Post-Game Talk: We Lawst

Jan 8, 2012
NY
Then why did Cooper bench those players if they don't care about the regular season?

Cooper benched them to kick them in the ass to get more effort out of his squad. The reverse seems to have happened.
He obviously would like them to show more than 0 effort. But they know what the prize is, and it ain't winning the regular season division title.

Tampa has lost a lot of depth over the years so I'm not as worried about them as previous years, but they're still going to be a tough opponent for anyone who faces them.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
I know we joke about this, but it’s pretty likely that having a baby around is actually affecting his play. I’m sure it is different for a millionaire athlete, but that seriously upsets your lifestyle and that’s probably doubly true for goalies whose games are so mental and reliant on routine.

When is Zib’s kid due? Hopefully not until the playoffs are over.
Yeah, I actually had my second a few weeks before Igor had his baby so I totally get it. It is a very real thing and I'm sure it's having a serious impact on him overall. Let's hope he can do something to help him manage it because it's not going away lol he's going to have kid(s) the rest of his career. Bring in some family to come stay and help for the playoffs at least lol.

Reactions: Synergy27

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Yeah, I actually had my second a few weeks before Igor had his baby so I totally get it. It is a very real thing and I'm sure it's having a serious impact on him overall. Let's hope he can do something to help him manage it because it's not going away lol he's going to have kid(s) the rest of his career. Bring in some family to come stay and help for the playoffs at least lol.

I know his family is his business but why the f*** is a 26 year old athlete not only married but having kids? He can have so much fun AND play well.

Reactions: The Gloaming

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
He obviously would like them to show more than 0 effort. But they know what the prize is, and it ain't winning the regular season division title.

Tampa has lost a lot of depth over the years so I'm not as worried about them as previous years, but they're still going to be a tough opponent for anyone who faces them.

Ya never know, but it seems obvious that Boston will be by far the toughest team to beat 4 times.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Also I think I’d rather be WC1 than 3rd seed. We’re not getting home ice and Carolina would be easier than the devils
I want to rid the Devils asap. Don't allow them to get their feet wet beating another team and gaining momentum into facing us. Wanna give them a good JOLT of what PO hockey is all about. We should have the advantage there, a no brainer. Key word is "should".

PANARIN BREAD FAN

Feb 18, 2019
I want to rid the Devils asap. Don't allow them to get their feet wet beating another team and gaining momentum into facing us. Wanna give them a good JOLT of what PO hockey is all about. We should have the advantage there, a no brainer. Key word is "should".
if the devils make it to the 2nd round they'll most likely have reached their peak. most of their players have never made it to the playoffs. they're playing extra games after a regular season for the very first time at the nhl level. the extra wear and tear of playing a 2nd round could be real overwhelming.

winning a 1st round series for them would be an outstanding achievement. especially considering what they were the last several seasons. people forget but the fans wanted ruff fired before they went on that crazy winning streak.

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
Practice thoughts

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230307-143956_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20230307-143956_Google.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot_20230307-144005_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20230307-144005_Google.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 2

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
I feel we should have addressed the D depth rather than adding another Top 6 forward. Cool with Tarasenko, he‘s been contributing, but think the last trade, could have gotten maybe another OFD Who can transition the puck.
Should have targeted Orlov. I mean look what Boston added to an already deep team. Orlov, Bertuzzi and Hathaway. Brought in 2 solid players with familiarity with each other, and that helps transitioning. Bertuzzi is very talented if he can stay healthy, another solid pick up.
So, agreed. We went over the top with Kane, but really could have gone elsewhere with probably better overall additions. I'll bet anyone,
And made the Powerplay worse.
Yeah well, it's not like our PP (pre-Tank & Kane) were lighting it up. Had they, maybe he would have left them alone. I suppose you cannot add players of that caliber and NOT place them on the PP. You would think that we'd be hitting on nearly 45% the talent we're icing.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Yeah I mean his best games this season still aren’t even close to even just his solid games last year.

I can’t stop thinking about the points Vally made in the pregame a few games ago about Igor’s stance being wider and he’s crouching more and it’s impacting literally everything about Igor’s gsme. Idk why him and Benny won’t fix it and get back to basics. He looks off every night, he’s getting beat on clear sight shots with regularity, he’s late on plays he used to be early on. You need your goalie to make big saves on great chances, we watch the other teams goalies do it to us night after night while watching Igor get beat with much too high frequency. I’m a goalie myself so maybe that’s why I’m being hard on him but it’s just incredibly frustrating to see all the talent we have and the potential this team has this season and then see Igor being bad knowing what he’s capable of and watch him this year looking like a shell of himself. It’s so frustrating and as we get closer to the playoffs and he continues to suck I’m getting more and more worried that this is what we’re going to get and if that’s the case we’re out in round one.
I think this has gone way past "concerning" and now we are downright worried. Very warranted, I might add. We all know when our teMA IS UP AGAINST IT. And Shesty hasn't been there. We all expect more, but question.....is that really fair?
We've been spoiled for so long now, that when we are having the goalie issues that we are facing now.......we are all in a state of panic.
I can def see GG's thinking of not burning him out, but jeez that's NOT working.
Some goalies get off playing nearly every game. The BEST of the BEST do. The more work, the better. How many wins did Shesty get last year with 40+ saves?
We give up less shots and more are going in. Puck no-luck is one thing, but time and time again he's been letting in goals that I simply cannot believe they went in.
I'd force feed him 17 of the next 20, get it right or we are cooked. Can't expect to win PO games 5-4, even with this powerhouse offense that has yet to prove such.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
if the devils make it to the 2nd round they'll most likely have reached their peak. most of their players have never made it to the playoffs. they're playing extra games after a regular season for the very first time at the nhl level. the extra wear and tear of playing a 2nd round could be real overwhelming.

winning a 1st round series for them would be an outstanding achievement. especially considering what they were the last several seasons. people forget but the fans wanted ruff fired before they went on that crazy winning streak.
I remember that like it was yesterday, and really made me laugh. Anyone for last laughs? Well, not me. Often wonder why we didn't start chants about firing GG.
Never became a thing. Obviously the Devils rallied around him, would we do that for GG? I mean, do our players even respect him and his "ways"? I wonder.
Not looking to blame him, but many instances have been brought up here at HF, about all of the things he does wrong. We don't go far in PO's for any obvious reason (injuries, bad goaltending) then he might be hailing a cab.
Drury didn't do this for no good reason.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad