Post-Game Talk: Wed., Jan. 8, 2014| Canadiens 1 at Flyers 3

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
1135.jpg

I should have warned you guys before.

The clown? That's John Wayne Gacy. And now he's our new good luck charm.

Let's see them make a Bud Light commercial out of THAT.

Phileeguy

Sleep with one eye open tonight, bird.
Oct 7, 2010
Philly
Missed the 2nd and 3rd due to a dinner, glad to see the win.

What's this Wheeler/Coatesy thing?

Just discussing the merit (or lack thereof) of these two local sports commentators. Chris Wheeler being in the news as he was relieved of his broadcasting duties by CSN Philly now that they have that call in terms of who broadcasts Phillies games per the new agreement.

Random Forest

May 12, 2010
God I ****ing love seeing the Habs implode. Subban benched while down two goals. Don't pull the goalie. :laugh:

Michel Therrien is an absolute moron of a coach, and I love it so much. I would not be at all shocked to see Subban traded when he becomes an RFA this summer.

Funf

Sep 17, 2013
Philadelphia
Missed the 2nd and 3rd due to a dinner, glad to see the win.

What's this Wheeler/Coatesy thing?

Wheeler and Sarge were kicked off the Phil's broadcast today, and somebody started comparing the two at some point.

Oh, and great win! Solid all around except for the PP.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
He's arrogant alright, but he's not an idiot. He knows a lot about the game, but he comes of pretty pompous when explaining plays and defenses, etc. Almost like he's talking down to the audience. His nature comes off especially annoying when the product on the field isn't producing and you're being tortured by both play and commentary.

Wheels knows a lot of baseball history, but his analysis of the game is not that great. He provides no real insight of the kind that former players do. I don't need him to tell me that Hamels left that pitch "middle-in". There is literally nothing about him that I will miss.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Wheels knows a lot of baseball history, but his analysis of the game is not that great. He provides no real insight of the kind that former players do. I don't need him to tell me that Hamels left that pitch "middle-in". There is literally nothing about him that I will miss.

Yeah, the dude calls every thing a change-up.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
There is more info regarding Matt Read (in his injury thread) and it seems the source of his injury can't be pinpointed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad