GDT: Week 1 - Miami at PATRIOTS - 1 PM - CBS (regional), 98.5 WBZ-FM

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
4ioxks70a0n51.png

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
For the record I think McDaniels called a beautiful game today.

I think he's probably both overrated and underrated. He's not as good as the media would suggest, but he's not as bad as Patriots fans think he is. If there was a play I was frustrated with today, it was the run with White on 3rd & 6 towards the end of the 2nd quarter, but people have been complaining about his 3rd & long runs for years, so that was expected. They had a few blown plays that I thought were mostly due to Cam not audibling, but he's new enough to the system that you can't expect him to get them into the right play every down.

Overall, I thought there was some quality creativity today and I hope they're able to keep that up. They ran a bunch of read option plays, but I don't remember any RPOs. I think those are coming as we get deeper into the season. This year is going to be about scheming up offense over just trying to be as efficient as possible, like they were throughout Brady's tenure.

Reactions: CDJ

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Brutal call against Dallas WR for OPI at the end of that game. Putting a hand on the defender (who had his arm locked) but not pushing off is NOT OPI.

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
Brutal call against Dallas WR for OPI at the end of that game. Putting a hand on the defender (who had his arm locked) but not pushing off is NOT OPI.

Ramsey sold the call. If they didn't get rid of the pass interference reviews, that probably gets overturned.

Reactions: N o o d l e s

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I thought it was a pushoff live. On slow-mo replay it looks more debateable. But I don't think it's a grave blown call by any means, more of a 50/50 call.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
I thought it was a pushoff live. On slow-mo replay it looks more debateable. But I don't think it's a grave blown call by any means, more of a 50/50 call.
Gallup did nothing there to warrant an OPI call. If anything you could argue Ramseys lock of his arm contributes more than anything to the extension.

That's a call that either flag them both and replay the down, or don't throw it at all. I'd be livid if I was a cowboys fan. That legitimately took their chance of winning or at least tying it, away.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010

Cowboys also got away with a blatant hit to Goff's head on his interception.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad