We need better goalie

Adityase

Mar 27, 2002
Troy, MI
Visit site
Bump. .970 and two goals allowed over two games.

1. I think Howard's perfectly fine, so in essence I agree with the sentiment.
2. Two games... not very persuasive.
3. Only the playoffs matter. He needs to get to the 3rd round to deserve more love. And yes, he doesn't deserve the hate. But these boards are full of haters/complainers. More than in the fanbase for sure. Try to ignore it.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
1. I think Howard's perfectly fine, so in essence I agree with the sentiment.
2. Two games... not very persuasive.
3. Only the playoffs matter. He needs to get to the 3rd round to deserve more love. And yes, he doesn't deserve the hate. But these boards are full of haters/complainers. More than in the fanbase for sure. Try to ignore it.

I agree Jimmy Howard was pretty stellar last season against Nashville, Botton line was his teammate did'nt give him any scoring support when your only scoring 1 or 2 goals a game your not going to win much and Pekka Rinne was standing on his head for Nashville during that series and pretty much shut Detroit down and the Defnesive lapses did'nt help either. And a couple years ago with the Series against both Phoenix and San Jose both Franzen and Zetterberg were playing hurt limiting our chances

Adityase

Mar 27, 2002
Troy, MI
Visit site
I agree Jimmy Howard was pretty stellar last season against Nashville, Botton line was his teammate did'nt give him any scoring support when your only scoring 1 or 2 goals a game your not going to win much and Pekka Rinne was standing on his head for Nashville during that series and pretty much shut Detroit down and the Defnesive lapses did'nt help either. And a couple years ago with the Series against both Phoenix and San Jose both Franzen and Zetterberg were playing hurt limiting our chances

Totally agree with you. I'm just saying he has done what he needed to... and irrational love will only come if he gets to the 3rd round or the final. But until then or understanding the team isn't the automatic WCF team is used to be... let's not hate on a pretty damn good goalie. I wonder how many of you remember the Hanlon/Stefan days. Which caused Cheveldae, a pretty pedestrian goalie, to be practically a godsend in these parts.

Adityase

Mar 27, 2002
Troy, MI
Visit site
And honestly... if we weren't so bad for so long, 97 wouldn't have been as sweet as it was. Let's try to remember that. This is the best team over the last 19 straight years in any sport. Seriously. Since 1994 until this year they've been a legitimate contender every year for the cup (maybe not last year... but who could say that with Lids on the roster). No team has done that in my lifetime. The Pats were in the SB in 1996 (two years after the Wings were a cup contender running) and that year was a fluke. The Yankees were crap for half of the time the Wings have been on this run. Seriously people. The complaining/whining here makes it not fun to be here. And watching hockey is supposed to be fun. Especially when your team is one of the best managed in all of sports.

DatsyukToZetterberg

Alligator!
Apr 3, 2011
Island of Tortuga
Right now I believe he has a .937 es sv%, which is good for 3rd in the league, his PP sv% is .842, which is on the way up believe it or not and just for completeness his SH sv% is .897. He's really turned it on and take out the 1st week or 2 of games and he is top 10 for pretty much everything.

Though looking at the stats he has an ugly streak of games from Feb 13-Feb 21, but his save percentage the past month has been .939. That's a pretty damn good month of games from Jimmy.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
I get the feeling we'll extend him, but I hope not for more than 4 years tops. Mrazek is progressing nicely and paying 5M or more a year to keep Mrazek as a backup (or have Howard as a backup) seems like a bad idea.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
I get the feeling we'll extend him, but I hope not for more than 4 years tops. Mrazek is progressing nicely and paying 5M or more a year to keep Mrazek as a backup (or have Howard as a backup) seems like a bad idea.

They already said that It will be either a 6 or 7 year deal for Howard, We just wont know until he signs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad