lupul kadri kessel
jvr grabo frattin

2 legit scoring lines

mac/komarov bozak kule - new checking/shut down line

LeafsMonster

Marlanderthews
Feb 3, 2012
Toronto
Man oh Man this needs to stop. Does this mean if it was his first goal he would not have had the determination to score it?

When did I say anything about his lack of determination for the other goals? Are you saying that its wrong to naturally have more determination to complete a hattrick than a normal goal? All i said was he wanted this goal really bad and he showed that, never said he didn't want the rest.

The Saurus

May 12, 2006
Why not try Nazem at the 1C spot? He's not exactly weak defensively and he could give that little extra push to JVR and Kessel.

Slot Bozak back to the 3C position and use him as the shutdown centre.

ECanuck

Jan 7, 2010
Hamilton
Although Kessel is supposed to be the showpiece of this team Kadri is just blowing Phil into the weeds with his effort and skill. At this juncture I can't really think of any area Kessel is better in than Kadri. Perhaps a small advantage with his wristshot but I don't even know about that any more. As much as PK has been lauded for his passes to JVR Kadri's saucer passes are off the charts.

Small advantage is an understatement. Kessel's wrist shot is insane. Kessel's speed is crazy too.

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie
In honor of Nazem Kadri's hat trick tonight/emergence this year in TOR, I recall what London GM Mark Hunter told me prior to 09 draft:
Amid great pre-draft debate over who's better - John Tavares or Matt Duchene - Hunter said Kadri deserved to be mentioned in same breath.
Not saying I'd take Kadri over JT - I wouldn't, always believed JT is one of NHL's elite talents - but Hunter's words always stuck with me.

I've been a fan but I am not that blind. If he can get close to that, I'm a happy camper.

ECanuck

Jan 7, 2010
Hamilton
Why not try Nazem at the 1C spot? He's not exactly weak defensively and he could give that little extra push to JVR and Kessel.

Slot Bozak back to the 3C position and use him as the shutdown centre.

He is not ready yet. At least a full 82 game season under Carlyle's guidance before he gets thrown to the wolves I would think.

Also needs to get stronger on faceoffs.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
In honor of Nazem Kadri's hat trick tonight/emergence this year in TOR, I recall what London GM Mark Hunter told me prior to 09 draft:
Amid great pre-draft debate over who's better - John Tavares or Matt Duchene - Hunter said Kadri deserved to be mentioned in same breath.
Not saying I'd take Kadri over JT - I wouldn't, always believed JT is one of NHL's elite talents - but Hunter's words always stuck with me.

I've been a fan but I am not that blind. If he can get close to that, I'm a happy camper.

It'd be awesome if two years down the line we realize we have a guy who grew into a Giroux type center in Nazem Kadri. One game at a time.

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
It'd be awesome if two years down the line we realize we have a guy who grew into a Giroux type center in Nazem Kadri. One game at a time.

We can hope man, we can really hope. He has insane skill for sure.

Also I remembered this thanks to stevedangle:
Screen%20shot%202012-09-28%20at%202.15.09%20PM.png

Screen%20shot%202012-09-28%20at%201.58.43%20PM.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad