Post-Game Talk: We lost, let's talk about it

HeShootsHeScores

Mar 17, 2009
i have zero problem with a team trying to establish itself at the very first opportunity on the road.

not every attempt of a big hit is going to work out, take the bad with the good. if this was emelin, people would be cheering.

I think it is totally called for that a team with the reputation of being soft or smurfs does what it can to change that perception asap. if subban connects without having to go through a stick first, who knows what happens ?

**** the "perception". Feed your pride with goals and great plays, not useless hits. Lot more risk than reward with that attempt by subban.

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
And I gotta say I was not pleased at all with Subban trying a big hit at the start of the game. It was totally uncalled for. When you're the away team, you have to be more in control than this. He was trying way too hard. Hope he'll fix this for next game.

Wow... I sometimes believe some of our fans deserved the lifeless, inept management team this team had in the past few years.

Mr_Lyle

Apr 5, 2007
Psychologically speaking, it's much better to deflate a team by barely winning the game (like the Pens did to the Isles) than it is to embarrass them like what happened last night. Especially taking that timeout at the end. I have a feeling this is gonna come back to bite the Sens in the ass tomorrow.

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
**** the "perception". Feed your pride with goals and great plays, not useless hits. Lot more risk than reward with that attempt by subban.

Yeah I wish he'd follow the lead of our captain and did nothing of particular importance throughout the game. We sure need a bunch of players like this.

PricerStopDaPuck

Jun 30, 2012
I hope we destroy Ottawa. On the scoreboard when will this team figure out the are as scary as a box full of kittens

PKarey Plekoretty

Nov 16, 2011
Psychologically speaking, it's much better to deflate a team by barely winning the game (like the Pens did to the Isles) than it is to embarrass them like what happened last night. Especially taking that timeout at the end. I have a feeling this is gonna come back to bite the Sens in the ass tomorrow.

I agree with this

As much of a piss of that game was last night, I feel like we would have been a far more deflated team this morning if we battled back from down 2 in the 3rd period, only to lose in OT

I also agree with the last sentence. I was happy when I saw that at the end of the game, at least Therrien can try and use that to further drive the point home that Maclean and the Sens have zero respect for the Habs (like pretending to not know Diaz' name after game 1) and hopefully light a fire under their *****

Habs need to get back to their game though

The way I saw game 2, the Habs were super aggressive, but more in a "fight back" kind of way, and not backing down from the Sens. Last night the Habs tried to initiate things too much I thought. Stick with the the speed, aggresive forecheck, good board play and cycling, and lots of traffic in front of Anderson and we can go back home tied 2-2

Mr_Lyle

Apr 5, 2007
I hope we destroy Ottawa. On the scoreboard when will this team figure out the are as scary as a box full of kittens

You can be sure that Therrien will have them concentrate on playing hockey tomorrow rather than continuing with the cheap shots and fighting. He might be a hothead but he's not stupid. Don't expect anything out of the ordinary tomorrow except maybe a Prust Gryba fight. It's all gonna be straight up hockey come puck drop.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
I can pretty much guarantee Marc Bergevin is going to be addressing the entire team in a meeting about this series going forward. They will be mentally ready, and it will come down to just going on the ice and performing in the way they did the first two games.

If they do that, I see absolutely no reason why they won't win this series.

googlymoogly

Oct 27, 2007
What I think of main board
spitting-llama-o.gif

MasterDecoy

Who took my beer?
May 4, 2010
Beijing
Am I crazy in thinking Subban has been better then KArlsson this series? Subban has been dominant where as KArlsson has been meh.

subban was meh last game, but for game 1 and game 2 he was the best skater on both team. playoff subban is something else.

doesn't mean karlsson is crap or anything, he's almost certainly not in game shape yet but imo subban has clearly been better

Habit11

Dec 18, 2009
Would like to see these lines tomorrow:

Max Pleks Ryder
Bourque Desh Gallagher
Galchenyuk Prust Gionta
Moen Halpern White

Plekanec does not need to play the shutdown role he usually plays because the Sens don't have a dominate offensive line that will win games for them. They've had trouble scoring all year. He's our best center give him the best scoring wingers and go out and win a game by dominating whatever line they go up against.

As for the defence, Markov has become so aggressive trying to breakup plays in the neutral zone or the opposing blueline it's resulting in numerous quality chances the other way. Is the coaching staff not seeing this repeatedly happen for a month now? He needs to play less aggressive and play with a stay at home type. Tinordi should move up with him, and Gorges with PK. No choice, imo. And for the life of me can't figure out why PK isn't playing the most mins shorthanded. The guy is a beast defensively and he's sitting on the bench during a 5 on 3 last night while Tinordi and Diaz are on the ice. Ridiculous. And Halpern needs to be in for the PK as well. He was great in game 2 in that role, and White can move to the wing, and with Eller out you need help defensively down the middle and on the draws. Galchenyuk is not ready for center when Therrien can't control the matchup.

HeShootsHeScores

Mar 17, 2009
Yeah I wish he'd follow the lead of our captain and did nothing of particular importance throughout the game. We sure need a bunch of players like this.

My points are :

1) We know Subban can lay huuuge hits, and it can be game changer. On that we agree, and BTW I'm a big fan of Subban (imo he is the crosby of defense). BUT, when I watched the game last night and I saw that he half assed attempted to lay a gigantic hit right at the start, I was sure it was gonna light a fire under the ass of every ottawa fans and players. And for sure it did. It would've been more effficient to lay a great hit instead of half-assing attempt to lay a desvastating hit. It sets the tone and it doesn't send the message to the other team to pick their weapon.

2) Our team sucks when it's time to play physical. It failed miserably as we all witnessed. He trolled a team that was more than ready to answer the call. Our team is injured and depleted. They were in no position to win the physical game without cheapshots.

1 + 2) Away teams often get away with the win when they play quiet but efficient hockey. Remember games 1 and 2 vs the bruins in 2011.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011

hits are not useless, i'm sorry they dont show up in the boxscore so that they have value to you.

There is absolutely NOTHING wrong with trying to establish physicality as early as possible, especially on the road.

are there risks of going overboard ? sure just as there are risks that players wont try these "useless" hits and get manhandled the rest of the game.

we scored on the gryba powerplay, so in your world we should be happy with that exchange, right ? because we " hurt them on the scoreboard" ? I'm sure that helps larry sleep at night.

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
What I think of main board
spitting-llama-o.gif

No kidding.

Subban would get knocked down by Turris and the roles would be reversed, it would be : "OMGZ GOOD ON TURRIS SUBBAN IS SUCH A ***** LOLZ 911"

Now that it's the other way around, everybody totally ignores how Turris put his stick right at Subban's face as if he was a tough guy. He got his ass handed to him more than any player in that game on both sides and it's a good thing.

HeShootsHeScores

Mar 17, 2009
hits are not useless, i'm sorry they dont show up in the boxscore so that they have value to you.

There is absolutely NOTHING wrong with trying to establish physicality as early as possible, especially on the road.

are there risks of going overboard ? sure just as there are risks that players wont try these "useless" hits and get manhandled the rest of the game.

we scored on the gryba powerplay, so in your world we should be happy with that exchange, right ? because we " hurt them on the scoreboard" ? I'm sure that helps larry sleep at night.

I don't get it. You watched the game last night right? Do you think larry slept better after the game?

Or maybe you wish we were the bruins or the leafs?

They shouldn't have tried to play a type of game they can't win. Just like you, I'm pissed with the outcome of last night's game, and just like you, I don't want it to happen again.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
I don't get it. You watched the game last night right? Do you think larry slept better after the game?

Or maybe you wish we were the bruins or the leafs?

They shouldn't have tried to play a type of game they can't win. Just like you, I'm pissed with the outcome of last night's game, and just like you, I don't want it to happen again.

we are small and soft, we have three mabey four guys who can hit and when one of the guys, who does not go out of his way, goes for a big hit you decry it as unecessary.

playing on the periphery and marshmallow soft wont get us anywhere. A type of hit like that at home is where discretion is the better part of valor, on the road not so much. I'm tired of the habs only relying on pushback, I want a team that takes the initiative when they can.

Subban took a good run at neil in game two, was that unnecessary as well ? or are these unnecessary hits only evaluated post facto and only when we end up losing ?

HeShootsHeScores

Mar 17, 2009
we are small and soft, we have three mabey four guys who can hit and when one of the guys, who does not go out of his way, goes for a big hit you decry it as unecessary.

playing on the periphery and marshmallow soft wont get us anywhere. A type of hit like that at home is where discretion is the better part of valor, on the road not so much. I'm tired of the habs only relying on pushback, I want a team that takes the initiative when they can.

Subban took a good run at neil in game two, was that unnecessary as well ? or are these unnecessary hits only evaluated post facto and only when we end up losing ?

I understand your point. Though it seems to me their game 2 win was intense, physical, yet somewhat calculated and efficient. And that hit to Neil in game 2, while it was fun at the moment, unleashed the beast in him in game 3. It's in the long run that I fear the habs might run out of gas. Neil showed up while Prust wasn't able to answer (he seems banged up).

Anyway let's just hope they find a way to win :cheers:

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
I understand your point. Though it seems to me their game 2 win was intense, physical, yet somewhat calculated and efficient. And that hit to Neil in game 2, while it was fun at the moment, unleashed the beast in him in game 3. It's in the long run that I fear the habs might run out of gas. Neil showed up while Prust wasn't able to answer (he seems banged up).

Anyway let's just hope they find a way to win :cheers:

neil certainly wanted to go and prust wanted nothing to do with it, whether its because he is hurt or that it wasnt the time to fight, I dont know. I wouldnt be surprised if his shoulder is wonky again. If he does not tussle with gryba, I think the writing is on the wall

We split at home where we played well enough to win both, if early ( really early) in game three, the first on the road, is not the time to send a physical message, Im not sure one exists.

yes we can play like mice and hope that nothing we do enrages players like neil to go into beast mode. or we can take the opportunities as they are presented and try to establish the team physically. if a guy has a sen lined up, I want him to hit him as hard as humanely possible consequences be damned. laying up on hits for fear of future reprecusssions is precisely what teams that get bounced in the first round do.

the series is so hard to predict, but game 4 will go a long way in making that decision.

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
neil certainly wanted to go and prust wanted nothing to do with it, whether its because he is hurt or that it wasnt the time to fight, I dont know. I wouldnt be surprised if his shoulder is wonky again. If he does not tussle with gryba, I think the writing is on the wall

We split at home where we played well enough to win both, if early ( really early) in game three, the first on the road, is not the time to send a physical message, Im not sure one exists.

yes we can play like mice and hope that nothing we do enrages players like neil to go into beast mode. or we can take the opportunities as they are presented and try to establish the team physically. if a guy has a sen lined up, I want him to hit him as hard as humanely possible consequences be damned. laying up on hits for fear of future reprecusssions is precisely what teams that get bounced in the first round do.

the series is so hard to predict, but game 4 will go a long way in making that decision.

LOL. You are so clueless on that it's not even funny. Prust dropped his stick and started shaked his gloves waiting for Neil to engage. That never happened. But don't let facts get in your way.

You guys are so getting out of your way to justify saying "Habs were intimidated". They were not. I don't know how much it could be any more clear to anyone that Prust was the one inviting Neil at 3-1, and Neil clearly declined by skating away. It was right in front of the benches... I mean. You had to be blind and deaf to not understand it.

HeShootsHeScores

Mar 17, 2009
LOL. You are so clueless on that it's not even funny. Prust dropped his stick and started shaked his gloves waiting for Neil to engage. That never happened. But don't let facts get in your way.

Prust is a warrior.

But the guy is hurt. He is gonna drop'em if necessary, but let's face it, he is sacrificing himself right now. He felt his team was humiliated and he wanted to do something about it. But he is banged up and completely out of gas.

When the game was not yet physcial, he didn't want to face Neil.

I don't expect him to be a huge factor in game 4. And it's not because I don't put my trust in him. It's juts that he seems so tired and alone in this fight.

25get

Nov 15, 2012
Montreal
White replied to Smith double-check with a slashing.
But Neil pretends that it was White that started this.

Subban - Turris: Turris did a double-check well after the whistle, then Subban turned around.

Sens are acting like they were attacked and they just defended themselves.

Did I see Kassian and Neil team up on Armstrong before Moen removed Neil.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011

You guys are so getting out of your way to justify saying "Habs were intimidated". They were not. I don't know how much it could be any more clear to anyone that Prust was the one inviting Neil at 3-1, and Neil clearly declined by skating away. It was right in front of the benches... I mean. You had to be blind and deaf to not understand it.

neil chased prust from the boards on a face off to the far post. where prust peeled off. I think we are talking about two different incidents but early in the game, neil was pushing the issue and prust said no thanks. I have no problem with neil saying no being up 2 later in the game when prust declined earlier in the game. Neils under no obligation to go then.

I'm sure they will have more chances to go, provided prust isnt injured.

Poulet Kostopoulos

Oct 23, 2009

When you do nothing, you don't make mistake. :sarcasm:

Seriously, when Habs lose, everything single little thing they did, from a hit to the coach answering a question from a journalist, is a "bad play" according to fans here. And everyone is a target of criticism, from MT to Galchenyuk (except Budaj, who did nothing).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad