Post-Game Talk: We lost, let's talk about it

Zephyr666

Apr 17, 2013
So we really need to be vigilant while watching hockey games with our kids.

When a Sens player hits Eller in the head, we need to be quick to cover their eyes. When they target Subban and Gally, cover their eyes again.

When Ryder skates by and does not finish a check, lets buy our kids popcorn as a reward for seeing that type of behavior.

Amazing.

They can see the cheapshots , there is no worry as they will likely get some if they play hockey. Teach them to react properly, by hitting (or fighting) instead of countering with some ******s cheapshots. Teach the young kids who have Habs' role models that their players can act properly even if they get cheapshoted.

This should be an organizational philosophy. Let's not forget this is just a game after all and i really don't buy injuring other players.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Subbans was really stupid. The best player on the team and he jumped Turris who had no intention of fighting. Everyone on and off the ice knows Turris is not a fighter. I dont know if Subban just had bad judgment, or he wanted out of the game and was going for the ejection. And pounding on Turris on the ground, aside from being dirty, he risks getting a suspension...a really bad move considering he is his teams best chance of success.

White....That was moronic. Even with emotions running high, you dont pull a stunt like that, not with that Ottawa line. 1st of all you have no chance of winning a fight with anyone on the ice, secondly, your committing the other Habs on the ice to engage against opponents who could seriously beat them down. Your not going to win, your not going to make a point, your not going to swing momentum...

Had that big brawl not happened, and Ottawa still win, Habs and the fans would still have some confidence, but the shenanigans did nothing but fill everyones head with doubt and concern.
Subban just lost it. Turris gave him a crosscheck and that was it...

I agree it was dumb but man, I'd be frutstrated too. 2 seconds into the game he goes for a hit and gets a stick in the mouth with the ref watching. No penalty, no nothing... just a horribly reffed game.

Anyways, you are correct of course. He can't do that kind of thing. He lost his composure (the whole team did) and there's no excuse.

RealityBytes

Trash Remover
Feb 11, 2013
I still don't understand how Subban would still have to go to the box for high sticking since pageau scored right after. It would either be no goal because of the penalty OR a delayed one which is ended with the goal.

Also the bourque diving call was a joke. Two huge moments where the habs momentum got killed by bad calls. The refs took us out of this game and we reacted poorly. There is no way a sens fan could be unhappy with the reffing in this series. The habs better make the score board their priority. Enough is enough

He got two minor penalties ... that is what they said on air.

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
The Habs have been drug down that road by the Sens.

Habs will get pounded regardless of whether they go after Karlsson or not. At least go down with a fight and with some pride.

This! I wholeheartedly agree, sir.

He got two minor penalties ... that is what they said on air.

4 minutes for drawing blood... two taken away as a result of the goal.

Last edited by a moderator:

HTTP 400

Sep 1, 2007
Embrace victim-hood. It is better to always be the victim. This is what Montreal Canadiens hockey has become. Victims. Therrien is reinforcing it with his victim press conference.

And a lot of fans love the role of being a victim. Never encourage a Canadiens player for standing up and fighting. Call them selfish and stupid.

Victims rock!!!!!!!!!

Hey, try to understand that the world isn't divided between "toughness fans" and "softness fans".

Kingbobert

Jul 15, 2005
Montreal
honestly even if we lose the series i wont be mad cause i'm confident in the management

they're not gainey or goat who will sit on their ass and do nothing, MB will go and get the grit and size we need.

some players wont be with us anymore next year, but thats fine all those that deserve to stay will still be here

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
There, you got your answer. Prust is wise, he knows Neil wants to get the crowd going and declines to drop the gloves.

You mix up things. Prust declined to drop at first because the timing wasn't good.

Later in game, circumstances changed and Prust wanted to spark his teammates. Neil declined, because his team was in control and didn't want to risk anything.

Fighting is strategic. A good fighter doesn't fight for fun, he fights to help his team.

That's also why White's fight and Subban's fight were stupid. They weren't fights to help the team, they were selfish fights.

But I liked it. Better lose fighting than by being passive. That's what the Habs never did in recent years.

Only problem with White is that he didn't fight the guy who he slashed, he fought the guy that jumped him from behind, mastodont Cowan.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
honestly even if we lose the series i wont be mad cause i'm confident in the management

they're not gainey or goat who will sit on their ass and do nothing, MB will go and get the grit and size we need.

some players wont be with us anymore next year, but thats fine all those that deserve to stay will still be here

I hope you're right. It was a good, surprising year, really.

JetFan4Ever

May 23, 2010
The Habs have been drug down that road by the Sens.

We can surrender and continue to let them drag our players down the road. They targeted Subban with a cross check to the neck and we did nothing about it.

The Habs were rewarded for that by getting jumped in a line fight with Neil, Smith and Kassian.

Habs will get pounded regardless of whether they go after Karlsson or not. At least go down with a fight and with some pride.

First off I want to state as my avatar says I'm a Jets fan so I think I can be fairly impartial, however, I will be up front and say I live in Ottawa.

Did you happen to watch how the line fight started? The whole thing kicked off because of a wicked slash to the back of the legs by White.

Moreover, I don't think it's accurate to say that Subban was targeted with a cross check as he was the one that initiated the hit. He was looking to crush the guy.

Cheap shots and targeting the area of a player that is coming back from Major surgury does not a lot of pride make.

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
I have a very bad concern about last night...

When the line brawl started, the majority of our players where still sitting on the bench while all the sens bench were standing up and cheering.... I mean, your teammates are fighting for the honor of your team, why not stand up and cheer like any other team? I ****ing hate that. We have a team full of players with soft attitude.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
First off I want to state as my avatar says I'm a Jets fan so I think I can be fairly impartial, however, I will be up front and say I live in Ottawa.

Did you happen to watch how the line fight started? The whole thing kicked off because of a wicked slash to the back of the legs by White.

Moreover, I don't think it's accurate to say that Subban was targeted with a cross check as he was the one that initiated the hit. He was looking to crush the guy.

Cheap shots and targeting the area of a player that is coming back from Major surgury does not a lot of pride make.

You might want to retivo it. White slashed the guy after getting crosschecked, then did the stand up thing and went with whoever wanted to.

White is not blameless in this and he caught a beating from cowen, but the notion that he slashed a guy off the drop unprovoked is just not true.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
Lrlt6gR.png

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
Hey, try to understand that the world isn't divided between "toughness fans" and "softness fans".

True.

Lets just say that there are people with self respect and pride vs people who have no concept of self respect or any idea what pride and taking a stand means.

I am sure that there are plenty of Church hockey leagues where turning the other cheek and being a good sport about it is encouraged. Too bad its not the NHL.

Better?

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011

Fine. Let White fight the guy he slashed.

But instead, Cowan jumped White and then Neil jumped Moen and then Kassian jumped Armstrong and Smith jumped Boullion. Not sure who started the Phillips and Tinordi fight.

Interesting your last statement when it is placed right next to the statement that its OK for Subban to get cross-checked in the neck because he was about to legally hit a player.

There is a word for that.............

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston
As much as we played badly, it is so true that the refs let the game go in that direction. They didn't call the things they should have and made joke calls like embellishment on Bourque when the guy got RIGHT back up and kept trying to make the play. Is was total BS. When you have a game like that when the refs won't protect you while calling you for bs, I can understand why PK and other reacted like that. I was at the game and I was furious with the reffing and when they pushed back, at least I knew that they had heart.

Talk about toughness all you want, but that game was horribly reffed - they put players in dangerous positions, total bush league.

That said, our PP sucks. Markov, DD, Patches...wtf?

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston
Fine. Let White fight the guy he slashed.

But instead, Cowan jumped White and then Neil jumped Moen and then Kassian jumped Armstrong and Smith jumped Boullion. Not sure who started the Phillips and Tinordi fight.

So true. And Therrien also found it ridiculous that we put out THAT line to fight. They had last change. They WANTED that and yeah, they DID initiate it. It just comes off as us trying to goon it up. Sens are cheap and it starts with Paulrus. He is a bush league coach. I really hope Therrien's experience has taught him what we need to do.

Can't wait for the hotstove's setting up of our series in 2 mins... this should be fun.

DJ Breadman

Jan 18, 2011
Newfoundland

When the line brawl started, the majority of our players where still sitting on the bench while all the sens bench were standing up and cheering.... I mean, your teammates are fighting for the honor of your team, why not stand up and cheer like any other team? I ****ing hate that. We have a team full of players with soft attitude.

I agree but this isn't new man, ever since chris nilan retired that has pretty much been the identity of the team and we've won nothing

Feb 20, 2012
Calgary
So true. And Therrien also found it ridiculous that we put out THAT line to fight. They had last change. They WANTED that and yeah, they DID initiate it. It just comes off as us trying to goon it up. Sens are cheap and it starts with Paulrus. He is a bush league coach. I really hope Therrien's experience has taught him what we need to do.

Can't wait for the hotstove's setting up of our series in 2 mins... this should be fun.

F*#k all these wimps. They want a line brawl. Fine, your top 4 scrappers can beat ours. We want a line brawl with the next line. Too bad so sad let's pound them. I'm sick of this wimp stuff. PK and Gally did what they all should have done. Bourque tried. They can initiate one then so can we.

habsfantoronto

Ducks GM
Oct 5, 2006
Can I just say thank you to you all for being the only clear headed people in the hockey world. All day I've read or heard about how the Habs are goons now and classless. Are you ****ing kidding me? I seriously dislike most Leaf fans I meet these days. They have barely watched a hockey game in a decade and all of a sudden they're the most all knowing hockey fans in the world.

It's seriously very upsetting being surrounded by idiots. I wish my French was half-decent because I'd pick up and move to Quebec in a second.

Whoever said a large number of Leaf fans were knowledgeable was mistaken. I don't see it.

So thanks for being light in the darkness that is the Toronto hockey community.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
I agree but this isn't new man, ever since chris nilan retired that has pretty much been the identity of the team and we've won nothing

I wouldn't read too too much into that - it was probably because they were losing, tired, on the road and frustrated. Morale must've been really, really low.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad