple football. He is trying to sling too much. Everyone loves guys like Fitzpatrick but it doesn’t win championships.
He needs to grow in to his arm , as a bills fan I'll keep him.

Reactions: Barnum

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
@StreetHawk Why can't the Panthers and the Titans play on grass?
Carolina, they used to have Grass but they switched last season after they got the MLS team that play out of the same stadium. Guessing that they have issues with the field getting torn up between a NFL game that it won't be in MLS shape. They have 4 MLS games (regular season) for the rest of the year. Not including any playoff games.

Ten, they just made the switch to turf this season. Some excuse of not being able to maintain or grow the grass later in the season. Their grass does turn more yellow as you go into December. No clue what this means for their new stadium that they have planned. All football games for the rest of the year. A new Tennessee State home games, but it's still all football.

But, honestly, unless you have a schedule like Seattle does at Lumen where there 5 soccer matches and 25 other non sporting events during the NFL season, and for teams like NY, NE, Cincy, Car, Ten, they can have grass given that based on the scheduled events from Sept to Jan, it's all football, with a few MLS matches and for NE a couple of concerts in late Sept. So, not an excuse that there are other events going on that would damage the field.

Just need to schedule the MLS and NFL games so that you are home for 2 weeks then on the road for 2 weeks. Give the field and grounds crew time to get the grass ready between NFL and MLS games.

Reactions: Say Hey Kid

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
Hawks lost their starting two second year Tackles vs the Rams. Went with Curham and Forsythe in the second half.

I thought Forsythe did alright in relief but it sounds as if Cross has turf toe and Lucas tweaked a knee.

Peters is soo old but you could do much worse than have a HoF grade mentor around all these young tackles. Just wouldn't count on him to play steadily.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
jets D always shows up against the bills. wouldn't be too worried about allen

that said, its miami's division to lose

I wouldn't be so sure about that, the Bills are still really good. The Jets just absolutely own Josh Allen like you said. I wouldn't be surprised if everyone is 1-1 by next week with the Pats beating Miami on SNF.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Granada vs Osasuna
    Granada vs Osasuna
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $20.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00