Weber to Philly

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
I wish it would happen but honestly, the emergence of Jones makes it less likely they will trade Weber any time in the next 5 years at least.

They thought they were screwed when they lost Suter, now they have a potential replacement if his development goes well.

No way they break up a potential top pairing like that while the kid is still developing.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
The dream is over, Flyers have to hope Morin & Hagg turn into a really good pairing in the future. Draft & Develop

JustinCider

Dec 15, 2005
Earth
Oilers fan here, come in peace, just have a few comments and questions. First of all, I don't get how you guys are struggling so badly, I look at the Flyers on paper, and other than in net, they seem stacked. It's kind of how I see the Oilers, great on paper, but not getting the results. The talk around our town is that we don't have the right mix of players, too much of the same, and missing some key types. I wonder if Philly is having the same problem. Would any kind of trade work between the 2 teams, what do you guys want/need from Edmonton? I've got plenty of time for guys B. Schenn, Giroux, Cotourier, Hartnell, Coburn, Simmons, and Laughton. I'm guessing you guys are looking for a top pairing Dman too. I know you guys have some money coming off the books next year, I've got a feeling that Philly is gonna take a run a Phaneuf, which I think would be a good fit there. Lastly, the reason I put this in Weber thread is, I think Holgrem screwed up on the Weber offer, he tried to be too cute with it, he tried to just front load it so much that the Preds wouldn't be able to match, the problem is, it was still a good contract. The key for offer sheets to work is offer a bad contract, that has potential, but not at that moment. I'm sure you guys know this. Weber would of been perfect in Philly and to me, I think he's worth 10 million per year, cap wise. I would of offered him 13 years, 130 million. That might have got him, Holgrem dropped the ball on this one IMO. Weber wanted to be a Flyer, but ended up being locked up as a Pred for a very reasonable cap hit, almost a value deal. I've always liked Holgrem's style, other than with goalies, but the guy has never been scared to make things happen. Maybe his luck/time has run out, I still think he's assembled a lot of talent in Philly, I'm stumped why it' not working better than it is.

RJ8812*

if you don't get why we're struggling, you haven't watched any of our games

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Oilers fan here, come in peace, just have a few comments and questions. First of all, I don't get how you guys are struggling so badly, I look at the Flyers on paper, and other than in net, they seem stacked. It's kind of how I see the Oilers, great on paper, but not getting the results. The talk around our town is that we don't have the right mix of players, too much of the same, and missing some key types. I wonder if Philly is having the same problem. Would any kind of trade work between the 2 teams, what do you guys want/need from Edmonton? I've got plenty of time for guys B. Schenn, Giroux, Cotourier, Hartnell, Coburn, Simmons, and Laughton. I'm guessing you guys are looking for a top pairing Dman too. I know you guys have some money coming off the books next year, I've got a feeling that Philly is gonna take a run a Phaneuf, which I think would be a good fit there. Lastly, the reason I put this in Weber thread is, I think Holgrem screwed up on the Weber offer, he tried to be too cute with it, he tried to just front load it so much that the Preds wouldn't be able to match, the problem is, it was still a good contract. The key for offer sheets to work is offer a bad contract, that has potential, but not at that moment. I'm sure you guys know this. Weber would of been perfect in Philly and to me, I think he's worth 10 million per year, cap wise. I would of offered him 13 years, 130 million. That might have got him, Holgrem dropped the ball on this one IMO. Weber wanted to be a Flyer, but ended up being locked up as a Pred for a very reasonable cap hit, almost a value deal. I've always liked Holgrem's style, other than with goalies, but the guy has never been scared to make things happen. Maybe his luck/time has run out, I still think he's assembled a lot of talent in Philly, I'm stumped why it' not working better than it is.

The Flyers lack scorers/snipers. A lot of players on this team are mucker/grinders/go to the net type of players. There are very little players that have a dominant shot on this team, Giroux/Voracek/Vinny are really the only ones. If a team eliminates them from the play, the line will suffer.

JustinCider

Dec 15, 2005
Earth
The Flyers lack scorers/snipers. A lot of players on this team are mucker/grinders/go to the net type of players. There are very little players that have a dominant shot on this team, Giroux/Voracek/Vinny are really the only ones. If a team eliminates them from the play, the line will suffer.

Well, the Oilers have snipers, but need grinders/muckers. Would this interest Flyers fans...

Yakupov
S. Gagner
N. Schultz

B. Schenn
Simmonds
Coburn
Laughton

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Well, the Oilers have snipers, but need grinders/muckers. Would this interest Flyers fans...

Yakupov
S. Gagner
N. Schultz

B. Schenn
Simmonds
Coburn
Laughton

While I'm not going to play the trade game, its a main reason why EDM/PHI rumors keep popping up, they are a really good match, obviously unknown whether actual discussions have taken place, it wouldn't surprise me.

Jack de la Hoya

Jun 30, 2011
Texas

Yakupov
S. Gagner
N. Schultz

B. Schenn
Simmonds
Coburn
Laughton

Take out Schenn and Gagner for starters.

Take out N. Schultz (don't need him) and Laughton (the value is off).

Simmonds + Coburn for Yakupov. Flyers probably add a pick or something. I think that's the value. I'm not sold on Yakupov at all--it would be a massive risk.

FlyersFanz

aut viam inveniam au
Jan 26, 2010
BlkVanOutsideUrHouse
No to Weber. Flyers should pursue someone like Cody Franson who had similar numbers to Weber last year and will be a RFA end of this year. Weber has a huge contract, I`m sure Flyers could get Franson for well less than $7.5mil a year.

Last edited:

Flyersfan731

Oct 23, 2013

Yakupov
S. Gagner
N. Schultz

B. Schenn
Simmonds
Coburn
Laughton

Idk I mean all the things there saying about yak I don't like we don't need another cocky Russian on the team

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
No to Webber. Flyers should pursue someone like Cody Franson who had similar numbers to Webber last year and will be a RFA end of this year. Webber has a huge contract, I`m sure Flyers could get Franson for well less than $7.5mil a year.

Who's Webber?

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
We should just be pleased that Weber will be in the West for the rest of his career and move on.

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
We should just be pleased that Weber will be in the West for the rest of his career and move on.

Lock?

Yeah I would love to pick him up he is exactly what we need on D....never gonna happen

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
I support a hilarious Jones offer sheet.

That Nashville team lives and dies by their D group. Weber and Jones are going nowhere ever likely. Suter isn't there only because he had his heart set on Minnesota.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad