Post-Game Talk (GBU): We Woke Up. The dream was better.

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
Not really he’s still soft and gets overpowered many times if he worked more in the summer then other things maybe his game would be complete by now
You must be watching some other team if you think Reinhart is soft.

Royal Thunder

Frolunda Mode
Feb 21, 2012
Not really he’s still soft and gets overpowered many times if he worked more in the summer then other things maybe his game would be complete by now
He at least has some man strength now and wins a ton of board battles whereas he used to get pushed aside very easily. I definitely agree he is far from perfect and needs to work on his consistency. I still think his biggest issue is his lack of quickness when time and space gets tight.

Flash20

DC Homer
Oct 16, 2009
Buffalo
When jacks not scoring people complain about him even when he is piling up assist

But when golden child Sam Stinks and gets outplayed the excuses happen and gets a pass

Why is that ? This dude would’ve been our so-called franchise center if we didn’t draft Jack

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
When jacks not scoring people complain about him even when he is piling up assist

But when golden child Sam Stinks and gets outplayed the excuses happen and gets a pass

Why is that ? This dude would’ve been our so-called franchise center if we didn’t draft Jack

Outside of one person, Sam is often one of the most criticized players by posters, enough where said this one person is attacked on these boards for defending him. He gets anything but a pass.

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
Reinhart is deserving of criticism, and gets his share. I think he was especially poor today, but on average, he's done a lot more good than bad this season and is nearly a top-50 scorer in the NHL. He's not a franchise player, and that's unfortunate, but there's no value in being disappointed about that forever.

Reactions: debaser66

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
Going back to the beginning of the 2nd period in Tampa, we've scored one goal with a line other than Eichel's on the ice in the last 14 periods (plus about 8 OT minutes). And that was Thompson's 3rd period goal against the Lightning. A non-Eichel line hasn't scored a goal in four games.

So perhaps we should spend a little less time whining about one of the two forwards actually pulling their weight during this slump, and worry a bit more about the other three lines who aren't doing shit, or the coach whose strategy to get off this shnide is to continue banging his head against the wall by trying to win hockey games with one functioning line.

Vito_81

Jul 23, 2006
Toronto
Should have expected a let down with extra rest after usually being surprised by the effort on little rest.

Sucks to take it on the chin like that in the third. Tied game with 20 min left,at home that needs to lead to points if you hope to be a playoff team.

All i have to say is that Tuesday needs to go exactly like the last Kings game went. Complete beatdown for 60 min.

Big week coming up. 2 very winable games at home followed by two big tests on the road.

A poor showing against the Kings, and Botts better get off his ass and get to work. (He should be doing so regardless at this point IMO.)

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Going back to the beginning of the 2nd period in Tampa, we've scored one goal with a line other than Eichel's on the ice in the last 14 periods (plus about 8 OT minutes). And that was Thompson's 3rd period goal against the Lightning. A non-Eichel line hasn't scored a goal in four games.

So perhaps we should spend a little less time whining about one of the two forwards actually pulling their weight during this slump, and worry a bit more about the other three lines who aren't doing ****, or the coach whose strategy to get off this shnide is to continue banging his head against the wall by trying to win hockey games with one functioning line.

This times 1000. There aren't enough likes in the world.

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
Reinhart gets criticism when he is bad and gets praised when he is good like any other player. If you claim you haven't seen both then that means you are biased one way or the other. There are like two, maybe three, posters who see Reinhart as a player who can do no right. Equally there are like two posters who see him as someone who can do no wrong, yourself and the person you are referencing.
I just find it pretty meaningless to be the 14th person to say he did something bad/had a bad game. It gets a little redundant at some point.

Hasekperreault23

Nov 23, 2018
10-22-28 has been the only non-Eichel driven competent line this year, no reason we should be sending 10 down. I get he isn’t great but that line was shutting others down.

Now 17, sure. Board darling 71, should sit again....and both 37 and 43 need to start scoring or setting up.

Our severe lack of any offense outside of an Eichel driven line is alarming. I thought Sam was hot garbage today but he needs to be separated and drive his own line. Putting all our eggs in 1 basket does nothing for the rest of the lines. God forbid if 53-9 stop putting up points...

I think we have to go back to:

53-9-29

....and try to generate some offense from whoever else.

71 deserves to sit for a callup
37 deserves to just sit, he’s not been good

Our defense, well if 5 has to be in due to injuries you’re just gonna have to figure out a way to score more, which is this teams major problem right now outside of Skinner-Eichel
So 71 and 37 sit which i strongly disagree especially 37 since he is part of our core over 17,10 and 29 who bring nothing to the table.if you want to argue that 10 should play because his line of 22 and 28 were effective fine except 28 didn't play i never heard of a reason .You are correct in putting reinhart on another line .I think Sheary and okposo see getting a free pass,neither has scored in awhile.Would love to see Nylander and oloffson to see if they can provide some offence they can't be any worse then the other 3 lines

Quiet Jack

Mar 24, 2017
Sam has created plenty of offense himself during this stretch, so your thinly veiled "Sam is living off Jack" post is nonsense.
Oh it wasn't thinly veiled. It wasn't veiled at all. Like I said I enjoy the 19 minutes per game 9 is on the ice because during that time they might actually score.

JThorne

Stop accepting failure
Jul 21, 2006
Downtown Buffalo
Philadelphia sure can cycle in the offensive zone. Something I've seen Buffalo do like 3 times all season. Granted, it was against(not A-GAIN-st damn canuckleheads) our vaunted defense...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad