Post-Game Talk: Wed., Jan. 22, 2014| Hurricanes 3 at Flyers 2

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
Hell, I can bet that later in the season that MAB would be a better solution than Mez as well.

Eh I doubt it. MAB hasnt played healthy hockey in what, 2 years? Going to be a rough journey for him to get back to the NHL level, especially when he has slid down the depth chart behind Gus, Alt, Manning and Oliver.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
On this post I have heard about every player trashed. Are you guys forgetting the 6 game road trip that gave us all fantasies of a deep playoff run? The guys played great, passing was crisp, goaltending was great. What happened? Theories abound. here's mine. Berube is a rookie coach and not a very good one. This team has slipped into the same old pattern as last year. Why, because he was part of the problem last year and still is this year. Simple, we keep trying to polish a raw coach. We promote Stevens when he wasn't groomed and we did the same with Berube. The Flyers need an experienced coach that is already groomed for the NHL. We should have gone outside for an experienced coach. Berube just isn't ready.

Whoa now, speak for yourself.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
They were two extremely stoppable goals that only look amazing because they went in. Mason made them look good by being bad.

You were wrong, Meltzer is right.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Bill-Meltzer/Meltzers-Musings-Bad-Habits-Come-to-Roost/45/57467

I thought Mason played pretty well against the Hurricanes on Wednesday, actually. Alexander Semin's goal was a perfectly placed shot in which the goal-scorer also used defenseman Andrej Meszaros as a screen. The second goal, Nathan Gerbe's between-the-legs breakaway goal, was equally unstoppable. The rebound allowed on Jiri Tlusty's game-winning goal was from a point shot through heavy traffic. Mason never saw the shot and was actually fortunate to make the initial save. He needed some help on cleaning up the rebound -- or at least someone covering Tlusty -- and got none.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad