Post-Game Talk: We lost, let's talk about it

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
White replied to Smith double-check with a slashing.
But Neil pretends that it was White that started this.

Subban - Turris: Turris did a double-check well after the whistle, then Subban turned around.

Sens are acting like they were attacked and they just defended themselves.

Did I see Kassian and Neil team up on Armstrong before Moen removed Neil.

Who cares? The Habs retaliated in a stupid way because they were completely frustrated and had given up. Bottom line.

Jumping guys because a team has gotten inside your head? That's gutless Boston Bruins hockey.

HTTP 400

Sep 1, 2007
neil certainly wanted to go and prust wanted nothing to do with it, whether its because he is hurt or that it wasnt the time to fight, I dont know.

There, you got your answer. Prust is wise, he knows Neil wants to get the crowd going and declines to drop the gloves.

LOL. You are so clueless on that it's not even funny. Prust dropped his stick and started shaked his gloves waiting for Neil to engage. That never happened. But don't let facts get in your way.

You mix up things. Prust declined to drop at first because the timing wasn't good.

Later in game, circumstances changed and Prust wanted to spark his teammates. Neil declined, because his team was in control and didn't want to risk anything.

Fighting is strategic. A good fighter doesn't fight for fun, he fights to help his team.

That's also why White's fight and Subban's fight were stupid. They weren't fights to help the team, they were selfish fights.

Poulet Kostopoulos

Oct 23, 2009
There, you got your answer. Prust is wise, he knows Neil wants to get the crowd going and declines to drop the gloves.

You mix up things. Prust declined to drop at first because the timing wasn't good.

Later in game, circumstances changed and Prust wanted to spark his teammates. Neil declined, because his team was in control and didn't want to risk anything.

Fighting is strategic. A good fighter doesn't fight for fun, he fights to help his team.

That's also why White's fight and Subban's fight were stupid. They weren't fights to help the team, they were selfish fights.

They fought when the game was out of reach. They fought to show they aren't soft, that they have character and are willing to defend themselves.

Real selfishness would be if Subban does not show up for the games because he's been targetted non-stop; it would be to take the easy way out and play invisible because it hurts to compete and to stay invisible while collecting his paycheck.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011

I agree that the start of the game was not the time to engage neil, but i'm not sure its not a combination of both, not the right time and also not 100%. I'm not sure his apparent willingness to go later on says that he is 100% healthy.

I'll give white and subban a pass as they were responding to questionable stick work, at least whitey went with cowen, but only white is a real fighter. I see gallager " going" with connacher a guy trying to give his team a jump

clownquestionbro*

Who cares? The Habs retaliated in a stupid way because they were completely frustrated and had given up. Bottom line.

Jumping guys because a team has gotten inside your head? That's gutless Boston Bruins hockey.

gutless putrid hockey is letting another team push you around without fighting back. the habs stood up for themselves and that to me made me feel good. they care!!!!

Droc

Classless
Jul 17, 2010
In my house.

Subbans was really stupid. The best player on the team and he jumped Turris who had no intention of fighting. Everyone on and off the ice knows Turris is not a fighter. I dont know if Subban just had bad judgment, or he wanted out of the game and was going for the ejection. And pounding on Turris on the ground, aside from being dirty, he risks getting a suspension...a really bad move considering he is his teams best chance of success.

White....That was moronic. Even with emotions running high, you dont pull a stunt like that, not with that Ottawa line. 1st of all you have no chance of winning a fight with anyone on the ice, secondly, your committing the other Habs on the ice to engage against opponents who could seriously beat them down. Your not going to win, your not going to make a point, your not going to swing momentum...

Had that big brawl not happened, and Ottawa still win, Habs and the fans would still have some confidence, but the shenanigans did nothing but fill everyones head with doubt and concern.

poetryinmotion

Jul 12, 2011
Subbans was really stupid. The best player on the team and he jumped Turris who had no intention of fighting. Everyone on and off the ice knows Turris is not a fighter. I dont know if Subban just had bad judgment, or he wanted out of the game and was going for the ejection. And pounding on Turris on the ground, aside from being dirty, he risks getting a suspension...a really bad move considering he is his teams best chance of success.

White....That was moronic. Even with emotions running high, you dont pull a stunt like that, not with that Ottawa line. 1st of all you have no chance of winning a fight with anyone on the ice, secondly, your committing the other Habs on the ice to engage against opponents who could seriously beat them down. Your not going to win, your not going to make a point, your not going to swing momentum...

Had that big brawl not happened, and Ottawa still win, Habs and the fans would still have some confidence, but the shenanigans did nothing but fill everyones head with doubt and concern.

I think Subban just wanted an outlet. He was super emotional and everything went wrong that game including Pacman's pass to him so he unleashed all that frustration on Turris. The game was already lost, so not a huge deal that we were missing him and less chances that anyone will be taking a run at him because let's face it who cares of more of their scrubs gets suspended for taking out our best players!

Tomorrow I hope they go after Subban hard and take penalties trying to get back at him. Subban has to keep his cool as well.

Poulet Kostopoulos

Oct 23, 2009
gutless putrid hockey is letting another team push you around without fighting back. the habs stood up for themselves and that to me made me feel good. they care!!!!

Yup. It seems some people doesn't know what "gutless" really means.

I'm not sure on which planet these people are on or if they are just in denial as they seem to be offended to see Habs "jump on guys". This is the NHL, not some hollywood movies where the nice and handsome hero just silently takes the abuse/injustice and then finally saves the day or win the championship by being noble and playing "clean".

Feb 20, 2012
Calgary
Yup. It seems some people doesn't know what "gutless" really means.

I'm not sure on which planet these people are on or if they are just in denial as they seem to be offended to see Habs "jump on guys". This is the NHL, not some hollywood movies where the nice and handsome hero just silently takes the abuse/injustice and then finally saves the day or win the championship by being noble and playing "clean".

Yes I agree. Should have had another line brawl. Our 2nd tier would have pounded their 2nd tier fighters. Then they would have whined. I say dump it in Karlssons corner and hit him all night. Get to the crease and make Anderson life hell. Of course we have to sit Ryder as he will do none of this.

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
Yes I agree. Should have had another line brawl. Our 2nd tier would have pounded their 2nd tier fighters. Then they would have whined. I say dump it in Karlssons corner and hit him all night. Get to the crease and make Anderson life hell. Of course we have to sit Ryder as he will do none of this.

Hitting Karlsson has to be the top priority. Take cheap shots at him. Slash his ankle.

This is the playoffs, they continuously clip Price and we don't do anything about it.

dutchy29

Nov 9, 2007
SIRISAACBROCKVILLE
I'd love to say something positive but the only thing that sticks out is how the habs seem to be feeding off the media, Subban can't control the emotional aspect of his game, Prust should not have said embarrasing remarks about opposing teams coach, Habs nation over-reacted to Eller hit IMO and it happened mainly because Subban started playoffs running guys left and right without any real control of his checks. That IMO is what started this series off as a nasty one.
All that said the Habs are probably sick of being pushed around and maybe the cause of them snapping but we will never win this series unless the guys stick to gether as a team and stick to hockey period.

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
I'd love to say something positive but the only thing that sticks out is how the habs seem to be feeding off the media, Subban can't control the emotional aspect of his game, Prust should not have said embarrasing remarks about opposing teams coach, Habs nation over-reacted to Eller hit IMO and it happened mainly because Subban started playoffs running guys left and right without any real control of his checks. That IMO is what started this series off as a nasty one.
All that said the Habs are probably sick of being pushed around and maybe the cause of them snapping but we will never win this series unless the guys stick to gether as a team and stick to hockey period.

:laugh:

Subban started all of this?

Subban, Gallagher and Bourque are the only ones with descended testicles. When the rest of the teams balls drop, they'll be ready for the playoffs.

25get

Nov 15, 2012
Montreal

What is important is to not fall in the opponent lies.

I understand we retaliated, but it is important to show:
they were provoking us;
we fall into their scheme.

Same was done in the case of Gryba. When you look at the reply, it is clear that the first contact (and almost all of it) is at the head.
But it took the league to review for most to admit the fact that Gryba hit the head.

So yes, I care that on this board we don't fall into the lies of Ottawa.
Even if I would be alone, I would care.

The first remark that I have heard from the Habs in that matter is MT talking about illegal hits on Gallagher.
There should more penalties called against Gallagher.

Anyway, we may not be as strong as they are but as long as we are not intimidated we have a good chance.

Irontoe

Jan 26, 2013
Ottawa is a milquetoast team in milquetoast town, the sooner we realise that the better.

Poulet Kostopoulos

Oct 23, 2009
Yes. It's the playoffs. A blunt as that sounds.

Hurting your opponents' best and cheapshotting them without getting caught are part of the playoffs. It doesn't sound honorable at all but that's how it is.

When you win, the world will remember you won, the cheapshots will be forgotten; when you lose while you tried to play clean and silently taking the abuse, people will just remember you lost, nobody will thank you for being nice.

Em Ancien

Sexy 2nd Rounder
Mar 12, 2008
Mount Real Life
Hurting your opponents' best and cheapshotting them without getting caught are part of the playoffs. It doesn't sound honorable at all but that's how it is.

When you win, the world will remember you won, the cheapshots will be forgotten; when you lose while you tried to play clean and silently taking the abuse, people will just remember you lost, nobody will thank you for being nice.

Yup

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011

Embrace victim-hood. It is better to always be the victim. This is what Montreal Canadiens hockey has become. Victims. Therrien is reinforcing it with his victim press conference.

And a lot of fans love the role of being a victim. Never encourage a Canadiens player for standing up and fighting. Call them selfish and stupid.

Victims rock!!!!!!!!!

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
First part I agree, however the second and third parts, is that the road you really want to go down?

The Habs have been drug down that road by the Sens.

We can surrender and continue to let them drag our players down the road. They targeted Subban with a cross check to the neck and we did nothing about it.

The Habs were rewarded for that by getting jumped in a line fight with Neil, Smith and Kassian.

Habs will get pounded regardless of whether they go after Karlsson or not. At least go down with a fight and with some pride.

Zephyr666

Apr 17, 2013
Hitting Karlsson has to be the top priority. Take cheap shots at him. Slash his ankle.

This is the playoffs, they continuously clip Price and we don't do anything about it.

Disagree. Hockey is still in my opinion a school of life and these guys are role models for a lot of kids, let's win by hitting them hard while avoiding cheapshots.

Injuring other players should never be an option, that's going to contribute educating some ****ed up minds taking the game way too seriously: we already have too much of them in our arenas in the great area of Montreal.

Ok, I went a little bit off the trail on this one.

/rant

HF-Addict

Feb 26, 2004
Don't understand why people are mad about white or subban or anyone fights. It shows emotion and Im glad the habs answered to the cheap hits by the sens. What I'm mad about is that they lost most of those. Honestly, sens were cheapshotting like crazy in the first so boo hoo, they got back what they deserve in the 3rd when the habs played the villains.

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
Disagree. Hockey is still in my opinion a school of life and these guys are role models for a lot of kids, let's win by hitting them hard while avoiding cheapshots.

Injuring other players should never be an option, that's going to contribute educating some ****ed up minds taking the game way too seriously: we already have too much of them in our arenas in the great area of Montreal.

Ok, I went a little bit off the trail on this one.

/rant

So we really need to be vigilant while watching hockey games with our kids.

When a Sens player hits Eller in the head, we need to be quick to cover their eyes. When they target Subban and Gally, cover their eyes again.

When Ryder skates by and does not finish a check, lets buy our kids popcorn as a reward for seeing that type of behavior.

Amazing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad