Weber to Philly

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Nashville is on the hook for his cap recapture penalties; I think that, combined with his ability, would make it difficult to get them to part with him. He's pretty deeply tied to that organization for a variety of reasons until the CBA changes.

Flyersfan731

Oct 23, 2013
Nashville is on the hook for his cap recapture penalties; I think that, combined with his ability, would make it difficult to get them to part with him. He's pretty deeply tied to that organization for a variety of reasons until the CBA changes.

Ok well what about for Seth then since no one wants to throw a deal on weber

mantis toboggan

Aug 2, 2009
South Jersey
Well damn if that's the case plz morin be that guy and Nashville need forwards so shoot something

Didn't they want something like b schenn + couturier + voracek + last time?? It was something like that. Anyway that would be his value because it hasn't dropped since then. He will never come to Philly it would cost us way to much, let the dream die

ILoveStephanieBrown

Nov 6, 2012
Ok well what about for Seth then since no one wants to throw a deal on weber

Think about what you're saying. Why would Nashville even make Seth Jones available? They were very lucky to have him drop to 4th overall and he is currently leading their team in TOI. The kid has a chance of being the best dman in the NHL. If Im Poile, he's simply untouchable.

mantis toboggan

Aug 2, 2009
South Jersey
Think about what you're saying. Why would Nashville even make Seth Jones available? They were very lucky to have him drop to 4th overall and he is currently leading their team in TOI. The kid has a chance of being the best dman in the NHL. If Im Poile, he's simply untouchable.

And to think he could be on our team if we didn't go on that run at the end of the season.... Damn you mason!

RJ8812*

lol should definitely change the prefix as this isn't specualtion at all

whatthef

Failure is an Option
Mar 1, 2007
Upper Darby
Never going to happen. Even if Nashville was open to trading him we don't have the pieces to put the team together, unless we want to trade away the few good pieces we have right now in which case the team will be kind of gutted and it would be a waste of Weber anyway.

Jack de la Hoya

Jun 30, 2011
Texas
Well, the ask for an unsigned Weber was Schenn, Couturier, Voracek, and picks, at least according to OurGocisanAwesomeGoc (a noted, reliably HF poster), who I think got it from one of our beat writers on Twitter.

Whether you choose to believe that outrageous price (obviously, Voracek is worth more now than he was then), that's the framework you should be working in if your trying to come up with a compelling offer.

You're probably talking B. Schenn, L. Schenn, and multiple futures as a reasonable starting point--but I still don't think Nashville does it.

CyborgLindros

Mar 29, 2012
Not this again.

It Won't Happen, It shouldn't happen, and it can't happen.

IF it got approved Weber has a NTC if I do recall, our cap hit would be incredibly fun to deal with (since they would want our young forwards most likely)
Seriously, they wouldn't take anything less than what they had asked for last time. AND would probably ask for more since Couts and Schenn aren't piling on the points.

tymed

Jun 11, 2007
British Columbia
I don't see Poile trading with us. Let alone Weber.

Edit: That's a pipe dream that's long been pooched.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad