Post-Game Talk: We shouldn't have signed Miller. Canucks lose 6-2

Jun 15, 2014
This is the scary thing.

At the end of the day, I don't feel 100% comfortable with any of our goalies.

But I definitely feel most comfortable with Miller. And I feel pretty comfortable with Lack as a backup.e

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
i think just about any human with 2 arms or animal capable of standing on its hind legs for an extended period of time could have done better than vey on that 2 man advantage, justifying his performance is just :shakehead - especially in light of the treatment Kassian received all season. Unreal really, both the coaching staff, management and posters on this board. A really sick mentality based on inequity and favorites.

It's not about favoring Vey... it's just about an RH forward. Like TPM said, everybody would be all over Hansen if he missed a chance on the PP, 'cause that's just how it is here.

The only other option is to change the PP system and put any other forward instead of Vey as the net presence guy, but that hasn't worked for almost 3 full years because we lack a real PP D-man and the Sedins are no longer shooting threats from their own side.

3 RH 1-3-1 is the way to go now that we have Vrbata.

Rotting Corpse*

Sep 20, 2003
Kelowna, BC
Well, we will see. Miller is out for a while still and I don't expect to see much more of Markstrom. I'm honestly a bit surprised we didn't pick up like Chad Johnson or somebody at the deadline.

Hopefully the D gets healthy and Lack straightens it out. I am confident he can.

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
A positive to this monstrosity:

Henrik Sedin now has 59pts in 63GP.

He's 4th in the league for assists and leads the Western Conference.

He's also our 3rd highest goalscorer.

He's only 8pts back from the Art Ross with games in hand.

Oh Captain my Captain.

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
Well, we will see. Miller is out for a while still and I don't expect to see much more of Markstrom. I'm honestly a bit surprised we didn't pick up like Chad Johnson or somebody at the deadline.

Hopefully the D gets healthy and Lack straightens it out. I am confident he can.

Chad Johnson is trash, he's not much better than Markstrom.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
What evidence is there to say he can? He's started 4 games in a row, and played 5 (in relief) and 3 starts have been absolute trash. I will laud him for Boston and he played well in relief tonight and in NYI but the Buffalo, New Jersey and St Louis games were bad.

He's just as, if not more, hot and cold as Miller is.

He's had a couple bad games, but it's hardly because he's tired. It's a hilariously small sample size and Miller had had multiple poor stretches this year. It happens, and at this point your attempts to claim causation over correlation are incredibly premature.

His save % is .921 since Miller was hurt. He's been erratic but not poor.

Jun 15, 2014
A positive to this monstrosity:

Henrik Sedin now has 59pts in 63GP.

He's 4th in the league for assists and leads the Western Conference.

He's also our 3rd highest goalscorer.

He's only 8pts back from the Art Ross with games in hand.

Oh Captain my Captain.

What if he actually ends up winning the Art Ross?

Jabba The Hutton

Nucks STH
Jul 28, 2009
UBC
This was basically a throwaway game, I was there.

Markstrom had little to no chance on the 3 goals, it was post, off glass into slot, post. But he was definitely rattled and seemed like he pulled himself.

So in a way, I considered it to be like a 3-2 game. Sharks definitely should have won based on the brutal turnovers (mostly from the bad play of Glendening and Dorsett).

Vrbata was very passive in the game, there were multiple points where he seemed to pull up on a chance to win the puck, but maybe that was just me.

Horvat and Kenins brought the most energy again, and Hansen had some nice fore-checking plays. They resulted in a few offensive chances for sure.

BB6

Feb 14, 2012
Canada
yw7Nh1l.jpg

This is fantastic. :laugh:

a tad large though lol

Rotting Corpse*

Sep 20, 2003
Kelowna, BC
Henrik hits 15 goals for the first time since 2010-11, and there's still 19 left to play. Pretty cool. Would be neat for him to put up a 20 goal season after last year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad