We really need another defenseman

seabass45

Jan 12, 2007
The man behind Eklund, I'm sure he's a nice guy. In regards to his rumors, what's his success rate? It's got to be below 10% correct.

I'm not going to defend the guy but when it comes to rumors, it's all a low success rate. I wouldn't be surprised if the Isles inquired about Krug. These rumors make sense, Isles inquiring about d-men on teams with cap trouble, probably aiming higher and the other teams coming back with guys like McQuaid. Eklund's problem is that his value is entirely dependent on keeping the rumor mill going, and so he has to report EVERY rumor he hears. The other insiders can talk hockey whenever the rumor mill is quieting down, Eklund can't.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
I'm not going to defend the guy but when it comes to rumors, it's all a low success rate. I wouldn't be surprised if the Isles inquired about Krug. These rumors make sense, Isles inquiring about d-men on teams with cap trouble, probably aiming higher and the other teams coming back with guys like McQuaid. Eklund's problem is that his value is entirely dependent on keeping the rumor mill going, and so he has to report EVERY rumor he hears. The other insiders can talk hockey whenever the rumor mill is quieting down, Eklund can't.

My complaint with Eklund is not that he throws everything against the wall, waiting to see what sticks, but that I think he makes up crap.

After the NY press reported the isles had 16 forwards signed and wanted to move a couple, Eklund reported they were trying to sign Devin Setoguchi .

seabass45

Jan 12, 2007
My complaint with Eklund is not that he throws everything against the wall, waiting to see what sticks, but that I think he makes up crap.

After the NY press reported the isles had 16 forwards signed and wanted to move a couple, Eklund reported they were trying to sign Devin Setoguchi .

Oh, that's bad.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad