Post-Game Talk (GBU): We picked up the win

Gras

Mar 21, 2014
Phoenix
I like how at the start of every OT game we've had people post and act surprised about it being Eichel and Sheary when its been that way to start pretty much every OT this season.

GellMann

Dec 16, 2014
Lancaster NY
IIRC, Skinner's OT results over the last decade or so haven't been pretty, I think that's why Housley does that. Same with the shootout.

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
I like how at the start of every OT game we've had people post and act surprised about it being Eichel and Sheary when its been that way to start pretty much every OT this season.
Yeah it was a bit too much to anticipate that after changing the lines up that Phil would also change up the 3 on 3 combinations.

After all, they have also been working so well for us.....:sarcasm: :laugh:

Gras

Mar 21, 2014
Phoenix
Yeah it was a bit too much to anticipate that after changing the lines up that Phil would also change up the 3 on 3 combinations.

After all, they have also been working so well for us.....:sarcasm: :laugh:
Except people have posted like that every single game, and act surprised every time, like they've never seen it before.

Willgamesh

Jan 31, 2019
G:Dahls,Samson,Eichs
B:Ullmark injury
FU:Sobotka Tired of seeing him on the ice in crucial situations.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
IIRC, Skinner's OT results over the last decade or so haven't been pretty, I think that's why Housley does that. Same with the shootout.

Leads team in OT goals.

Its just plain stupidity to not have him on the ice. You win/lose with your best players....

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
Just got back home from the game. I’m now 6-3 when going :5:

Reinhart was awesome tonight. And not just the points he picked up. He was setting plays and feeding opportunities all over the place. Something he usually does most games. But adding an assist, a goal and a game winning shootout winner, it’s no wonder he was named 1st star!

Ullmark was pretty solid most of the game. A few miscues but also some tremendous saves that gave them the opportunity to win.

Jack looked good tonight too. He really kept his line moving most of the game.

Except for a couple mistakes, I thought Dahlin had a solid game overall.

Good to see CJ get rewarded with his hussle.

Poms is shot. Sobotka is shot.

MayDayMayDay

But what is grief, if not love persevering?
Feb 22, 2012
Peoria, AZ
Good win. Sam, Eichs, Dahlin, Mitts, Skinny, Ullmark were all great. Rest of the team struggled at times. But hey, it bears repeating. Good win. :)

Thursday IS the biggest game of the year. Absolute, unequivocal. MUST win.

Enjoy it tonight. Next two days, it's all Carolina. Come out flying and take it to em for a full 60 minutes.

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
stomach of giant parasitic worm
Sam was a super star and the best player on the ice tonight. He could easily drive his own line now.
This is definitely the Good that came out of this game. He can drive his own line from the wing..A very subtle player whose talent is overlooked..Skinner had good effort but didnt click yet with new line.. Eichel best player on the ice and isnt back at level before he was out, great effort shorthanded.. I like Kyle effort but cant hang so far on line .. We will see..
Ullmark waa better than Dubnyk.. nice.. he is so calm..minimum movement..
Nothing ugly about sweepin series from Wild for first time ever..
The only ugly is the attitude of Gdt thread.. We remain truly in the hunt for playoffs with 5 rookies and alot of guys 24 and under..If we werent so young , we win by 4 and it isnt close.. Our checking and D up until pulling goalie was excellent.. until it wasnt.. Dahlin is as calm as Ullmark.. The officials are from WWE..

Last edited:

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
To be fair, all but one of his OT goals are PP goals. His ES results in OT are, historically, not good.

I really dont think this is an argument... best players on ice in OT ... especially considering the drop off in talent this team has on forwards after Jack, Sam and Mitts.

Revelate

Apr 10, 2011
While I like Reinhart with Mitts I hate Okposo with Rodrigues and particular Smith. Smith’s game is all about high energy, balls to the wall 40 second shifts where he creates as much havoc as possible by getting the puck to dangerous areas. Okposo just drags things down in the mud.

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
stomach of giant parasitic worm
While I like Reinhart with Mitts I hate Okposo with Rodrigues and particular Smith. Smith’s game is all about high energy, balls to the wall 40 second shifts where he creates as much havoc as possible by getting the puck to dangerous areas. Okposo just drags things down in the mud.
His injury has relegated him to Berglund role w larry and girgs..Sad he has flashes..

GellMann

Dec 16, 2014
Lancaster NY
I really dont think this is an argument... best players on ice in OT ... especially considering the drop off in talent this team has on forwards after Jack, Sam and Mitts.
The Sabres don't regularly use Skinner in either and are far better in OT and the shootout this season than in recent years, from what I can tell. It works, and it has a justifiable reason, so.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad