Speculation: Weber out 5-6 months... what's next?

Never

Can you hear me now?
Sep 16, 2009
Calgary
analytics love petry, hes a wonderful shot suppressor and kills weber in transition, hell hes even a better PP player.

Which is why analytics are nonsense. Petry is simply not as good as Weber. At all.

As for what the Habs should do? Lose for Hughes.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
even with this injury they are still in win-now mode, except there will be this pause. They could still tank for a good pick this year, but the following season they will be all-in again.

So what I'm saying is that they will not be selling off their decent players. They will not waste the Price contract, and they won't waste Weber's remaining years, as well as the prime years of Petry, Gallagher, Domi and Drouin

McNurse

Sep 2, 2015
even with this injury they are still in win-now mode, except there will be this pause. They could still tank for a good pick this year, but the following season they will be all-in again.

So what I'm saying is that they will not be selling off their decent players. They will not waste the Price contract, and they won't waste Weber's remaining years, as well as the prime years of Petry, Gallagher, Domi and Drouin
Which is a huge mistake, if they want want to compete sooner or later they need some centre depth.. they missed out on their best chance at a 1c

NoName

Bringer of Playoffs!
Nov 3, 2017
What should Montreal do...

02ee4755-0a4d-414b-9be1-6233e08460c8_1.3cceb0f93871da1ab298685fbcbbf19e.jpeg

:naughty:

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
What about a Montreal - Buffalo trade.

Montreal
Shea Weber

Buffalo
2nd Round pick
3d Round pick
Zach Bogosian
Nathan Beaulieu

Not much value for MTL...And no team wants that contract. Weber is still a pretty good player, So MTL giving him away for nothing wouldn't be smart...

Stand Witness

JT
Sponsor
Oct 25, 2014
London, ON
Weber 50% to anyone who will take that awful contract

Price 50% to anyone who will take that awful contract

Prepare to be competitive in approx. 4 seasons, have those massive retentions come off the books in 8.

Horrible time to be a Habs fan.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
What about a Montreal - Buffalo trade.

Montreal
Shea Weber

Buffalo
2nd Round pick
3d Round pick
Zach Bogosian
Nathan Beaulieu

As a Sabres fan, I want nothing to do with Weber's contract.

That deal has the Sabres taking on cap this season and for 6 seasons beyond when Bogosian's contract expires.

With Dahlin and Middlestadt coming off their ELCs over the next few years, the Sabres will need that cap space that will come from contracts like Moulson, Pominville, and Bogosian expiring to allow them to pay the kids.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad