Weber, Keith and Chara for the Norris

Predsrule

Nov 18, 2008
Well that may be exaggerated a bit but my point is his is a great overall player but without his offensive production he drops down the depth chart. he has done really well. What I ask you to consider would be if he lost that shot what effect would it be on him? His overall worth? We are partial to the guy for sure and there is some that over estimate his value. In the Trotz system he flourished, there were 12 defensemen taken before him in the 2003 draft including two by the Preds that got away. This has been one of the best coup's for DP, but points out that coming into the draft he had issues.

He needs to win the Norris in the next couple years or he may never win it.

He will never win a Norse.. No low Medea exposed team ever has.. Its voted on by people who want to please the most amount of fans they can as thats how they make their living. As long as its voted on by hockey writers no def in a small exposed team will ever win it. As for the if you take away webers offence.. You can say that about almost every top player in the NHL . To say what do we have left if we took away their best aspect of their game isnt a fair way to judge them... Also the number def he was taken in a draft holds no value now so do not understand why that would matter at all now over 10 years later. And its the Internet everyone is a keyboard warrior;)

Last edited:

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I don't buy it that he can't win it in Nashville. Will it be harder? Obviously as I think he probably would win it otherwise this year. He's hamstrung by the market size, but everyone knows who he is, they have for several years. At some point, if he keeps it up, I see them giving it to him because well it would be rather head scratching. I think if you put Keith on another team he isn't even in the running, and I would say the exact same thing about Chara.

That said I don't think he wins it this year just because of the market size and the fact he hasn't been hyped all year because of the slow start.

lstcyr

Jul 29, 2002
Visit site
I agree. He will never win a Norse. He does have a chance for a Norris though.

He will never win a Norse.. No low Medea exposed team ever has.. Its voted on by people who want to please the most amount of fans they can as thats how they make their living. As long as its voted on by hockey writers no def in a small exposed team will ever win it. As for the if you take away webers offence.. You can say that about almost every top player in the NHL . To say what do we have left if we took away their best aspect of their game isnt a fair way to judge them... Also the number def he was taken in a draft holds no value now so do not understand why that would matter at all now over 10 years later. And its the Internet everyone is a keyboard warrior;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad