Post-Game Talk: We shouldn't have signed Miller. Canucks lose 6-2

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
how about the people who are saying Lack isn't a starting goalie on a playoff team? What about those folks? What about people like myself who were initially critical of the Miller signing and now respect the stability Miller has brought?

Lack is a east-west passers wet dream. His lateral movement can best be described as awkward and thats being generous. Lacks stamina is clearly also an issue, he simply breaks down after too many successive starts. His mental game also leaves something to be desired, his "I don't know what i'm doing out there" is almost at Bryzgalov level of quotability.

Or, you know, it's just the language barrier. Lack's English clearly isn't as refined as Hank and Danny's yet.

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
Except there's zero evidence at this point that Lack can't handle a heavy workload.

What evidence is there to say he can? He's started 4 games in a row, and played 5 (in relief) and 3 starts have been absolute trash. I will laud him for Boston and he played well in relief tonight and in NYI but the Buffalo, New Jersey and St Louis games were bad.

He's just as, if not more, hot and cold as Miller is.

FloydTheBarber

Aug 10, 2006
I can't believe Vey's powerplay time (4:59). I don't even think he'll be scratched anytime soon.

Willie has stated how he likes to go with what he's done in practices and not who's hot or having a good game.

Well Vey has that going for him since he's never been on a hot streak. :cry:

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
I can't believe Vey's powerplay time (4:59). I don't even think he'll be scratched anytime soon.

Willie has stated how he likes to go with what he's done in practices and not who's hot or having a good game.

Vey was only given that power-play spot because Kassian didn't play. Just need a right-hander there and our only other option is Hansen.

Booshami

Apr 19, 2012
Vancouver

Would of liked to see Horvat or Bonino on that 1st PP line

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
Vey was only given that power-play spot because Kassian didn't play. Just need a right-hander there and our only other option is Hansen.

God knows if Hansen was put out there people would complain just as much.

The injuries are catching up to us and we outplayed them for a long time.

Get healthy and it will get better.

Jimson Hogarth*

Nov 21, 2013

yea the right hander thing is really working out...

meanwhile bonino starves on the 2nd pp....

Willy: "Well at least theres a right handed shot out there, like we practised...real good"

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver

Willy: "Well at least theres a right handed shot out there, like we practised...real good"

This isn't a new thing. It's been constant for years. Having 4 LHS on a PP doesn't work for us.

Rotting Corpse*

Sep 20, 2003
Kelowna, BC
What evidence is there to say he can? He's started 4 games in a row, and played 5 (in relief) and 3 starts have been absolute trash. I will laud him for Boston and he played well in relief tonight and in NYI but the Buffalo, New Jersey and St Louis games were bad.

I agree that there really isn't any evidence that he can.

But I mean, talk about putting a guy in a position to fail. The cluster**** of last season and then this year he plays behind the Comets D. I am confident that if you gave him 10 of 12 starts or something with a mostly healthy D, he'd post a Sv% as well as if not better than Miller's.

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
God knows if Hansen was put out there people would complain just as much.

The injuries are catching up to us and we outplayed them for a long time.

Get healthy and it will get better.

Exactly :)

Name me another one of our setups that has produced as much as the 3 RH 1-3-1 setup.

People just throw out names of players they think would work that game or that week but don't know how it'd work strategy wise.

Our first unit has produced well overall. This setup, whether it's with Vey or Kassian, would be lethal if we had an actual threat from the point. It's proven to be one of the better setups around the league. Vrbata probably could have 3-4 more PP goals himself if Edler could give him a half-decent one-timer pass.

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
I just want to get healthy and get Dorsett and Vey out of the lineup.

D. Sedin - H. Sedin - Burrows
Higgins - Bonino - Vrbata (Bleh, but it's all we have left)
Matthias - Richardson - Kassian
Kenins - Horvat - Hansen

3 of those lines are proven to work.

Jimson Hogarth*

Nov 21, 2013

But I mean, talk about putting a guy in a position to fail. The cluster**** of last season and then this year he plays behind the Comets D. I am confident that if you gave him 10 of 12 starts or something with a mostly healthy D, he'd post a Sv% as well as if not better than Miller's.

i'd take that bet. unfortunate but this guy will be in Sweden playing for Orms or some backwater like that. Adios!

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver

I don't necessarily disagree but we've never been on the fortunate side of the injury line. I want to be confident in Lack and see him seize the position but he's looking worse than last year, I'm hoping it's just a sophmore slump.

Jimson Hogarth*

Nov 21, 2013
Exactly :)

Name me another one of our setups that has produced as much as the 3 RH 1-3-1 setup.

People just throw out names of players they think would work that game or that week but don't know how it'd work strategy wise.

Our first unit has produced well overall. This setup, whether it's with Vey or Kassian, would be lethal if we had an actual threat from the point. Vrbata probably could have 3-4 PP goals more alone if Edler could give him a half-decent one-timer pass.

i think just about any human with 2 arms or animal capable of standing on its hind legs for an extended period of time could have done better than vey on that 2 man advantage, justifying his performance is just :shakehead - especially in light of the treatment Kassian received all season. Unreal really, both the coaching staff, management and posters on this board. A really sick mentality based on inequity and favorites.

opendoor

Dec 12, 2006
Lack's played like half of the starts like come on mang

And yet he still has more wins against playoff teams than Miller does this season.

The fact that Miller has looked as bad as he has this year with his creampuff workload is pretty amazing actually.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013

did you just admit miller is inconsistent and has been this season???

:amazed::amazed:

Jimson Hogarth*

Nov 21, 2013
And yet he still has more wins against playoff teams than Miller does this season.

The fact that Miller has looked as bad as he has this year with his creampuff workload is pretty amazing actually.

Lack woulda melted by now with 40+ starts. Sorry to say.

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC

This is the scary thing.

At the end of the day, I don't feel 100% comfortable with any of our goalies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad