Post-Game Talk (GBU): We picked up the win

Hasek

Jan 2, 2013
Reinhart, Eichel, Sobotka, Mitts were solid. Everyone else was trash.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
Best 3 players were 1. Reinhart 2. Eichel 3. Dahlin

Worst players were Sobotka, Tage, and...one other defenceman maybe Bogo

As a team, good first 10 minutes, awful 2nd period, and good 3rd period.

Far from perfect but better than the last few games for sure.

debaser66

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2012
G: Reinhart
Dahlin
Eichel

B: Kyle O
Thompson

U: Sobotka
Housley

GellMann

Dec 16, 2014
Lancaster NY
I am sick of the reliance on Sobotka.
When guys like him and Marco and often Risto are on the ice, they spend the entire time in their zone. Somehow in our management's eyes a high volume of defensive minutes equates to proficiency in defensive play. When in reality, the best defensive players rarely have to play defense.

Sure, when Vlad is out there, they manage to snuff out some amount of chances - his goal differential is comfortably negative, but maybe not egregious for that role - but the chasing and garbage hockey the team plays every time he's on the ice doesn't just get reset to zero when a better line comes out. That stuff wears the team down all game and makes us worse for it.

GrierIsGod123

Oct 22, 2009
Orchard Park
I think that may have been Sam's best game this year. Dominant. A goal, a primary apple, and nearly had two more primaries.
Was just coming to say the same. He was super impressive tonight. He really needs his own line and seems to have chemistry with Mitts. Just makes me wish our idiot coach tried some of these things earlier in the year.

Reactions: oldgoalie

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
Love that he played such a great game and drove his own line. They need to keep that trio together.

Just a reminder they played together earlier in the year, and believe they played in the first couple games of the 10 game atreak. This was when Mittelstadt was playing his best.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
The overmatched Sabres, led by Sam The Reinonhart scratched and clawed their way to an epic victory that will change the course of the season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad