CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Jules ruined that drive

They’re gonna be heavy run this year, a lot of field position battles

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
As long as it works and is efficient, I can't complain. But this run-based college offense is not aesthetic at all, it's terrible to watch. I like an open, no huddle 5 WR offense. Obviously we don't have the personnel to run that though, so you take what you get. Better to win ugly than lose pretty.

Reactions: Alicat

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
upload_2020-9-13_13-18-8.png

Game is on CTV, the biggest network in Canada​

Reactions: Alicat

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
I wonder how much not getting hit in preseason is going to hurt guys. Edelman needs to catch that, but he also hasn't been hit like that in a while.

Offense performed how we should probably expect it to. Run offense should be better this year with additional help from Cam. Cam's not as good at audibling out of or into plays, which is what led to the sack. His throwing timing also isn't as good, but part of that could just be lack of experience in the offense. They may not score as many points, but I'm guessing the offense's performance from an eye test perspective will be similar to last year's. Not good or bad, but inconsistent. This is probably the type of offense they should have run last year when they had a dominant defense.

Reactions: CDJ

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
That was a failed play, but they're definitely using it to setup the reverse to Harry.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
I mean, Jackson was pushed into him. Byrd probably should have just bailed on it at that point, but it's not like it was a clean catching sitiuation.
Add in no preseason. Bill may let him stay another week

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
So can someone explain what just happened? The Pats called timeout, we go to commercial, come back from commercial, and they wind the clock and run it out without a play? What?

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
I wonder if they use 3rd down as a setup play to go for it on 4th. They're looking at a 42 yard field goal at the moment, which is within Folk's range, but maybe you run it and hope you get 3 or 4 yards.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad