Post-Game Talk: We Lost, but that's okay We'll Win Tomorrow!

namttebih

Dec 11, 2010
East York
I wonder if Joe Colborne is available. It would hurt bad to part with one of Or or McLaren but these are deseparate times.

As a stop gap how about Abbott. He's a college guy so he's a little older. I know that it's not pretty but:
JVR Smith Kessel
Lupul Abbott Raymond
Kulemin McClement Clarkson
McLaren Smithson Orr

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Missed this game. Looks like a crappy performance.

Here's a recap of key points.

1. No chemistry of JVR-Kessel-Lupul line
2. Clarkson - Smith line was our best tonight.
3. Could have used Rielly
4. PP is struggling
5. No fireworks ie. Scott

That's about it. Really miss any combination of 2 of Bozak, Kadri and Bolland.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
Here's a recap of key points.

1. No chemistry of JVR-Kessel-Lupul line
2. Clarkson - Smith line was our best tonight.
3. Could have used Rielly
4. PP is struggling
5. No fireworks ie. Scott

That's about it. Really miss any combination of 2 of Bozak, Kadri and Bolland.

Thanks for the recap! How far away is Bozak?

NarcoPolo

Jul 16, 2012
If we loose back to back games against the buffalo sabres so help me god I will loose my ****

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Thanks for the recap! How far away is Bozak?

He's skatiing with Belza, until he participates in full drills I wouldn't expect he is close.

Maybe Nov 25 if we are lucky, one full month after his hamstring injury. 4 more games best case scenario. #1 PP unit hasn't played well since he has gone down.

Grade 2 hamstring injuries typically take a month to heal.

Mr Scarface*

Toronto misses him more as he had 2-3 GWGs and was among Leafs best players this year, really sparking the offense and his shutdown work on Crosby and PK work was also strong defensively.
Yes Bolland really dominated Crosby etc. He really can dominate in games in so many ways as he wins Stanley Cups.

David Bolland our best players.

lLeafer

Feb 27, 2012
Don't worry about it. We outshot them so it's not really a win for Buffalo and not really a loss for us. They haven't updated the standings yet but we'll get our 3 points for outshooting them by more than 10.

Leaf_Crazy

Jan 22, 2003
Toronto
I think you meant
FRANSON HAS NOT LOOKED GOOD

RANGER IS LOOKING BETTER AND BETTER

Franson is not coming out of the lineup. Hes going to be allowed to work through a slump.

Rielly is a game changer, his decision making and puck movement are incredible. He needs to be in. Ranger can be removed because hes just average and makes mistakes. Fraser brings 'grit'.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Looking back, Leafs have generated decent scoring chances. It's just a matter of time before they break out offensively again. This is a team that can score. I am not worried about this slump. Even Carlyle said the Leafs played a good game last night. I don't know what you guys were watching.

bunjay

Nov 9, 2008
Looking back, Leafs have generated decent scoring chances. It's just a matter of time before they break out offensively again. This is a team that can score. I am not worried about this slump. Even Carlyle said the Leafs played a good game last night. I don't know what you guys were watching.

The Leafs came on after they went down by a goal and it was already too late. They had two PPs to tie it up in the third and failed to capitalize just like they did against Boston.

For those trying to pump Bozak's tires, they won all three games they played without him before Bolland was injured. "Yeah but Edmonton and Calgary LOL!" Yeah...and Pittsburgh, which IMO was our best game of the season. In which Kadri replaced Bozak on the first line and they looked great.

If you go back a little further you might notice the win over Anaheim in which Kessel scored his hat-trick...with absolutely no contribution from Bozak.

The team was fine without Bozak. They were not fine without Bolland, and they are terrible without Bolland and Kadri.

leafstilldeath*

The Leafs came on after they went down by a goal and it was already too late. They had two PPs to tie it up in the third and failed to capitalize just like they did against Boston.

For those trying to pump Bozak's tires, they won all three games they played without him before Bolland was injured. "Yeah but Edmonton and Calgary LOL!" Yeah...and Pittsburgh, which IMO was our best game of the season. In which Kadri replaced Bozak on the first line and they looked great.

If you go back a little further you might notice the win over Anaheim in which Kessel scored his hat-trick...with absolutely no contribution from Bozak.

The team was fine without Bozak. They were not fine without Bolland, and they are terrible without Bolland and Kadri.

Truer words have never been spoken!

phg

Sep 11, 2013
The Leafs outshot Buffalo last night 33-27 and still lost. 2011 Leafs out shot their opposition countless nights and didn't win much either.

Why are you ignoring that the Leafs are without Bolland, Bozak, and Kadri? Otherwise known as your entire centre depth?Or JVR moving from the wing to Centre? Thats why we aren't scoring, not because of puck possession but because we don't have enough forwards that can take the pressure off guys like Kessel and JVR or have enough GOOD depth down the middle

Certainly the problems with injuries are aggravating the situation. I'm not ignoring that. Nevertheless even before this, the Leafs were being pummeled with shots against. They did very well offensively with the opportunities they had, extremely well! They have very talented goal scorers and outstanding goal tending, as good as any in the league. The fact is however that they were spending way too much in their own end of the rink without the puck even with Boland and Bozak. Look at the stats! Winning however under these conditions is not sustainable, in my opinion,

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad