Friedman: We would all be surprised if Campbell isn't an Edmonton Oiler

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnipeShowJB11

Jul 8, 2022
Markstrom was amazing in the playoffs...
The Oilers have bi***slapped Markstrom since he has put on the Flames uniform. Playoffs was just embarrassing too.

The Markstrom who finished second in Vezina voting this season? Just absolutely terrible you're right.
Goalies are fickle. He choked hard in the playoffs against Edmonton. Looked like a 4th stringer.

Reactions: Oilhawks

AvroArrow

Fire Keefe
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
I'm still finding it amusing that Toronto paid to dump Mrazek but is interested in Murray, who hasn't had a good track record in years either. Hopefully for their sake, Dubas sees something that the rest of us has been missing and he rebounds.
This is coming from the same people who were saying "LOL Dubas let Hyman walked and signed Bunting as his replacement LOL"

Maybe, just maybe there might be a chance he's smarter than you

PostBradMalone

Mar 19, 2022
I'm sorry but I'm laughing picturing you hastily running over to NHL.com and screencapping this because you thought you were making a point. You care more about that series than anyone else does.

So you/the Flames are only interested in regular season success? Interesting. Well, you have the right players for that I guess, especially if Johnny Shinny re-signs.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
He always seemed like a super likeable guy in his interviews with the Leafs.

Kind of like Hyman, comes across as a genuinely good human being.

Hopefully he can find some similar success that Hyman, Ceci, and to an extent Barrie have found with the Oilers.

Him and Skinner should be vastly superior to Smith and Koskinen, with the Oilers in win now mode locking down a goalie was a must.

GordieHoweHatTrick

Sep 20, 2009
Toronto
Campbell will be an upgrade over the performances the Oilers got last season. The only questions are what the dollar amounts are and whether Campbell can handle 60+ games.

AvroArrow

Fire Keefe
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
He always seemed like a super likeable guy in his interviews with the Leafs.

Kind of like Hyman, comes across as a genuinely good human being.

Hopefully he can find some similar success that Hyman, Ceci, and to an extent Barrie have found with the Oilers.

Him and Skinner should be vastly superior to Smith and Koskinen, with the Oilers in win now mode locking down a goalie was a must.
He will become an instant fan favorite, he gives it his all every single night and is so humble. So hard not to cheer for the guy.

Reactions: snipes

bestmyfeeling

Oct 22, 2010
The Oilers and Leafs just love mediocre/bad goalies.
this is just a silly take...yes NHL teams in the business of winning want mediocre/bad goalies. It's called Economics, scarcity, supply and demand - really whatever you wanna call it, there is also a thing called salary cap. This isn't pick ur roster for team canada

if you think edmonton or toronto are purposely trying to get mediocre/bad goalies, i don't know what to tell ya....

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
This is coming from the same people who were saying "LOL Dubas let Hyman walked and signed Bunting as his replacement LOL"

Can you quote where I said anything like that please? I recall thinking Bunting was an obvious signing for a team looking for a low risk scoring option. I actually remember being frustrated that Edmonton didn't look into him. So I would love it if you could quote where I said anything along the lines of "LOL, Dubas signed Bunting".

Thanks.

On another note, I don't think I'm alone in wondering if Matt Murray is a good option here. The entire hockey world has witnessed Ottawa trying to dump him for a fair time here. So let's not act like me suggesting Dubas needs to see something everyone else isn't seeing is a hot take. It also isn't exactly a shot at Dubas, so cool your jets.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
The Oilers have bi***slapped Markstrom since he has put on the Flames uniform. Playoffs was just embarrassing too.

Goalies are fickle. He choked hard in the playoffs against Edmonton. Looked like a 4th stringer.
Despite all of this, I'm still frustrated that he picked Calgary over Edmonton. Markstrom would be a far better option that the other guys out there right now.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
I still don't understand how that works.

Isn't it supposed to be illegal for Edmonton to have even talked to him so far, since he's under contract with another team?

Obviously there's a courting period lol. How do free agents come into free agency and within minutes sign?

Reactions: Leo360

John Johnson

Apr 11, 2019
this is just a silly take...yes NHL teams in the business of winning want mediocre/bad goalies. It's called Economics, scarcity, supply and demand - really whatever you wanna call it, there is also a thing called salary cap. This isn't pick ur roster for team canada

if you think edmonton or toronto are purposely trying to get mediocre/bad goalies, i don't know what to tell ya....
Its a joke. Just based on how Edm and Tor both have had bad goaltending for the past decade. The essay was unnecessary.

Reactions: north49er

north49er

Dec 20, 2017
The Oilers go through too many goalies. Can't they just draft a starter? OK, Skinner may or may not be one but they haven't had a draft pick turn into a starter in like....forever.

Reactions: John Johnson

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
The Oilers go through too many goalies. Can't they just draft a starter? OK, Skinner may or may not be one but they haven't had a draft pick turn into a starter in like....forever.
Dubnyk in 04
Fuhr in 81
Moog in 80

That’s it. It’s quite laughable.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004

He uses savings from that great signing and then signs mrazek to wash out any value. Dubas' is a net zero GM. Which basically is about the added value of hfboard poster with a staff of NHL scouts and support staff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad