Friedman: We would all be surprised if Campbell isn't an Edmonton Oiler

Status
Not open for further replies.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
It was clear he isn't going back to Toronto and obviously now we see they got Matt Murray so that pretty much seals it. He heads to EDM and Kuemper probably to Washington.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
He will become an instant fan favorite, he gives it his all every single night and is so humble. So hard not to cheer for the guy.

That’s good to hear, he came across really likeable in his interviews while a Leafs player and I would say the same thing even if he doesn’t sign here.

Hyman has become adored here for as much the man he is off the ice. I always tell my son playing hockey to play the game like Hyman and be the type of person that he is off the ice, not sure I can pay a bigger compliment to a guy.

Like Toronto, people in hockey mad Alberta pay attention to everything. Those things and character traits get noticed, even if we have shitty media the fans will pay attention to post game interviews and form their own opinions.

Campbell strikes me as that same genuinely humble, hard working, and caring person towards his teammates and community that Hyman has. Those guys are winners in life in whatever field they endeavour upon in their careers.

Also Campbell and Skinner >>> Smith and Koskinen.

Chips

Aug 19, 2015
Jack's a great dude...I'll never want anything other than success for that guy.

I really hope he settles into his contract, plays consistent and stops being so hard on himself.

We were good to him..but the last thing I'd want is a bloated contract and fans turning on him (so I'm conflicted)

I'm at the point where I'm okay with the Oilers signing him.
I get what you’re saying, but at the same time holy shit if he’s hard on himself, wait til Edmonton media sours on him

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Was an offer to Campbell from the Leafs ever leaked ???

I get what you’re saying, but at the same time holy shit if he’s hard on himself, wait til Edmonton media sours on him
Edmonton media is like 6 dudes. And only 1 of them has the potential to be a douche and he’s a joke and irrelevant in the market.

Mar 26, 2010
Now that the Leafs got Murray, Jack is 100% an Oiler.

Why are the Oilers always waiting to take Toronto‘s cast aways

Evilsports

Aug 18, 2015
We know the 5x5. everyone seems to know Campbell is going to sign with Oilers.

There should be a tampering investigation requested as soon as this signing becomes official.
You should probably call the league. Or Dubas. Or the cops!

• Haha
Reactions: Oilhawks

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
Friedman used to talk down on the Oilers for years, now he's riding shotgun on the bandwagon :handclap:

AnInjuredJasonZucker

Feb 21, 2014
Close enough. And most of edmonton media are reasonable and supportive of the team and it’s players.

Only Spec and Mathesson are somewhat abrasive
Sorry man. If management is ready to cut ties with a player, they'll, nearly without exception, fall in line with breathless takedowns of that player. Most of them are quite shameless about it, and it's usually a transparent effort to present a convenient sacrifice to the public while insulating the perennially incompetent management of this franchise.

Barrsy

May 14, 2017
Yes, so the answer is 5X4. Issue is Holland is always hellbent on giving the extra year. Wanted to do it with Hyman, wanted to do it with Markstrom.
Holland only wants to do it to reduce the cap hit. He doesnt want that extra year. But the player wants X total

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
What is with EDM and having TOR sloppy seconds?
It’s not sloppy seconds. It’s targeting undervalued assets.

Look at Hyman and his career year here and monster playoffs performance.

Ceci finally figuring out NHL defence, whilst also putting up career numbers for offense

Barrie too. Hit a career high here and just last year finally figured out how to not be a liability in his own end.

AnInjuredJasonZucker

Feb 21, 2014
Now that the Leafs got Murray, Jack is 100% an Oiler.

Why are the Oilers always waiting to take Toronto‘s cast aways
Have you ever seen those videos of people adopting abused animals who are all disheveled and on the brink of death, then over time, with attentive care, they begin to regain their health and joy to the point that they end up flourishing? That's what happens when players are rescued from the Leafs.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Have you ever seen those videos of people adopting abused animals who are all disheveled and on the brink of death, then over time, with attentive care, they begin to regain their health and joy to the point that they end up flourishing? That's what happens when players are rescued from the Leafs.
Like.

AcerComputer

Aug 4, 2014
We'll return the favour when McDavid is a UFA.

Reactions: 34

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Sorry man. If management is ready to cut ties with a player, they'll, nearly without exception, fall in line with breathless takedowns of that player. Most of them are quite shameless about it, and it's usually a transparent effort to present a convenient sacrifice to the public while insulating the perennially incompetent management of this franchise.
I’d say Spec crosses the line between criticism to attack. But most of the media is chill and rational. Cult of hockey guys, lowtide, Gregor… they just move on respectfully.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
We made him Highest paid player in the League without any toxic public contract negotiations, provided him with the 2nd best player in the League and perfect trigger man and now best friend in Draisaitl, provided him with an environment where he can win all the individual trophies he wants and he has, gave him free reign to essentially GM the team as he sees fit, allowed him to do whatever he wanted in relation to his injury, never held back ice time from him with some abusive coach like Babcock, the fanbase nor the media has never nor will ever blame him for any of the failures of the Oilers, and we’ve now provided him an environment where he can win in the playoffs and challenge for a Cup.

I think McDavid is doing just fine. If he wants more, he’s been listening to too much Sportsnet.

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
Nah. By bringing TOR to EDM, McDavid doesn't need to go to TOR.

Holland galaxy brain
mind-blown-explosion.gif

Reactions: McDoused
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad