ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Arizona and Ottawa hearing this:

9enORZJ.png

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
That should narrow it down completely no? :laugh::laugh:. Should've just started naming names.

Arizona and Ottawa? Is there anyone else im missing?

Reactions: abo9

kerrabria

May 3, 2018
I don't understand. In order for a cheap team to take advantage of paying his minimal salary while absorbing his high cap hit, wouldn't Weber have to be listed on the active roster or on IR? But because his career is done, doesn't he have to be put on LTIR, and thus not count towards the cap while insurance pays his contract?

Or would the Coyotes be allowed to just blatantly circumvent the cap floor (which is insane to even type out) by keeping a retired guy's $8m cap hit on the books while paying a fraction of that.

Reactions: abo9 and banks

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
I don't understand. In order for a cheap team to take advantage of paying his minimal salary while absorbing his high cap hit, wouldn't Weber have to be listed on the active roster or on IR? But because his career is done, doesn't he have to be put on LTIR, and thus not count towards the cap while insurance pays his contract?

Or would the Coyotes be allowed to just blatantly circumvent the cap floor (which is insane to even type out) by keeping a retired guy's $8m cap hit on the books while paying a fraction of that.
No, currently, Anaheim does not have Kesler on LTIR

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
If he retires, does nashville still have 24M recapture penalty? or did that change somewhere along the line? would be funny

I remember the league did Nashville a favour and cut the recapture penalty by a fair margin a few a years ago. I don't know what the number is anymore, but it's not as bad as it once was.

And I don't necessarily blame the preds for it other than allowing the flyers the opportunity to send a massive poison pill.

Nashville had to match. You just can't let a player like Weber walk away like that.

innitfam

Oct 18, 2017
If he retires, does nashville still have 24M recapture penalty? or did that change somewhere along the line? would be funny

No, it was reduced to a cap penalty equal to the AAV for Weber's contract. Still a big chunk of cap but not apocalyptic.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017

The nhl usually gives the smaller teams in this league more leeway. If the tables were turned and we were in a bizarre land where montreal was looking to hit the cap floor by acquiring Weber, I think the league would scrutinize the transaction much harder.

Akrapovince

May 19, 2017
Just so we are clear. The Habs won't be paying an asset they will receive one. Not a big one but still. The Habs have no real need to move him. He is on the LTIR likely for good.

We have no issues now but I would’ve absolutely puked if this was a couple years ago and we paid a good asset to reach the cap floor.

We probably would have to.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Habs have more incentive to do this if they think chance Price is on LTIR next year also. Only allowed 10% over. If both are on LTIR, Habs have to move a player. Or not sign a player

Reactions: abo9

General Fanager

Feb 2, 2010
Chambly, Qc
We have no issues now but I would’ve absolutely puked if this was a couple years ago and we paid a good asset to reach the cap floor.

We probably would have to.

I see Arizona as the only option. They have very little players signed for the next few years, they might have trouble signing UFAs cause of the situation they are in. They will need guys with term and maybe dead cap space like Weber.

Reactions: Akrapovince

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
$31.5M cap for $6M over 4 years.

I could see it happening for a small asset.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
Activating a player on LTIR just starts their daily cap hit, yes? It doesn’t mean their entire cap hit must be compliant?

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00