NFL GDT: Week 1

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
Saleh stated it's likely the achilles.

He's resigned to that fact.
Is there any former Packers backup that knows the system?

They had no trust Wilson could even perform a red zone play action.

Wilson could have played like he did last year and he would have outplayed Allen. He was awful. Wilson kept the massive mistakes to the bare minimum - not going to say he played well by a long shot. There were plays to be made in front of him, the guy just doesn’t have the processing speed to make them.
Wilson might as well be the "black" stereotype. He was the best athlete on the field in college and never had to make reads....

The NFL game is too much for him....

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
If I was scheming against the Bills I would just hold my D way back eventually Allen will just try to force a throw deep even though the short passes are there.
Josh Allen, will run it for 20 yards, every single time. Funny how people can criticize a Pro-bowl QB while never playing ever at that level.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Wilson could have played like he did last year and he would have outplayed Allen. He was awful. Wilson kept the massive mistakes to the bare minimum - not going to say he played well by a long shot. There were plays to be made in front of him, the guy just doesn’t have the processing speed to make them.

Considering the atrocious pass blocking its hard to say he had time to process anything when not running for his life

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
I don’t think you can win with Allen
The turnovers are getting worse

3 turnovers against a 3rd stringer in the playoffs against Miami

He has 7 interceptions in his last 3 games

Reactions: fin8

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Considering the atrocious pass blocking its hard to say he had time to process anything when not running for his life

Except the poster you responded to is right. Go look at the pick he threw to Milano, Dalvin is completely wide open in the flat next to him and he tries to hit Cobb on a dig route. His football IQ is utterly horrendous when he has almost every other element in his game. He's always looking for the big play. I wouldn't be surprised if they go get a QB like Winston in the coming weeks, I'd love DTR out of Cleveland but that's gonna be a bag in a trade haul.

PeteWorrell

[...]
Aug 31, 2006

It seems the pressure is getting to him. Trying too much to play hero ball out there. It does not help that his best WR went ballistic during the off season because the Bills have not been able to go to the Super Bowl.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native

It's ego. He appears cocky. Mahomes developed a more refined decision making mindset after a bit of a "struggle" and it got him a Super Bowl.

Allen still thinks he can outarm anyone...and is bit arrogant at the competition he's facing. If he had just taken a sack or slid instead of turning the ball over, the game was won.

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
I think Josh Allen will be fine. He had an absolutely putrid game tonight, no doubt, but they’ll figure it out. The one thing that doesn’t ever seem to be going away is his addiction to seeking contact, hurdling for no reason, etc. Which is concerning in and of itself.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Allen is Brett Favre with a little more mobility. Dumb gunslingers who love to moonlight at linebacker and seek out contact. Allen without Brian Daboll is like most of Favre's post-Holmgren career

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Simply one of the most unbelievable games ever as a neutral NFL fan. From the goosebumps of the pre-game runout on 9/11 to the unreal shock of the Rogers injury and the Jets just being the Jets to a ridiculous game full of stupid, ridiculous moments…all to end on a walk off TD by a rookie who many got to know via a heartwarming moment making the team on Hard Knocks.

This game was everything about why the NFL is king in this country.

Also the Jets are one helluva team if they can patch the QB spot somehow the rest of the year. Monster defense. Amazing young weapons on offense. AFC East is gonna be one heck of a battle.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Simply one of the most unbelievable games ever as a neutral NFL fan. From the goosebumps of the pre-game runout on 9/11 to the unreal shock of the Rogers injury and the Jets just being the Jets to a ridiculous game full of stupid, ridiculous moments…all to end on a walk off TD by a rookie who many got to know via a heartwarming moment making the team on Hard Knocks.

This game was everything about why the NFL is king in this country.

Also the Jets are one helluva team if they can patch the QB spot somehow the rest of the year. Monster defense. Amazing young weapons on offense. AFC East is gonna be one heck of a battle.
Literally all they need Wilson to do is make the east reads and nickel and dime it down the field with the occasional deep shot and he can’t even do that. Maddening. Where’s Trent Dilfer when you need him?

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
Allen is Brett Favre with a little more mobility. Dumb gunslingers who love to moonlight at linebacker and seek out contact. Allen without Brian Daboll is like most of Favre's post-Holmgren career
Allen is smarter than Carson Wentz but they can't tame themselves. Mahomes has. That's why the Bills choke and Chiefs have rings.

I think Josh Allen will be fine. He had an absolutely putrid game tonight, no doubt, but they’ll figure it out. The one thing that doesn’t ever seem to be going away is his addiction to seeking contact, hurdling for no reason, etc. Which is concerning in and of itself.
It's "Vegeta Syndrome". Elite in his craft but can't help but make mistakes because he thinks he's all that.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
w
Since joining the NFL Allen leads the league with 84 TOs.
with Allen you do have to ask whether Dorsey is a coordinator who can fix mechanics or decision making?

Allen is a QB who needs the coaching. He can begin to rely on his raw physical ability if things go south on him.

Reactions: Say Hey Kid

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad